Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
is there anyone here that has Windows 8 sharing folders to mygica running Linux? I would like to run Linux but cannot connect to my windows 8 shares
(2014-01-24, 14:05)Perfectdark Wrote: [ -> ]is there anyone here that has Windows 8 sharing folders to mygica running Linux? I would like to run Linux but cannot connect to my windows 8 shares

It works for me with Windows 8.1
(2014-01-24, 14:52)superfreak79 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-01-24, 14:05)Perfectdark Wrote: [ -> ]is there anyone here that has Windows 8 sharing folders to mygica running Linux? I would like to run Linux but cannot connect to my windows 8 shares

It works for me with Windows 8.1

are you using the Linux xbmc files linked within this thread?
(2014-01-24, 15:19)Perfectdark Wrote: [ -> ]are you using the Linux xbmc files linked within this thread?

Yes, the one from January 4th I think. Setup the Samba network shares via add source in Videos.
(2014-01-24, 17:25)superfreak79 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-01-24, 15:19)Perfectdark Wrote: [ -> ]are you using the Linux xbmc files linked within this thread?

Yes, the one from January 4th I think. Setup the Samba network shares via add source in Videos.

that's what I do and when it prompts for username/password I enter it, but it still keeps prompting me
(2014-01-24, 17:42)Perfectdark Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-01-24, 17:25)superfreak79 Wrote: [ -> ]

that's what I do and when it prompts for username/password I enter it, but it still keeps prompting me

u tried editing sources.xml in userdata Folder .......smb://username:password@ipadressofwinpc/sharedfolder HuhHuh?
or use a passwords.xml in userdata Folder ............. like this

<passwords>
<path>
<from pathversion="1">smb://ipadressorname/sharedfolder</from>
<to pathversion="1">smb://login:password@ipadressorname/sharedfolder/</to>
</path>
</passwords>

and if u want to be sure that everything will be rediricted to your winpc when using name edit "hosts" in etc
Hi everyone

I have ATV520e and Geniatech Linux build from 1st post working great for me.
There is 1 thing that I can't do.
I can't fully access to my USB NTFS pendrive, I can read from drive in XBMC explorer but can't write to drive.
I've fully access to microSD card formatted as Fat32 only NTFS isn't working.

Maybe someone have solution how to enable full access to USB NTFS pendrive?
(2013-12-15, 06:59)AuXBoX Wrote: [ -> ]If you want to revert to Android 4.1, follow the instructions below:

1. Download update_stvmx_20130805_eng.zip and HowToRevertToBox4.1.zip

2. Unzip HowToRevertToBox4.1.zip, but not update_stvmx_20130805_eng.zip

3. Copy all files into SD/TF card root directory

factory_update_param.aml
factory_update_param.ubt
spi_MX.bin
uImage_recovery
update_stvmx_20130805_eng.zip

4. Press and hold the upgrade button, and power the device

5. Keep holding the button for about 10 seconds, and release it

6. There won’t be any display for around 2 minutes, then the upgrading screen will appear

7. The box will automatically reboot to Android upon completion

First off, thanks AuXBoX. I've been enjoying the Linux goodness since early December!

I have a bit of a situation here and I'm trying to get back to recovery. I talked about the situation here.

The RevertToBox4.2 isn't working for my situation. I'm wondering if this is related to something Finless said here. Is it possible that I'm not able to reach recovery because the RevertToBox4.1 includes the "factory_update_param.aml" file that Finless believes is unnecessary?

I'm going to trying the steps quoted above without "factory_update_param.aml". Am I way off here?

Cheers.

