Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Intel NUC - Haswell (4th Generation CPU)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2013-11-10, 22:56)arokh Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not getting a picture with my i5 using a mini hdmi to hdmi converter, any ideas? Going to try a cable tomorrow.

If you try powering it up and the NUC's power led blinks in groups of three, you've got bad RAM (for me, it was 1.5v, when the NUC only works with 1.35v).

If you get a steady power light (even if it goes off right after you press power, but then comes back on and doesn't blink), and nothing comes up on your display, then I would try pressing F2 and/or F10 on an attached USB keyboard during the first few seconds after you press power. If nothing displays after a few seconds, power it off and back on. I did combinations of this a couple times, and eventually I got video out on HDMI to my TV. If there is a message about a failure during POST at this point, just ignore it, and go into the BIOS (F2) and set everything up the way you want.
(2013-11-10, 23:40)aesalazar Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone else having trouble with Sleep? When i enter sleep from XBMC it works for a few seconds but then powers back up. Tried with both OE and Ubuntu+xbmc and changed everything I could think of in the bios. I remember someone mentioned a problem with shutdown - I wonder if that is related.

Ernie

My shutdown doesn't actually shut down anything either. Sleep has the same behavior you have.
(2013-11-10, 20:31)mushoss Wrote: [ -> ]What, if any is the advantage of using the internal sata and sata power connections with a internal hdd in the forthcoming "tall" nuc. Is the 3.0 usb connected to a external drive just as fast. I understand that the new haswell nuc has these connections but does not have the room for the drive. Therefore intel is producing a taller nuc to take advantage of them. I have been holding off for this taller nuc for that reason but am now wondering if that is what i want, as i could have a larger external hdd.

Depends on the size of hard drive you want to use..
If you need a 4 tb hard drive then you will go external ... Or NAS ..
You'll always run out of room. Keep your nuc on a ssd and put the big drives in your server.
LOL...

Intel Released on 9/11/2013 the v 9.xxxxxx 3257 that solves the Corrupt Graphics on Xbmc v 12.2 on Windows..

Dont use the Intel Update program..

Just download manually and install...

!!!!!!!!!!!!! Enjoy Wink
Which windows os?

Link?

Was that released two months ago? I'm pretty sure that is still broken for windows 7, have you tried it? I think someone said it fixed video but broke audio - not sure on this as well...I can't test since EU still in the dark for release >.<
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_...9%09%09%09

for windows 7 64bit..

Try it and report Wink
(2013-11-11, 18:42)solamnic Wrote: [ -> ]Try it and report Wink

(2013-11-11, 16:47)Platypus2 Wrote: [ -> ]I can't test since EU still in the dark for release >.<

Tongue

I think those are the ones from 2 months ago (the date is annoying), but I think its safe to presume they didn't come out on Saturday. Eitherway, in that Intel corruption thread they said the latest drivers fixed the video issues for them but gave them audio issues instead so they reverted back to the old ones.
I did some testing again..

with the driver that i downloaded from above
i have no distortion in XBMC Gui v12.2 (intel i3, 4400) - with Aeon Nox Skin

like i had with the previous Intel drivers... (Windows 7 64bit)..
(2013-11-12, 00:14)solamnic Wrote: [ -> ]I did some testing again..

with the driver that i downloaded from above
i have no distortion in XBMC Gui v12.2 (intel i3, 4400) - with Aeon Nox Skin

like i had with the previous Intel drivers... (Windows 7 64bit)..

I don't know if you plan to stick with windows or not, but if you do see how you get on. Seems that it works ok for a bit then sound issues or some other weird issues seem to creep in. I think 4:3 and/or VC-1 encoded videos still have corruption - again I can't test any of this, just going by the thread.

I'm not sure whether its helpful or not, but the first 5-6 posts on this page (page 7) seem to talk about a sound issue with the 'latest drivers' all with date stamps after 11th September 2013. https://communities.intel.com/thread/386...0&tstart=0

Given that the drivers have been out for two months, and that particular thread is still very active I can't see how it can be completely fixed in those drivers. I think the latest win 8.1 has but so far no new windows 7 drivers. If you don't experience sound issues that then that's great, but I expect there is still corruption somewhere - but you might not notice it depending on what your collection consists of.
Any news on Australian availability? Some (non mainstream) computer stores seem to be listing them, but of course all show no actual stock
Dont have any 4:3 and/or VC1 encoded videos Smile

my main concern was the disrupt XBMC GUI Graphics..
it is fixed..

if any sound errors occur i will report back ofc...
(2013-11-12, 01:12)solamnic Wrote: [ -> ]Dont have any 4:3 and/or VC1 encoded videos Smile

my main concern was the disrupt XBMC GUI Graphics..
it is fixed..

if any sound errors occur i will report back ofc...

Oh ok, yeah the GUI was fixed a while back. But there is a different problem with haswell which is a green line on one side of the screen, seems it might be only present in the 4:3 and VC-1 videos now though - these issues fixed in the win 8.1 drivers as well. Not sure what the sound issues are and I expect something so generalized as 'sound issues' will be specific to a persons setup rather than massively universal, so hopefully you don't find any issues at all Smile
Using latest nightly of OE sleep/suspend seem to work appropriately with the i3 nuc.
Never mind I found my answer on crucials website