Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Intel NUC - Haswell (4th Generation CPU)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2013-12-19, 11:45)arokh Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-12-19, 00:18)millercentral Wrote: [ -> ]One other note: I noticed the "HD Audio issue with Match Refresh Rate" occurs also on Windows with XBMC 12.3 -- and with Plex too for that matter, so that makes me wonder if it is really just a ALSA linux issue, or if it is something bigger.

Interesting. What brand is your AVR? I guess it could be a handshake issue while switching modes. I'm pretty sure someone on this board reported no issues even with refresh rate matching.

I'm currently connected to a Denon AVR891, but Santa may bring something new this christmas. Smile When "Match Refresh Rate" is selected and you play a video with HD Audio, when you stop the video and return to the XBMC UI, the receiver still says "DTS-HD Master Audio" (or whatever the format was bitstreaming), but now no sound at all. You can recover by toggling audio settings in the Settings pages, but starting another video does not cause it to recover. The same does not appear to happen with videos with non-HD audio streams, and does not happen when "Match Refresh Rate" is unchecked.

Overall, not a huge burden for me, leaving the refresh rate at 59.95 works well enough for me, but I hope it can be fixed (along with the power management stuff which also doesn't bother me on such a low power device) so we can declare the NUC "perfect" for xbmc.
Hi all!
Recently i've become an owner of Intel Nuc D34010WYK. I also have Logitech Harmony 700 in my equipment. I configured the remote by choosing something like "Microsoft XBMC Mediaplayer" as my playback device. Harmony powers Nuc on from completely off state, but when i try to use "Power off" or "Power Toogle" to shut down the system, it works like i've pressed "Sleep" button. My goal is to completely shut Nuc down with the remote. I use Windows 7 64bit & XBMC 12.2. Are there any owners of both devices here? Is there any way I can fully shut down computer using my Harmony remote?
Thanks in advance.
(2013-12-19, 20:38)jero Wrote: [ -> ]... Is there any way I can fully shut down computer using my Harmony remote?
Thanks in advance.

Try and edit the registry with regedit and change the following line:

Code:
0c,00,00,00,04,00,16,\ ; [Power]         - Sends "S"

Change it to
Code:
0c,00,00,00,03,81,00,\ ; [Power]         - Sends "Shutdown" command
(2013-12-19, 20:38)jero Wrote: [ -> ]Hi all!
Recently i've become an owner of Intel Nuc D34010WYK. I also have Logitech Harmony 700 in my equipment. I configured the remote by choosing something like "Microsoft XBMC Mediaplayer" as my playback device. Harmony powers Nuc on from completely off state, but when i try to use "Power off" or "Power Toogle" to shut down the system, it works like i've pressed "Sleep" button. My goal is to completely shut Nuc down with the remote. I use Windows 7 64bit & XBMC 12.2. Are there any owners of both devices here? Is there any way I can fully shut down computer using my Harmony remote?
Thanks in advance.

sounds like you have the xbmc shutdown function set to sleep/suspend. go to settings > power saving > shutdown function and make sure it is set to shutdown.
[edit] - ignore, i may have other issues causing this Smile
Quote:Hi all!
Thanks in advance.

@jero i have the same problem like you

@furii even if you set SHUTDOWN not working

@Torroa could you be so kind and give path for this registry entry. Thanks in advance
(2013-12-17, 06:46)BLKMGK Wrote: [ -> ]I'm having issues playing several of the movies I've ripped and compressed. TV shows are no issue but movies stop after only a few seconds. It acts like the stream isn't being fed to the player but I know the backend is solid. On my older ION machines it plays but the sound has a hell of a problem feeding to the receiver and the video slows to a crawl. Weird part is mediainfo tells me the video is AC3 and even my ION hardware should have no problem with it - it's updated nightly so code may be an issue there.

I updated the NUC I've got online running OpenElec to r16559 with no change. The video begins to play, I hear some sound, then the directory where I played the video from returns to the front but I have no remote control capability and have to reboot. The last part of the log indicates that the audio is timing out near as I can tell - it also looks like it's calling for 2 channel audio when I know this is 5.1 - weird.

Is anyone else seeing this? I figured the ION was somehow being overwhelmed and that the NUC would have no problems but sadly the NUC plays the video even worse. I've now tried a few videos with similar results so am really confused! VLC plays everything flawlessly...

