Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Intel NUC - Haswell (4th Generation CPU)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2013-12-29, 18:49)speedway Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

I switched from Windows7 (Frodo 2.3) to OpenELEC (nightly build) and have now one problem at this moment, i.e. after installing
<snip>
EDIT:
Well it seemed my 'advancedsettings.xml' (referring to my sql-library) was blocking the assigment of content to my movie folder.
Since I'm not able to connect to my SQL-DB any more (reason ??) I'll store my movie information on my local drive :-(.

Have you set the setting in the Openelec settings to not start XBMC until the network is available? I ran into the same issue myself and had to use that setting, 10 seconds worked fine and it doesn't usually even have to wait that long. The setting is at the very bottom, you have to scroll.
(2013-12-29, 20:20)BLKMGK Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-12-29, 18:49)speedway Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

I switched from Windows7 (Frodo 2.3) to OpenELEC (nightly build) and have now one problem at this moment, i.e. after installing
<snip>
EDIT:
Well it seemed my 'advancedsettings.xml' (referring to my sql-library) was blocking the assigment of content to my movie folder.
Since I'm not able to connect to my SQL-DB any more (reason ??) I'll store my movie information on my local drive :-(.

Have you set the setting in the Openelec settings to not start XBMC until the network is available? I ran into the same issue myself and had to use that setting, 10 seconds worked fine and it doesn't usually even have to wait that long. The setting is at the very bottom, you have to scroll.

Indeed, I also found a solution within the OpenELEC forum by using the autostart.sh:
In short:
Create a file called "autostart.sh" in the "ConfigFiles" share, with the following content:
#!/bin/sh
ifconfig eth0 up
ifconfig eth0 192.168.1.97
route add default gw 192.168.1.1
(modify IP addresses to match your setup - 192.168.1.97 = new fixed IP for XBMC box, 192.168.1.1 = your router/modem/gateway)
Reboot box.
Source: http://openelec.tv/forum/112-mysql-setup...mitstart=0

(2013-12-29, 20:20)BLKMGK Wrote: [ -> ]Have you set the setting in the Openelec settings to not start XBMC until the network is available? I ran into the same issue myself and had to use that setting, 10 seconds worked fine and it doesn't usually even have to wait that long. The setting is at the very bottom, you have to scroll.

Thx for the information/reply - it is indeed better to do it that way instead of adding the above mentioned line to autostart!

Now, I only have an issue with:
- my bluetooth device (Intel 7260HMW) which isn't found.

I'm using the latest nightly build from OpenELEC.
(2013-12-29, 20:04)Clack Wrote: [ -> ]Thinking of trying some OTA HD content since the picture quality of my new Dish Hopper is so awful. Is there a preferred usb/coax HDTV tuner that's understood to work on this NUC without issue? Preferred TV software?

To keep my NUC uncluttered, I stuck a HD Homerun Dual on my router. It works great, though a few channels aren't always in range and stick on a black screen. Using NextPVR, which is kinda klunky but gets the job done. I'm an XBMC noob, so I can just say it works. I can also watch TV from my laptops, which is an extra bonus.
(2013-12-29, 05:21)arokh Wrote: [ -> ]I did some digging, and it seems FernetMenta has done some changes lately to ActiveAE that fixes this problem. OpenELEC has included these patches in their xbmc package, that is why their nightlies now solves the issue.

Patches in question:

https://github.com/FernetMenta/xbmc/comm...e9f5306572
https://github.com/FernetMenta/xbmc/comm...9399dd7c44

When applied to vanilla XBMC source they fix the Haswell HD audio issue. One less problem with the latest NUC!

The only remaining problem (that doesn't have a fix) as far as I can see is the power button issue.

