Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Intel NUC - Haswell (4th Generation CPU)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2013-11-28, 12:43)micoba Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the answer, but I used the solution described by Intel and could solve the problem in seconds.+

But what about the issue with the external HDD? Does yours spindown? Mine only after complete shutdown, which by the way only works with the stop trick (I'm on OE 3.2.4). Regarding the hdd spindown problem none of the posted images here helped.

Sorry, I thought you were intimating that the solution you posted wasn't working and I second-guessed that if you had a problematic power button then that could be the case.

I'm afraid I don't have an external HDD drive.
The hdd problem is annoying. Does anybody know how to install hd-idle on OE? By the way I tried hdparm and it didn't work.

Please, I can't be the only one having trouble with permanent running hdds!?
hd-idle should be included now, no? Are you running a recent build?

https://github.com/OpenELEC/OpenELEC.tv/...ls/hd-idle

Should be an add-on somewhere on the forum as well, I made one myself a long time ago. As a quick and dirty solution you could just download a .deb and extract the binary.
Hi guys!

Since a few hours, Im also the proud owner of a Haswell NUC.

I arrived at setting up my remote control. I patched the autostart script.

I have two questions:
- I see no dedicated "Remote control" checkbox at XBMC input settings. Is this correct?
- I hear different talking about whether it is possible to use an Apple remote. If it is possible: what do you need to edit? I know it uses the NEC protocol...

Oh, and does somebody here use a Marantz learning remote and succesfully uses it on the NUC?\

Cheers!!
(2013-11-28, 20:35)arokh Wrote: [ -> ]hd-idle should be included now, no? Are you running a recent build?

https://github.com/OpenELEC/OpenELEC.tv/...ls/hd-idle

Should be an add-on somewhere on the forum as well, I made one myself a long time ago. As a quick and dirty solution you could just download a .deb and extract the binary.

Thank you for your answer! Yes, I'm using the latest build.

Where should I look for the hd-idle folder (exact path in OE) or where should I extract the hd-idle folder respectivelyHuh

Waiting for your answer!!!

Thanks in advance!
Since a few hours I'm also the proud owner of I3 NUC.
It all runs great, after some help of quintixbox.

Smile
I finally did it!

I used hparm. It seems I had to use it in putty.
(2013-11-28, 15:07)mstef Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-11-28, 14:49)zoroeyes Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks mstef

I too have one of the old xbox controls, like the one pictured, but black with a separate xbox button below the clear/enter buttons. Yes, I've tried it with the NUC, it does nothing, regardless of whether I've already powered the NUC on or not, so I guess that one is useless.

Might have a look out for one like yours though, thanks for the picture.

Cheers

You can also try this one, it is MS compatible, should works too:
i use this one, its perfect Smile
(2013-11-28, 23:40)Protax Wrote: [ -> ]Since a few hours I'm also the proud owner of I3 NUC.
It all runs great, after some help of quintixbox.

Smile

which model?

which model?
[/quote]

Intel NUC Barebone (Intel Core i3 4010U) BOXD34010WYK2
Kingston 60GB mS200 SSD (mSATA) SMS200S3/60G
Crucial 8GB PC3-12800 DDR3 SODIMM (1x 8GB, 1600MHz) CT102464BF160B
So today i was in the mood again and tested lmyllari latest pre-patched Build, works flawlessly in software mode for me from what I've seen and been tiring, if i enable VA-API i get some blocks in the picture from time 2 time, but colors are spot on...didnt try the auto. refresh FPS yet..will do later..just want to do a lil more testing to verify it really works as it should NOW Smile

Shut Off also Works, wasn't able to try refreshing the library cuz i have nothing new in there, will have to wait until i get new movies Smile
Broke down and built an OpenElec stick tonight since it seems the most progress is being made there. It really does making the setup on a NUC quite simple with video looking good so far and audio working out of the box. I've not yet pushed anything through it to stress it as I'm still getting it fixed up like I want it and testing things.

Getting the remote working was simple enough with the autostart posted in this thread (thank you!) but one thing I've not yet seemed to get working correctly was having OE access my SQL server for viewing information and Music data. I moved over the same advancedsettings.xml file I have in use on another XBMC box with only tweaks for GPU\CPU temp removed. Is there any reason why this shouldn't work? I was able to move over my sources.xml with no issues and both files share the same permissions (644).

Code:
<advancedsettings>

<videodatabase>
        <type>mysql</type>
        <host>10.168.1.124</host>
        <port>3306</port>
        <user>xbmc</user>
        <pass>xbmc</pass>

</videodatabase>

<musicdatabase>
        <type>mysql</type>
        <host>10.168.1.124</host>
        <port>3306</port>
        <user>xbmc</user>
        <pass>xbmc</pass>

</musicdatabase>

</advancedsettings>

Thoughts?

P.S. Having CPU\GPU temp reading is very nice. I too use an MCE remote and have found them all over eBay forever - I have a collection of them!

UPDATE: - OE is using the advanced settings file - it's just apparently using an older copy of the database than my other installation!
(2013-11-29, 01:12)Ravetrancer Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-11-28, 15:07)mstef Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-11-28, 14:49)zoroeyes Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks mstef

I too have one of the old xbox controls, like the one pictured, but black with a separate xbox button below the clear/enter buttons. Yes, I've tried it with the NUC, it does nothing, regardless of whether I've already powered the NUC on or not, so I guess that one is useless.

Might have a look out for one like yours though, thanks for the picture.

Cheers

You can also try this one, it is MS compatible, should works too:
i use this one, its perfect Smile
I have two of them but unfortunally all of them stop working top buttons. The same case, I suppose the buttons contacts are vanished Sad
(2013-11-28, 21:54)Peppin Wrote: [ -> ]Hi guys!

Since a few hours, Im also the proud owner of a Haswell NUC.

I arrived at setting up my remote control. I patched the autostart script.

I have two questions:
- I see no dedicated "Remote control" checkbox at XBMC input settings. Is this correct?
- I hear different talking about whether it is possible to use an Apple remote. If it is possible: what do you need to edit? I know it uses the NEC protocol...

Oh, and does somebody here use a Marantz learning remote and succesfully uses it on the NUC?\

Cheers!!
Anybody willing to help me out?
Guys, let's not turn this into a general XBMC/OpenELEC support thread? At least use the search button..