Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Intel NUC - Haswell (4th Generation CPU)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2014-02-06, 20:35)baltik Wrote: [ -> ]It seems that several people have resolved booting issues, I am still struggling with mine - Every time I shut down via XBMC or remote control the machine boots back up. Is there a setting that I need to tweak?

Machine: I3 - D34010WYK
BIOS 0023 - latest version, WOL disabled
OpenElec - recent nightly build: r17148

I'd like to know this as well.
Check your keymap files. I have removed the shutdown() action
Hello,

I will probably buy D34010WYKH or DN2820FYK. I will use openelec only with an usb drive.
Some people repport HD audio problem and no HW acceleration video with the DN2820FYK

Can someone can confirm that finally the i3 haswell work correctly with lastest openelec snapshot.

1/ Bitstream succesfull DTS HDMA and DTS HD -> AV receiver show correctly "DTS – HD MSTR" for HDMA and "DTS – HD HR"
2/ xbmc from OE use hardware acceleration
3/ No more video problem
4/ does the powerup button problem with the lastest firmware is solved ?

thanks
sorry for my english
I never had button power-up problems on current NUC.
I had those problem on previous, which has been replaced with a working one by reseller.

I believe that the first bunch had HW problems with power button and not BIOS, but I am not 100% sure... this are just my personal speculations.
My Harmony Smart Control doesn´t work, with my USB IR used on my Zotac id11 it works out of the box, But than i have the shutdown and reboot issue.
I tried everything also the nuvoton workaround but nothing happens.

I used these Codes

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
# RGB fix
DISPLAY=:0 xrandr --output HDMI1 --set "Broadcast RGB" "Full"

# IR fix
modprobe -r nuvoton_cir
echo "auto" > /sys/bus/acpi/devices/NTN0530:00/physical_node/resources
modprobe nuvoton_cir
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Which Openelec-Version do you guys use and which Bios Version?

I installed the last stable one and updated to bios 023.
I'm using Gotham with the IR fix in the first post of the thread.

My Harmony Smart control is working perfectly.
Hi,
i am just about to purchase this haswell nuc i3, 4gb ram 30gb msata.
and can you guys help me with a few questions ?

1, does it need a certain type of ram or any old laptop ram ?
2. what is the best OS for it, reading a few pages on here it seems like win 8.1 is best, ?
3. will the IR work with a harmony one remote ?
4. Does it power on, with the remote ?

thanks
Jim
(2014-02-07, 14:38)jinkyjim Wrote: [ -> ]1, does it need a certain type of ram or any old laptop ram ?

Certain type. DDR3 SODIMM with 1.35V voltage (most of them are 1.5V).

(2014-02-07, 14:38)jinkyjim Wrote: [ -> ]4. Does it power on, with the remote ?

Yes, it does.
thanks for that fast answer trsqr
all ready to buy now.
(2014-02-07, 12:32)Aquila Wrote: [ -> ]My Harmony Smart Control doesn´t work, with my USB IR used on my Zotac id11 it works out of the box, But than i have the shutdown and reboot issue.
I tried everything also the nuvoton workaround but nothing happens.

I used these Codes

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
# RGB fix
DISPLAY=:0 xrandr --output HDMI1 --set "Broadcast RGB" "Full"

# IR fix
modprobe -r nuvoton_cir
echo "auto" > /sys/bus/acpi/devices/NTN0530:00/physical_node/resources
modprobe nuvoton_cir

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Which Openelec-Version do you guys use and which Bios Version?

I installed the last stable one and updated to bios 023.

Hi try using the media center extender code from Harmony and follow the guide in these posts.
http://openelec.tv/forum/103-infared-rem...mitstart=0
http://openelec.tv/forum/103-infared-rem...mitstart=0
I managed it so hopefully so will you
Good luck
@iworm I think this is bad advice, no?

Aren't the color fixes in the gotham beta branch?

You should download the latest gotham branch version, and exclude the RGB fix from the autostart.sh

The IR fix is still neccessary, IIRC.

Good luck.
Really liked the price for baytrail but looks like Im leaning more towards buying an i3 haswell when the tall version comes out. Will be good to have the extra power I think.

I have 2gb ram taken out of my Asus UX32vd. Its covered so I can't tell the ram model number or specs. On the asus site it says DDR3 1600 MHz SDRAM
Will it be compatable? also, if I want another stick in there to make 4gb does it have to be the exact same kind?
I get it, thanks to all.

My Solution, i just forgot to ad chmod 0777. Now it works perfect.

Now i can say the Nuc Haswell has the best price performace for using XBMC in my mind

I´m confused, the Bios-Link in the first Post takes me to the Version 022, why?
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_...dType=BIOS

I think this has to be the correct one, doesn´t it?
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_...dType=BIOS

@all who already use Gotham, is it still stable enough, or are there any necessary bugs which give me the reason to use the stable version?
Is it possible to change from stable to Gotham nightly without loosing my settings? I know how to update manually.
(2014-02-08, 08:25)Aquila Wrote: [ -> ]@all who already use Gotham, is it still stable enough, or are there any necessary bugs which give me the reason to use the stable version?
Is it possible to change from stable to Gotham nightly without loosing my settings? I know how to update manually.

The only problem I've come across was some SQL queries that were not being formatted correctly. Now that the SQL is fixed (late last year), I've not turned back from using Gotham however not all of the skins are properly supporting Gotham so they may behave a bit strangely.

Or to put it another way, if you're content with Confluence as the default skin, there is nothing holding you back from using Gotham.
(2014-02-06, 20:35)baltik Wrote: [ -> ]It seems that several people have resolved booting issues, I am still struggling with mine - Every time I shut down via XBMC or remote control the machine boots back up. Is there a setting that I need to tweak?
Try the grub fix suggested in this post.