Awesome, thanks for that. I have updated my openelec tree, and can confirm that the XBMC used since (at least) yesterday includes this fix. I have built it but haven't got around to installing it yet.
What is the latest Nightly?
I just see R16559..?
Anybody an idea how to get the Bluetooth part of the Intel 7260HMW at work? Wireless network is working just fine with the latest nightly build, but Bluetooth isn't. Thx in advance.
(2013-12-30, 11:31)-DDD- Wrote: [ -> ]R16713 - http://sources.openelec.tv/tmp/image/test/

There is a R16750 from the nightly link on the main page -- is this newer?

http://sources.openelec.tv/tmp/image/
R16750 is even newer then his post, so yes Smile
So i have openelec working with my intel i3 haswell and it works fine.. a number of addons do not work and have started to break but no big issue
I'm wondering what the main advantages of windows 7 over openelec and what people are using on windows other than xbmc for their htpc needs

cheers
Hmm so knowing and seeing that XBMC sometimes falls back into old behavior (No HD-Sound, heavy stutter)
i think i´m seeing problems after scraping stuff...

Yesterday i watched several movies and had zero issues, today i uploaded some Seaseons of TBBT and
scraped frequently and the problem occurred several times too..i need to look more into it but i think im onto something..

Can anyone running the latest nighty( >=R16713 ) try scraping something new (Movies, TV-Show) and then try to play some movies afterwards?
(2013-12-30, 12:27)speedway Wrote: [ -> ]Anybody an idea how to get the Bluetooth part of the Intel 7260HMW at work? Wireless network is working just fine with the latest nightly build, but Bluetooth isn't. Thx in advance.

I had lots of problems getting the bluetooth to function with the 7260 card.

In the BIOS settings I had to disable PCIe ASPM Support. Also I could not get the card working with other than that the drivers provided by Microsoft under Windows 7. With Windows 8.1 on the other hand everything is working just fine and everything is working as it should. Decent drivers for all the video, sound, LAN and WiF, remote, suspend states, UEFI etc is working very nicely indeed.

(2013-12-30, 19:40)noxy Wrote: [ -> ]I'm wondering what the main advantages of windows 7 over openelec and what people are using on windows other than xbmc for their htpc needs

With Fastboot and UEFI enabled it takes just under 15 seconds from when I press the power on button with my remote to be on the XBMC home screen when cold booting the D34010. I use XBMC as shell instead of Metro, and yes the remote power up the NUC just fine even when it is in off state.

There are however a few hiccups. 1080i Telesync format is not played back that "great", and my TV set does not automatically recognize 3D playback. I had also at first used NFS protocol, but the internal player would not play 10% of my mp4 or mv4 videos. I have no problem playing those videos on my osX or Android devices, with similar Gotham builds and using NFS. The compromise is SMB protocol which works as it should.
(2013-12-29, 02:14)devkid Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-12-28, 11:01)gamble Wrote: [ -> ]The exact type of my case is D3NU1-IR-USB-B + SSD Cooler, here is a chart of the available Cases :
Hm, interesting. Where did you buy that thing? I cannot find it anywhere Sad

Sorry could I reask this in cause you missed it?
Got my i3 running after some networking and IR remote tweaks with the autostart.sh file, then adding a Windows Media Center as my Harmony remote device.

My question: is there any way to remap the button that turns the NUC power on/off for the IR receiver? I have a Ceton Echo media center extender in the room which I use with my cablecard, and it turns on/off when I try to power the NUC (and vice versa). I can probably figure out how to remap the keyboard.xml commands for playback within XBMC, but that does not completely fix the issue with powering multiple devices.
After some testing via OpenElec, I have found an issue with DTS audio (using .WAV/.CUE files). When I try to play one, I get the following error:

22:38:29 T:140035438401280 NOTICE: Thread CFileCache start, auto delete: false
22:38:29 T:140036659156736 ERROR: CSoftAE::WriteSink - sink blocked- reinit flagged
22:48:11 T:140036398118656 ERROR: Previous line repeats 5341 times.

The equalizer shows up and the playback is stuck at 00:00. At this point, XBMC will refuse to play back any audio or video files until I reboot. Is this a known issue or a file format that should be supported in OpenElec? I have experienced this issue with multiple DTS audio streams from different sources. I've been able to play these files back fine using other XBMC devices.