Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Intel NUC - Haswell (4th Generation CPU)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Try disable WOL in Bios
(2014-09-22, 20:06)-DDD- Wrote: [ -> ]Try disable WOL in Bios

but then i cant turn it on by the phone remote, right ? :S
(2014-09-18, 17:25)voip-ninja Wrote: [ -> ]Very interested if that resolves it for you. Any other info you could share would also be helpful. I have always suspected that another device in my entertainment system had an overlap with the power on code.

Been running without any crashes or reboots. I'm really pleased. Also one blu-ray concert I had in MKV used to have terrible blocks in the picture and audio out of sync now plays perfect. It's a VC1 so I always had hardware acceleration disabled.
(2014-09-23, 12:53)JaRi Wrote: [ -> ]but then i cant turn it on by the phone remote, right ? :S
No, but it will help you determine if WoL is causing the problem or not.

Been there done that. Has no effect.
(2014-09-24, 04:11)voip-ninja Wrote: [ -> ]Been there done that. Has no effect.
What about covering or unplugging the IR sensor? Does that stop the problem?
(2014-09-24, 05:04)Stereodude Wrote: [ -> ]

Considering it's part of the motherboard that would be a cute trick. I could disable the sensor in the bios but then I can't operate it with the remote so not doing that.
Anyone know if the d34010wykh will be able to handle the decoding of H.265 smoothly? Want to buy this unit bit want to be prepared for the future a bit. Smile
Use search. It was on the topic a few times in this thread. Wink
Meh, usually im the one hating ppl not using the search :X Sorry, in the train atm on my small phone so Im using that as an excuse :p Thnx though Wink
(2014-09-24, 05:48)voip-ninja Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-09-24, 05:04)Stereodude Wrote: [ -> ]

Considering it's part of the motherboard that would be a cute trick. I could disable the sensor in the bios but then I can't operate it with the remote so not doing that.

I think the suggestion is that random ir radiation is triggering wake on remote in some way. Covering the ir sensor will test that. I don't think it was meant as a permanent solution, merely a troubleshooting exercise.
I'm a bit intimidated by this thread but here goes: I have a DCCP847DYE and was wondering would I notice much of a improvement if I purchased a Haswell D54250WYK?

At the moment the only real complaint I have is that it chokes on heavier skins such as Aeon MQ5. Besides that then I don't think there's much more that could be improved...or am I wrong please?

By the way would I be able to take the components (such as the mSATA SSD) into the Haswell? Thanks for any help!
(2014-09-24, 21:30)VanZan Wrote: [ -> ]I'm a bit intimidated by this thread but here goes: I have a DCCP847DYE and was wondering would I notice much of a improvement if I purchased a Haswell D54250WYK?

At the moment the only real complaint I have is that it chokes on heavier skins such as Aeon MQ5. Besides that then I don't think there's much more that could be improved...or am I wrong please?

By the way would I be able to take the components (such as the mSATA SSD) into the Haswell? Thanks for any help!

Yes, the new machine would be MUCH faster than the one you have... the one you have has a pretty pokey 1.1 ghz processor, the i3 and i5 devices are at least 2-4X faster.

You can probably reuse your mSATA drive but you would need to buy new RAM as the new NUCs require different RAM than your older box.

The other big improvements of the new one vs your old one is that the new ones have integrated IR that can be used to control and power on/off the unit, and the Haswell based units offer proper 23.976 support so that if watching movies at 1080p/24 you won't get the frame-drop judder that would occur with older units.

(2014-09-24, 10:58)nickr Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-09-24, 05:48)voip-ninja Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-09-24, 05:04)Stereodude Wrote: [ -> ]What about covering or unplugging the IR sensor? Does that stop the problem?

I think the suggestion is that random ir radiation is triggering wake on remote in some way. Covering the ir sensor will test that. I don't think it was meant as a permanent solution, merely a troubleshooting exercise.

I think I'll wait until the new OE goes out for general release as at least one user reports that has fixed it. If I load that up and continue to have problems then certainly taping the IR sensor is an option, although for me a bit of a pain as I have an IR repeater connected to the front of the box and the box is in a not so accessible location.
(2014-09-23, 19:29)Stereodude Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-09-23, 12:53)JaRi Wrote: [ -> ]but then i cant turn it on by the phone remote, right ? :S
No, but it will help you determine if WoL is causing the problem or not.

(2014-09-24, 04:11)voip-ninja Wrote: [ -> ]

Been there done that. Has no effect.

To me it worked disabling the WOL, haven't had a single random power on since Smile

but i miss the power on funktion from phone Tongue
Hi Guys, new here, so please forgive me if I am lost Smile

I've just bought NUC with i3 and love little fella! After Raspberry PI difference is more than huge, performance-wise. As newbie I have few question for more experienced user:

1. NUC is connected directly to Onkyo receiver TX-NR626. Is there any way to use Onkyo remote, to control system? Currently I have android app, but it doesn't suit me well. (I installed OpenELEC if that matters).

2. I am using WD My Book Live as NAS and add it to XBMC library. I download data from various devices directly to it (NAS). Is there any way to automatically inform NUC to update library after adding new file to NAS?

Please point me to right direction, thank you in advance.