Edit: Results

I don't think that worked. Followed the usual procedure, held reset for 10 seconds and released. I had about 1-2 minutes of display off (not black) and three solid red LEDs. The "Net" LED flashed blue and back to red three times at roughly 10 second intervals. After the third cycle, the screen went to solid pink. It's been about 5 minutes and still pink. I rebooted and get a mix of white/pink/red screen colour. Help?
Quote:Hello

My ATV1200 was dead. Only black screen and red status light. I conected a TTL cable on serial port , on the terminal I only could see a message repeated over and over again:

EEEE I3000000032940xf3001003 03;77530EEEE I400000004294_M6_BL1_3003 >2137333EEEE I3000000032940xff00dead 16<22030EEEE I600000006294NO boot up device found 1286?1:2EEEE I500000005294enter serial boot 13549030

I wrote to geniatech and they give me this instructions and my atv is working again. I tried another bootcards before this but no one worked.
This may can help someone else:

Dear Sir

You have to make a boot card.

Please download the instruction and make a boot card as the instruction.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/kr3wta

After doing 1-4 steps of the instruction, please download the files from below link and do as readme.
http://www.sendspace.com/file/qdkl2y

Best Regards.

Post from kgonla from another thread
Or use my bootcard https://www.dropbox.com/s/q56yszydusv968...130805.rar and follow all instructions within rar file dont forget to format in fat 32 and execute dd.exe when copied to sd be patient and wait ...... While flashing For round about 2min. Black screen

U have used wrong spi
Flash bootcard then go into recovery and flash xda release with bootcard u will get android recovery again
Testing RC2 Linux on ATV 1200

Working great , NFS / Samba streaming works , very better than xbmc on android ( geniatech image ) , because android works 2 weeks after then android crashes and i had to restore the full image , maybe a bug in intern storage / tested on 3 deff. boxes - geniatech,cyclone,mygacia - no hardware problem ).
Now the linux image is faster , and more stable and no on/off booting troubles.
( only time display is not working correct )

thanks
(2014-01-27, 12:14)Biatsch Wrote: [ -> ]I wrote to geniatech and they give me this instructions and my atv is working again. I tried another bootcards before this but no one worked.
This may can help someone else:

Biatsch:

Did you actually need a serial cable to pull this off? If so, what connectors are needed at the PC and ATV ends? I've been wondering about that.

Cheers:

tinker
(2014-01-28, 02:57)tinker Wrote: [ -> ]Biatsch:

Did you actually need a serial cable to pull this off? If so, what connectors are needed at the PC and ATV ends? I've been wondering about that.

Cheers:

tinker

I'm also interested - it seems my 520 is phucked now. Just wrote an email to tech support but they're almost at new years, so that'll take a while.
(2014-01-27, 12:14)Biatsch Wrote: [ -> ]Biatsch:

Cheers:

tinker

If you cannot boot your device into recovery mode or the led light stays red instead of going to green then you will need a serial cable.
I use usb TTL serial cable. As long as you use the sdcardmaker and the uboot_MX.bin from geniatech it will work. It took me a long time to find this out.
I posted it cause it might be a better description then mine..... It was posted from kgonla in another thread ..... But bootcard and files are the same Smile i got them from geniatech too, like auxbox wrote .... Most of faults u dont need usb ttl just the bootcard just read carefully the description in zip format sd to fat32 copy all to root on sd execute dd.exe then plug sd into box and bootup with toothpin and powerplugin to flash ..... Then wait for round about 2min and u will get android back
......... In the post below i forgot to quote the text from kgonla now its fixed sorry
(2014-01-28, 06:31)AuXBoX Wrote: [ -> ]If you cannot boot your device into recovery mode or the led light stays red instead of going to green then you will need a serial cable.
I use usb TTL serial cable. As long as you use the sdcardmaker and the uboot_MX.bin from geniatech it will work. It took me a long time to find this out.

Thankfully, I didn't have to go that route! I could not revert to Geniatech Android though. I thought I'd bricked it but the Geniatech Linux/XBMC would successfully install with a bootable SD card.

I found the XDA Linux/Android ran very well, but the only real advantage was the 'suspend mode' tied to the power button.

I think the power button should just suspend the HDMI video so that an HDMI smart switch can revert to a TV satellite or cable box. When you hit the power button again, XBMC would be where you left it.

Both Linux/XBMC versions run much better than the Android versions I've tried. Thanks again for opening the door to these distributions with your clear instructions and help on this thread,

tinker