Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Help us solving the AirPlay issue when using iOS7 devices
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43
Awesome work Memphiz!
I hope to get a chance to help test tomorrow night again (24 hours from now). Can't wait! Wink
@edwr - we don't have a good possibility to influence zeroconf/bonjour inner wrokings in xbmc - we use well tested major 3rd party libraries / OS API - so i tend to set it as a fact that the low level bonjour implementations are working like intended.

For the non-AppleTV name - there are official 3rd party airplay solutions (licensed) - like some denon amps and stuff iirc. So basically its not so much of a dead end if apple wants to hold its paying customers in that area.

What definitly will not happen because of knowledge - reverse enginnerring fairplay - i am not that kind of a hacker - i have a real life to take care of on a daily base you know? Wink

But we can test how it behaves with only the airplay announcement - delaying the airtunes announce after wards and even splitting both up would be working. (the latter results in 2 targets for each xbmc instance and i would really like to prevent this Sad ).
Tested testbuild 7 and it does exactly what it promises, correct photos every time!
One problem is that Youtube playback doesn't stop on XBMC when video or app is closed, pausing works tough. (This applies to all testbuilds)

Big Grin

Everything works!
With this .XML file there is no Mirroring icon visible and Music Pictures And all Videos (Youtube and Camera Roll) works.

http://pastebin.com/wPGpq9ev -Click!

1. iPad 3 and iPhone 5S
2. 7.0.4
3/4. Monitor without mirroring
5. Yes
6. Yes
7. Yes

The differences to test build 5 are Model != AppleTV3,2, and Feature bits = 0xB13.
(To me that numbering error on that documentation looks like a typo.)
(2014-01-11, 11:51)Axuttaja Wrote: [ -> ]Tested testbuild 7 and it does exactly what it promises, correct photos every time!
One problem is that Youtube playback doesn't stop on XBMC when video or app is closed, pausing works tough. (This applies to all testbuilds)

Big Grin

Everything works!
With this .XML file there is no Mirroring icon visible and Music Pictures And all Videos (Youtube and Camera Roll) works.

1. iPad 3 and iPhone 5S
2. 7.0.4
5. Yes
6. Yes
7. Yes

The differences to test build 5 are Model != AppleTV3,2, and Feature bits = 0xB13.

I used 0X3133 for my test this AM and everything alsi seemed to work except possibly slideshow ... but ran out of time...

Does slide show work for you with your bitset @Axuttaja?

We've gotten quite far! All thanks to Memphiz and his idea to decouple tests from builds!
Testbuild 7 + http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=ghaH7X8v tested on Windows 8.

Here are the results with my 4 iOS devices

1. Which iDevice from Apple are you using (iPad2, iPad3, iPhone4s and so on)
iPad2
2. Which exact iOS version are you running on that device (e.x. 7.0.4)
3. Does XBMC show up as an audio only target in the airplay selection (speaker symbol)
yes
4. Or does XBMC show up as full target in the airplay selection (monitor symbol)
no
5. If the latter - does airplaying videos work? (please use the youtube.app for testing - don't post issues with other video apps for now)
no
6. Does airplaying pictures work? (use the photo app or the camera roll please for this test)
no
7. Does airplaying music work? (don't post if the music stutters or what - as long as the music comes out of XBMC - it is considered "working")
yes

iPhone 5
3. Does XBMC show up as an audio only target in the airplay selection (speaker symbol)
no
4. Or does XBMC show up as full target in the airplay selection (monitor symbol)
yes
5. If the latter - does airplaying videos work? (please use the youtube.app for testing - don't post issues with other video apps for now)
yes
6. Does airplaying pictures work? (use the photo app or the camera roll please for this test)
yes
7. Does airplaying music work? (don't post if the music stutters or what - as long as the music comes out of XBMC - it is considered "working")
yes

iPhone 4S
no
yes
yes
yes
yes

iPhone 4
yes
no
no
no
yes

Interesting: The iPhone 4 shows up my RaspBMC with Gotham Nightly from 20131223 with monitor icon. No other iOS device is shown up this xbmc instance Wink
(2014-01-11, 15:09)edrikk Wrote: [ -> ]I used 0X3133 for my test this AM and everything alsi seemed to work except possibly slideshow ... but ran out of time...

