Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Intel NUC - Haswell (4th Generation CPU)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2014-03-18, 16:00)fritsch Wrote: [ -> ]I did not verify the last one. I only said, that there is an 23.976 hz mode available by default with recent kernels and I don't have this hardware.

Edit:
It's quite easy to see:

- Play some 23.976 movie, while doing so verify with xbmc-xrandr that the 23.976 hz mode is in use (current="true").
- Enable "Sync Playback to Display" with method Video Clock
- Start that 23.976 movie again. Press "o" - if you see 23.978 fps all is fine. If you see constant 24.0 - you have the old problem.

Someone did that already and posted here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1617071

That's from Windows I think, but looks good, no? Anyway, let's continue the Bay Trail discussion in that thread and keep the Haswell discussion here. Haswell NUC does 23.976 fine, just to avoid any confusion. Smile
(2014-03-18, 16:00)fritsch Wrote: [ -> ]I did not verify the last one. I only said, that there is an 23.976 hz mode available by default with recent kernels and I don't have this hardware.

Edit:
It's quite easy to see:

- Play some 23.976 movie, while doing so verify with xbmc-xrandr that the 23.976 hz mode is in use (current="true").
- Enable "Sync Playback to Display" with method Video Clock
- Start that 23.976 movie again. Press "o" - if you see 23.978 fps all is fine. If you see constant 24.0 - you have the old problem.

Hi Fritsch,

I must have mistaken you with someone else who commented that they've confirmed that 23.976 is proper in Bay Trail.

In the case of Ivy Bridge, I never experienced it showing 24.00 in the XBMC display when it was broken, but I do recall it fluctuating a bit as the frequency was not perfectly 23.976 but instead 23.9 and some other decimal value.

(2014-03-18, 18:49)locust Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone having flaky wifi issues with the Intel 7260 wifi card in Linux? I had to ditch OpenELEC for Win7 because in OpenELEC the network would randomly drop connection and reconnect infinitely until a system reboot happened. A problem that doesn't happen in Win7

I don't think you'll find that lots of people run these on wifi. Even a "stable" wi-fi connection has issues at times, wired is preferable.
(2014-03-18, 19:12)voip-ninja Wrote: [ -> ]...I don't think you'll find that lots of people run these on wifi. Even a "stable" wi-fi connection has issues at times, wired is preferable.
Mine runs in Linux Mint using a USB wireless adapter and have zero problems with drop-outs or buffering (my ISP speed is ~ 56 Mbps measured and I get all of it through my wifi)
I don't even have a wired ethernet to my system.
Cudos to you and your wireless :-)
(2014-03-18, 19:39)DEcosse Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-03-18, 19:12)voip-ninja Wrote: [ -> ]...I don't think you'll find that lots of people run these on wifi. Even a "stable" wi-fi connection has issues at times, wired is preferable.
Mine runs in Linux Mint using a USB wireless adapter and have zero problems with drop-outs or buffering (my ISP speed is ~ 56 Mbps measured and I get all of it through my wifi)
I don't even have a wired ethernet to my system.

If you can stream full BD over wifi then hats off to you, it is simply not possible for most people. Low bit-rate stuff sure, the good stuff, there are too many things that can go wrong, interference from other devices, etc.
(2014-03-14, 15:17)micoba Wrote: [ -> ]@fritsch

Could you explain to me, why scrolling text e.g. in movie library resutls in full CPU speed (i.e. 2,6Ghz)?

I'm using XBMC Beta 1 on Win 8.1 and Aeon MQ 5 skin.

Is there a way to change this?

Best regards

@fritsch

Perhaps you didn't see my question!? Don't feel obliged to answer, though your opinion would interest me a lot regarding this "issue"!
No idea, would not use Windows for 20 cent / boot :-)

Edit: But yeah, what do you expect by a Skin that does a whole lot stuff in the background in order to get as fancy as possible? On every menu entry multiple scripts are started and evaluated be it for preview, thumbs and so on.
Thanks for your answer. Well it happens using OE, too. But since I got the ABEL H2 case, I'm kind of overprotective of my nuc :-)
(2014-03-18, 18:49)locust Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone having flaky wifi issues with the Intel 7260 wifi card in Linux? I had to ditch OpenELEC for Win7 because in OpenELEC the network would randomly drop connection and reconnect infinitely until a system reboot happened. A problem that doesn't happen in Win7

I had similar issues with that card in AC mode. Connecting in N mode, there are no issues and more than enough bandwidth for HD TV and Blu-ray movies. I haven't tried Windows, yet.
If you have QoS settings on your router, you might want to check them.
(2014-03-15, 17:51)OmBreNoiRe Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-02-22, 06:04)millercentral Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-02-21, 07:27)Wingfat Wrote: [ -> ]Does anyone know if the newly announced Xbox One Media Remote will be compatible with the NUC? Will it use the same codes as the Microsoft Media Center remotes?
http://news.cnet.com/8301-10805_3-576191...ft-to-sell-$25-xbox-one-media-remote-in-march/

No it is not the same remote codes, or even the same protocol (MCE is RC6, the Xbox One remote is nec1 protocol).

Hi ! Is it possible to make the nuvoton CIR working with the xbox one remote ?

Yes, I have it working on Openelec. I'd say that it's my favorite remote so far.
(2014-03-18, 23:13)micoba Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for your answer. Well it happens using OE, too. But since I got the ABEL H2 case, I'm kind of overprotective of my nuc :-)

Aeon uses the same amount of CPU no matter if Linux or Windows. Smooth menus don't come from "low cpu clock" and "high cpu clock" does not necessarily mean "high power usage". Modern CPUs have other properties to save power.
Still seeing artefacts when watching vc-1 movies...minor..but they are def. there...isnt
xbmc supposed to switch to software decoding when watching vc-1 ??
Hi guys,

I have a problem with the NUC HASWELL D34010WYK, I configured the fix to use the remote and the remote works correctly but I can not turn on/off the nuc from the remote. Also I have a Intel NUC I5 Haswell and fix works perfectly an I can turn on/off the NUC with the remote.

Anyone have this problem?

I use OPENELEC distro.

Thanks
(2014-03-19, 14:20)gamble Wrote: [ -> ]Still seeing artefacts when watching vc-1 movies...minor..but they are def. there...isnt
xbmc supposed to switch to software decoding when watching vc-1 ??

Will be fixed when OE updates to ffmpeg 2.x which won't happen for gotham. All VC1 files are fine with fernetmenta ppa.
ppa....?

So do i need more then the Beta OE i can download from oe.tv...?