Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Help us solving the AirPlay issue when using iOS7 devices
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43
This should explain the situation a little..

https://github.com/quasar1/boxeebox-xbmc...f004e5105f

Had me going around in circles too.
I can confirm that Airplay is working again for me after compiling todays code:
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commit/3bab...7f1d7178a9
Seemed to have fixed it. Great work!
Tested on IOS 7.1.1 -> Windows 7 RC1
Compiled latest from git on OSX and Pi, working fine on both

Tested with video and audio apps (Youtube, random internet video stream, iTunes and spotify), from iOS 7.1 on iPhone and iPad to Pi and OSX, and also audio from OSX to Pi.

But I did notice that the XBMC volume was turned down to almost 0 on OSX though (youtube), just turned it up.
I can also confirm its working on the latest Gotham commit compiled on Mac OS - don't know why I was having problems on Windows, must be the difference in wireless networks. Unfortunately I can't compile the windows version at home so I'll wait for RC2 to try windows.
@FernetMenta
Is it correct that your latest commit (tagged Helix) never went into Gotham?
If so, shouldn't it have been committed or is this considered a "new feature"?
Ok....is there now an Airplay function for XBMC avaible in order to mirror e.g. Iphone/Ipad?
Would it be comparable with Apple TV?
(2014-05-04, 13:25)miappa Wrote: [ -> ]@FernetMenta
Is it correct that your latest commit (tagged Helix) never went into Gotham?
If so, shouldn't it have been committed or is this considered a "new feature"?

what commit do you refer to? This one made it into Gotham https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commit/fc2b...d63de71f58
(2014-05-03, 10:55)DBMandrake Wrote: [ -> ]I can also confirm its working on the latest Gotham commit compiled on Mac OS - don't know why I was having problems on Windows, must be the difference in wireless networks. Unfortunately I can't compile the windows version at home so I'll wait for RC2 to try windows.
Unfortunately I have just been able to reproduce the same issue I saw on Windows on Gotham final release which I've just installed on my Mac Sad (on completely different, home wifi network)

The test scenario is an iPad 3 running iOS 7.1.1 with Spotify running - I use the airplay controls to connect to the Mac - airplay starts working successfully. (audio playback, cover art etc)

I then disconnect the airplay session by choosing iPad as the output source while the music is still playing. When I then attempt to re-connect from the same device using the airplay destination controls as far as the iPad is concerned it is connected and audio is playing, however on XBMC there is no audio and no cover art/visualiser.

If I switch tracks on the iPad the screen on XBMC momentarily blanks then fades back - so it is trying to do something, but there is no sound and it just fades back to the home screen. (I observed the same on my Windows build on Friday - the one I posted the debug log from)

Once in this state I have to exit XBMC and relaunch it before the SAME iPad can connect again, however if I attempt to connect from my phone (iPhone 3GS, iOS 6.1.6) it CAN connect and play audio without reloading XBMC when the iPad is failing until XBMC is reloaded.

So it seems that the iPad is somehow being left in a "confused" state that it can't get out of by itself. (A reboot of the iPad might help, I haven't tried that yet, or maybe toggling wifi off/on)

I'll do some more testing over the next day or so to see if I can narrow down when it does and doesn't happen and capture another debug log but I thought I would mention it in the mean time in case anyone else can reproduce it.
Oh, sorry!
I didn´t see it in the Gotham branch, must be blind because it´s clearly there. Wink
Thanks!
With gotham final and ios 7.1.1, iphone 4s, airplay of video doesnt seem to work. The first frame of the video is shown on xbmc, but when i press play on the ios device, then the ios shows a popup error which translates to english as follows: operation could not be completed.
This is the case for both the ios youtube app, and also for videos from the built in gallery.

Airplay of pictures and music works, which as far as im concerned is a big win Smile
No more shairport4w in an external backgound process Smile

Thanks for all the work put in.

Edit: btw im using margro's build of gotham final for fast pvr channel switching.
Did you wait until the Airplay video icon was shown in the iOS config panel?

I'm able to airplay videos from my Camera Roll with iOS 7.1.1 and Gotham final.
test update airplay:

xbmc 13 stable
win 7 pro
ipad 4 Os 7.1.1
youtube app 2.6.0.11251

video - doesn't work no action at all, ipad youtube freezes
music - works
images - works
(2014-05-05, 18:40)testooo Wrote: [ -> ]test update airplay:

xbmc 13 stable
win 7 pro
ipad 4 Os 7.1.1
youtube app 2.6.0.11251

music - works
images - works

Update : re-install youtube app on ipad resolved the problem
As a quick update to my previous post, Airplay is working perfectly for me with the final version of Gotham from an iPad Mini Retina running iOS 7.0.4.

Thanks for the great work.
(2014-05-05, 19:37)testooo Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-05-05, 18:40)testooo Wrote: [ -> ]test update airplay:

xbmc 13 stable
win 7 pro
ipad 4 Os 7.1.1
youtube app 2.6.0.11251

music - works
images - works

Update : re-install youtube app on ipad resolved the problem

Same here, many thanks for the hint
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43