Does slide show work for you with your bitset @Axuttaja?

We've gotten quite far! All thanks to Memphiz and his idea to decouple tests from builds!

I'll test that one out soon, in my bits there is no Slideshow enabled, because i was not aware that XBMC supported it.

EDIT:0xB33 should be my hex with slideshow enabled, XBMC doesn't want to work with it, no support for slideshows is present in the code.
@edrikk I get the same good behavior on your hex too but mine may be cleaner? maybe? idk they both work...
@Memphiz: Note to self; add support for Slideshows, some day.
Well slideshow support is boring. It needs to implement the reverse protocol - i think this is low prio ...
(2014-01-11, 11:51)Axuttaja Wrote: [ -> ]One problem is that Youtube playback doesn't stop on XBMC when video or app is closed, pausing works tough. (This applies to all testbuilds)

Check the log if we get a "/stop" request from the client. If not - then there is no way for XBMC to know that we should stop ... Of course i could just stop when the client disconnects maybe *idea*
(2014-01-11, 17:34)Memphiz Wrote: [ -> ]Well slideshow support is boring. It needs to implement the reverse protocol - i think this is low prio ...

I didn't even know XBMC didn't (or did) support Slidshow... That tells you how often I've used that feature (on any device)... zero! Wink
So yeah... Low priority for sure!

0X3133
and
0x3113

both work well then...

If I had to guess edwr, I would say it's not a good idea to go with "AppleTV*" because it seems to me like they've coded it to assume things regardless of the feature bits if they see AppleTV... Something along the lines of:

if AppleTV*
if version 600
........ internal magic ...
else if version 601
........ internal magic ...
else // not AppleTV
follow "the spec"
Youtube.app never sends /stop requests.

Once (only) when closing video from youtube got this on log:
Code:
ERROR: AIRPLAY Server: unhandled request [/action]

When:
Code:
INFO: AIRPLAY Server: Disconnection detected
XBMC pauses but picture isn't gone it just stays, preventing easy access to UI
Disconnecting happens only when youtube.app gets killed

Now I'm having problems with the presence of the monitor icon... Got to keep testing bits..
EDIT: I still get the best results using 0xB13 @edrikk does this work for you?
How do you airplay youtube? I am using the youtube.app ... I am even unsure what you mean with "closing the video from youtube" <- how exactly do you do this?
You got a iOS device? Cool!
To close a video permanently on the app
1. Open any video
2. Hold device Vertically
3. Put finger on video
4. Slide down
5. Relase finger
6. Slide the small video to left or right, furiously
Done.
I got a dozens of ios devices ... just not ios7 Wink
(2014-01-11, 11:51)Axuttaja Wrote: [ -> ]Tested testbuild 7 and it does exactly what it promises, correct photos every time!

Big Grin

Everything works!

1. iPad 3 and iPhone 5S
2. 7.0.4
5. Yes
6. Yes
7. Yes

I'm still getting inconsistent behavior with this one (sometimes audio, sometimes full-target). Does it persist as a full-target for you if you toggle wifi in the control center? My guess was that happens whenever you change the model name to something other than AppleTV*. But then Raducanu got inconsistent results with the original xml that should've always showed up as a full-target...

@Memphiz - I looked up the Denon amps, and it seems they only do audio airplay. I myself have a cheap pioneer airplay speaker, which only shows up as a speaker icon obviously. I think the only hardware that does airplay video outside of the the appletv is the boxee box, which also wasn't properly working with ios7 last I checked (and likely unlicensed anyway). And it's a shame the low level announcements can't be tinkered with
There are JB out for ios7, so no reason to hold back an update now, is there?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43