Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Help us solving the AirPlay issue when using iOS7 devices
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43
(2014-03-15, 08:29)haegg78 Wrote: [ -> ]Can confirm that test 10 that worked prior to updating My iPhone 5 to ios 7.1. After the upgrade XBMC is back to only being displayed as a audio device.
Have restarted all devices after the upgrade.

Can someone else confirm that the fix doesn't work on ios7.1? (i can't update my ios7 dev device until there is a jailbreak for 7.1...).
I cannot comment on XBMC's implementation but I can confirm that the principle of periodically updating the txtrecord is still working as expected for me on 7.1 with the iPhone 4s.
(2014-03-15, 10:20)Memphiz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-03-15, 08:29)haegg78 Wrote: [ -> ]Can confirm that test 10 that worked prior to updating My iPhone 5 to ios 7.1. After the upgrade XBMC is back to only being displayed as a audio device.

Can someone else confirm that the fix doesn't work on ios7.1? (i can't update my ios7 dev device until there is a jailbreak for 7.1...).

iOS7.1 + iPhone5 + Build10 works for me -> Monitor icon avaiable and youtube videos and pictures works for me!
iOS7.1 + iPhone5 and iPad3 + Test10 (osx 64bit) works for me . Monitor icon available, and video, pictures and music is working.

It initially shows up as an audio device but it turns to video for me after connecting (iPhone 5S iOS 7.1 w/ Windows test build 10).

However, MilhouseVH OpenELEC Raspberry Pi test builds with this fix are audio only for me...

Edit: Latest MilhouseVH build fixed this for me, thanks!
@Memphiz: Is this patch still required, or is it only necessary to apply PR4414 on top of master?
I can confirm that Test 10 works perfect on

Win 7 pro 64bit
iPad 4
ios: 7.1

I've tested audio-video-image all good. also I restarted the computer and iPad and airplay works fine.

keep up the good work

cheers
Works fine here on Windows 7 x64, iPhone 5s ios 7.1. Thanks for the fix!

Edit: Can also add that it works on iPhone 4 with ios 7.1 Smile
(2014-03-15, 20:27)MilhouseVH Wrote: [ -> ]@Memphiz: Is this patch still required, or is it only necessary to apply PR4414 on top of master?

The answer will be no, that hack was purely placebo.

I wrote to soon. Managed to download test 10 again and apply to my macbook and now it works. Don't know why my first download didn't install okay. Looks like I still we're running another alpha.
thx for the feedback guys ...

PR4414 it is - nothing else.
After a bit more testing this fix does seem to be effective - at least in allowing a video connection to always be established. After the iOS device has sat idle for a while it does revert to the audio icon again as it used to however if I go ahead and select the audio icon it seems to establish a video connection on the first attempt and then if I immediately go back into the airplay settings it is now recognised as video. So it could just be that the UI is not updated on the fly to reflect the change in source type detected.

Yesterday I was having some weird problems with streaming the youtube app where the video would start and play for about 10 seconds then XBMC would drop back to the home screen as if the airplay had aborted, but then about 2 seconds later it would automatically reconnect. (it was doing it every time the same) I don't think that's anything to do with this fix or specifically related to the issue at hand though (detection as audio instead of video) but rather just general flakiness of airplay video. It seems to be working fine today.

I've primarily been testing with an iPad 3 running iOS 7.1, and on a Mac Mini running OS X 10.6.8.

If you're happy with the feedback so far for the fix then I'm going to have to switch back to Frodo or try a different Gotham build as I'm having a couple of unrelated problems with this build - one is every time I start playing video I get an alert "Video rendering failed to init video filters/scalers falling back to bilinear scaling" - I'm assuming this is a known limitation of this test build if not let me know where I can continue discussion of it.

The other more serious problem is the new buffering system for streaming video is all screwed up - it won't buffer ahead when the video is paused like Frodo did which means that (a) I can't pause a video with marginal download speed for a minute to allow it to fill the buffer and have a better chance to play (as soon as I pause it, it stops downloading and buffering ahead) and (b) if the buffer runs out due to slow throughput the video will automatically pause but then once paused it stops downloading/buffering so it sits indefinitely in pause not willing to download any more or automatically recover. If I manually un-pause it and it downloads quick enough to keep ahead it will play again but if I un-pause it and it stumbles slightly and runs the buffer empty it will pause indefinitely again. (Some streaming sites take a number of seconds to reach full throughput again)

I haven't run any other Gotham builds on Mac OS yet so I'm not sure if this is a known issue with your test build or a more general Gotham problem. (I'll try the latest Gotham beta shortly)

Thanks for the work on getting airplay working a bit more reliably, and fingers crossed your fix will make it into the first stable release of Gotham Smile
(2014-03-16, 22:50)Memphiz Wrote: [ -> ]@DBMandrake

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=188236
Thanks. Is it ok to post my debug log in that thread with this Test Build 10 or should I switch to a different beta build first ?
Well it won't help anything we are missing the hardware for reproducing the issue. If you wanna post a log - then you need to use something more official (e.x. beta2).
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43