Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Auto Load Program/Video addon on Home Screen
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Guys

I would like to know if it possible to auto load a specific program / video addon everytime the XBMC returns to home screen

Currently I've got autoexec.py script which calls the program addon when XBMC starts, but if I return to the XBMC home screen is it possible to force reload into that addon? I'm trying to develop a simple system where if a user accidently hits Home on a remote it will reload them back into the program addon I have running (uses live tv EPG).

I got the program addon as as shortcut under PROGRAMS, but still some people can't read..

Thanks
Anyone?
Why don't you just map a keyboard key or remote control button to display that page on-demand so that, if someone gets "lost" in the GUI, it's just a single key press to get back to where you want them to be?
Cheers artrafael, any guide on how to do this?

Will it work on android xbmc with remote for android smart tv player?
If you currently have a remote control that works with XBMC on that device, chances are you will be able to map one of the unused buttons to launch an add-on or display a particular window.

Keymapping is explained here: Keymap (wiki)
XBMC built-in functions (such as RunAddon) are listed here: List of built-in functions (wiki)
XBMC windows are listed here: Window IDs (wiki)

If you tell me the name of the add-on or window you wish to launch, I can give you a more concrete example of how to code it.