Code:
04:18:09 T:140412645197632  NOTICE: DVDPlayer: Opening: smb://MINION/HD-DVD/007 - Quantum of Solace/007 - Quantum of Solace.mkv
04:18:09 T:140412645197632 WARNING: CDVDMessageQueue(player)::Put MSGQ_NOT_INITIALIZED
04:18:09 T:140411020482304  NOTICE: Thread DVDPlayer start, auto delete: false

<snip>

04:18:42 T:140411020482304  NOTICE: DVDPlayer: closing audio stream
04:18:42 T:140411020482304  NOTICE: Closing audio stream
04:18:42 T:140411020482304  NOTICE: Waiting for audio thread to exit
04:18:42 T:140410752841472  NOTICE: thread end: CDVDPlayerAudio::OnExit()
04:18:42 T:140411020482304  NOTICE: Closing audio device
04:18:42 T:140411020482304  NOTICE: Deleting audio codec
04:18:42 T:140411020482304  NOTICE: DVDPlayer: closing video stream
04:18:42 T:140411020482304  NOTICE: Closing video stream
04:18:42 T:140411020482304  NOTICE: waiting for video thread to exit

Well, got my i5 NUC running on Mint 16 with a daily ALSA, the remote tweaks posted here, and XBMC compiled from GIT. Played all of the movies I had issues with completely smooth. I'd like to get my OpenElec box running as smoothly and am surprised others aren't seeing issues. I'm on a nightly from just a few days ago. Really puzzled, is no one else experiencing this?
So I've had a few hours with this machine now and I love it.

- The remote issues were fixed with the startup script
- I had a problem where the machine just turned off and wouldn't start again. Reseating the ram in the 2nd slot fixed the problem.
- It works great with my DVB-S2 USB stick
- HDMI colours are fine on the latest OpenELEC stable build
- I managed to migrate all my openelec settings from my old htpc by simply using the backup/restore feature in the program add-on
- I don't need my MCE ir Receiver now
- Power usage is fantastic. Its about 20% of my old i7 usage
- Needed to re-adjust the screen zoom levels slightly in xbmc system settings
- I fixed the shutdown/startup with ir problem by removing the <power></power> from the keymap file (I use a harmony smart control remote)
- It turns on perfectly with the MCE remote or Harmony now

I have the VESA mount and I'd like to put it on the back of the tv but does anyone know how to extend the IR reciever with a wire or something?

Next job is to try and work out how to get dual HDMI to my tv and projector!! any ideas?
Just wondering, I've never used the openelec nightlies before and assuming they now contain everything that has been patched/fixed in this thread so far I'd be interested in giving them a go. Could someone provide a link to where to get them from and do they install like a normal build I.e. They can create a USB stick?

Alternatively, any ideas when the next stable build (with all fixes) is likely to land? In which case, I guess openelec could update itself if auto updates are on? Correct me if I'm wrong

Main reason I want to update is to see whether the later builds have any updated intel drivers for my new intel Ac7260 wireless card (the new gigabit wireless standard) as the current build I'm running (imyllari's patched build - which is great by the way) has the card running like a dog in 5GHz mode, it's showing a better speed on the 2.4GHz band. I know I should go wired, but I have one room that's not on my wired LAN and I wanted to give it a go wirelessly.

Alternatively if there's a manual way to install the intel Linux drivers then I'd love a few pointers (yeh I'm not great on Linux as you've probably guessed).

Cheers
1st Post - http://sources.openelec.tv/tmp/image/
The IR Fix is not fixed there as far as i know
The Stable 3.2.4 also have all fixes, exclude the IR Fix.
I wouldn't recommend to use Autoupdate, a manuel Update should be fine.
Helly Guys.

I was wondering if NUC D54250 is a good replacement for EB1501P?
EB1501P is doing XBMC superbly, but Sopcast/Twitch/YouTube/etc in HD is garbage. Cant do anything higher than 480p.

I want a HTPC that can do what the EB1501P can't.
Thanks -DDD-

That's great, I know how to tackle the IR issue with the autostart.sh so no problem there.

When you say 'manual update' do you mean just a new install from the USB stick or is there a way I can just dump files over sash or network to perform an update?

Never done this before you see.

Cheers
Update via Network - http://wiki.openelec.tv/index.php?title=...g_OpenELEC
You can use Automatic Update, but i would use it only one time: when i am ready to update
(made an Backup before) and have time to fix when something goes wrong.
I wouldn't set the Automatic Update default to on, cause then you cant decide
when OE update your system and may be down.
Thanks -DDD-

I'll give that a go, might try to find out whether the latest ac7260 driver is part of that build before I do though, otherwise it doesn't seem worth it.

Thanks again
Does anyone know what kernel the latest builds of openelec are based on, I see the intel iwlwifi driver that supposedly supports the intel ac7260 card (in my nuc) was included in kernels 3.10 onwards, being a Linux noob I have no idea if that's recent or old.

Cheers