Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC on iPhone iOS 7.x
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,

I'm having trouble to start xbmc on my iPhone iOS 7.x device. After installing it I cannot start the app. After showing the splash screen it immediately crashes...

Reading the howto's, readmes and troubleshooting guides didn't give me a hint if running xbmc on a iOS 7.x device is possible.
I've compiled xbmc with ios sdk 7, signed the code with my developer keys and installed it via testflightapp.com...

Hope someone could give me a support-status for the latest ios devices.

Thanks in advance
Sascha
Try a nightly build and resign it and see if this works. Else i can confirm that xbmc was running fine on an iPhone5s with iOS7 but it wasn't compiled against ios7 sdk but was a nightly which we signed.
Does a "normal" resign of the package is all what I need to do? Within the README for self compilation I've found the following notice

"After that the last buildstep in our support script will do a full sign of all binaries and the bundle with the given identity (all *.viz, *.pvr, *.so files Xcode doesn't know anything about)"

A normal resign will sign these files, too?
What is a normal resign? Of course you need to do what the last buildstep does - sign all binaries which get loaded (look into tools/darwin/support/codesign.command to see which files need to be signed in the XBMC.app bundle).
this might btw be your problem - the normal xcode signing is not enough for xbmc - it needs to be the signing we do in the after build step from xcode - just set your signingidentity in our xcode project and it should work automagically (and just deploy the resulting app by dragging it onto the iDevice in the organizer).
Have I missed something here? Is it possible to install XBMC on a non-jailbroken iDevice?
It's possible, but you need to have an apple developer account or know someone who can sign the app for you (with your device uuid).
Got it working!

After a successfull compile against SDK7.0 I had to manually resign the ipa and libs... Seems that the includes Sign-Script does not work correctly for non-jailbreak use.

Works perfect! XBMC on iOS is the one and only app which can stream HDTV without any performance lacks...
As a BIG THANK YOU for your great work on XBMC for iOS I'll give away 5 beta test invites via testflightapp.com... I hope that this will be a "little" contribution to the development of xbmc.

You can apply for a beta test at: http://tflig.ht/1g3r60c

I think that there will be many applies, so please give a good reason why you'd like to test xbmc on a non jailbroken device and the test on a jailbroken one is not enough for you...
I thought hardware decoding (acceleration?) was disabled in non-jailbroken devices? Or was this something different? Does it really perform 'perfectly'? Surly there must be some disadvantages to running it on a non-jailbroken device?

For example, do you still have root access?
realriot - did you read the README.ios? If you set your signing identity in the xcode project a special signing is performed which should work automagically. Thats what all my changes related to this are all about. If this doesn't work then please try to figure out what is missing.

Also i really don't like that you start to give away testflightapp slots. All this stuff was ment to allow non-jailbroken developers to do work on xbmc. It was not ment to spread the builds to users (tbh this scenario was a reason why one of our main developers left the team - he was totally against allowing XBMC to run on non-jailbroken devices).

While i can't prevent you from doing this - i would like you to respect the open source character of XBMC. Running it on sealed platforms migh be kind of against this philosophy.
Ok, didn't know the history... Just have stopped the testflight. Sorry, if it was against any rules.
There was a hugh demand on this: round about 50 applies...
It's not against any rules. Some people think it goes against open source philosophy, but not everyone agrees on that.

Once someone compiles the .app that is signed, etc, it's actually possible to install it on other non-jailbroken devices without using developer tools. There's a guide floating around the internet somewhere. I've never used it myself because all my iOS devices are already jailbroken.
(2013-11-24, 00:26)realriot Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, didn't know the history... Just have stopped the testflight. Sorry, if it was against any rules.
There was a hugh demand on this: round about 50 applies...

It is also very against the Apple developer rules, you can have your account revoked for abusing that particular feature.
(2013-11-23, 00:45)realriot Wrote: [ -> ]As a BIG THANK YOU for your great work on XBMC for iOS I'll give away 5 beta test invites via testflightapp.com... I hope that this will be a "little" contribution to the development of xbmc.

You can apply for a beta test at: http://tflig.ht/1g3r60c

I think that there will be many applies, so please give a good reason why you'd like to test xbmc on a non jailbroken device and the test on a jailbroken one is not enough for you...

Hi there I have also been trying to do this as I also have a dev account but am having trouble compiling xbmc, would you mind sending me the .ipa file so I can resign it to my account and install.

It would be greatly appreciated
Pages: 1 2