Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok thanks bobones.

Redi have you tried bobones or is the one you posted the one you like best
This is the one that was posted on another thread here ages ago and Ive just stuck with it. It works well with my harmony and its set to instant power off instead of bringing up the menu.
Here are my two remote conf files for ATV1200 and ATV520 boxes https://www.dropbox.com/sh/6vfuo83r7082d...Rh8q8VHDka

Obviously when you use either of them change the file name simply to "remote.conf" These both bring up the menu as I like the options to either Reboot or Shutdown

BoBone cannot understand why you want to overwrite the menu button normal setting as this is a button used all the time of course from selecting downloads to add-on settings etc. That top middle button with the "i" on it could be mapped instead as this is not otherwise used with our Linux XBMC installs.

BTW also agree that corrupt multiple display MX Linux shutting down text is very minor and not a problem, only aesthetic problem really
(2014-07-01, 17:52)raymw Wrote: [ -> ]BoBone cannot understand why you want to overwrite the menu button normal setting as this is a button used all the time of course from selecting downloads to add-on settings etc. That top middle button with the "i" on it could be mapped instead as this is not otherwise used with our Linux XBMC installs.

I only remap the menu button in full screen video, where it does nothing normally. It still acts as the context menu elsewhere (when video is not playing). The "i" button does indeed to something in xbmc: when video is playing it toggles an information overlay showing time remaining (like "OK" without the play controls), and on a film title it will display the information screen showing cast, rating etc. (quicker than using menu key and selecting information).

If you try the the xbmc keymap editor addon you will see that you can map keys globally or only when particular functions of xbmc are active. This means you can effectively overlay/override the meaning of a key without affecting its main function. The menu button is a nice place on the remote to have play/pause and it doesn't affect its use elsewhere if you only map it for full screen video. Try it!
Thanks for that info Bobones I will indeed experiment further with remote configurations.
Can anyone confirm that RCA audio output works with the XDA gotham build on the ATV1200? For my setup I need HDMI video to my TV and RCA audio to my amp. Because of this I'm hesitant to try. I'm running XDA gotham on an ATV520 in another room and really like it.

Thanks for any response.
new build works well.

I started from scratch, the only bummer is that I can no longer use the amber skin with istream addon. since upgrading from Frodo it's always worked but now listed as incompatible with gotham.

can't add favourites to icefilms now either, getting script errors, not sure what that's about

anyway build seems great, nice and fast. I couldn't' test the 1080p test file because the link is broken. can someone re-up it?
Redi I posted a link to that 1080 video test file in my post #665 and here it is again http://www.ixbt.com/multimedia/video-met...-lines.mp4 I assure you it works now with the new Linux Gotham 13.1 build, so yes true 1080i no longer upscaled 720. .WHOOPS !!!!!!!!!!! just noticed that link no longer seems to work :-( Maybe I can put it in my Public Dropbox for you as long as the originator (Rotator) does not mind unless somebody else here has got a working link to it. I am pretty sure it will be okay so here is my Dropbox link to the 1080 video test file https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1731...-lines.mp4 so just use Save Link As... to download it I hope Rotator does not mind me making this available here but if so just shout and I will remove the file and link straight away, but all credit for this goes to Rotator originally posting it here earlier in this thread.

Yes I like the Amber skin a lot and have used it with Gotham but there are a few awkward bugs that make configuration problems and also no way to get to the subtitle download list screen as using the new Gotham pop up menu method does not work with Amber. I am sure they will fix that skin for Gotham though, just give it time. Also I miss for Confluence that useful 7 Icon tweak which once again is Frodo only at the moment.

I think Icefilms favourites problem is something the Icefilm developers will sort out real soon so we just need to be patient as things slowly all get compatible with Linux Gotham, and hopefully remain backward compatible to Frodo too for those with the old single core boxes that do not have Linux Gotham builds available for them that I know of.

Sonofdibnah, as to RCA audio out on the ATV1200 / Cyclone X2 box well have not tested it with Gotham as now have an HDMI Home Theatre unit but I see no reason why it would not work, as it certainly did for me with Linux Frodo 12,3 and I believe 12.4 as well if I remember correctly. So no guarantee as I have not got the time to set it up to my TV right now to prove it, but I am pretty sure you should be fine. One of the big benefits of the ATV1200 unit having those extra optical, coaxial and phono outputs for folk with older TV and/or HT amps. If your amp has a Fibre Optic (Toslink) input or a digital audio coax input then I would opt for one of those (Toslink preferable) rather than the very much inferior quality and stereo only analogue RCA phono connections.
Thanks for your answer on RCA audio Raymw. I think I'll end up gambling that it will work with a backup plan of buying a DAC because my amp does not have a Toslink input. I'll post the result when I've done it in case anyone else has the same requirements of the ATV1200.
FYI if any of you use istream, you can use it with gotham, you just can't use the istream installer. you have to add the xunity repo and add the istream video addon.

I now have the amber skin running, along with istream to subscribe to shows and have them show up in my tv shows menu on the main screen.

happy Smile

point noted about the subs, haven't tried with amber I don't watch subtitled content much.

yeah not sure about the ice favourites, it worked with previous gotham builds just fine. anyway I'm sure it'll get addressed. maybe i'll post up in xbmchub forums to ask.
RCA audio output from the ATV1200 does work on the Linux Gotham 13.1.

Has anyone else experienced intermittent audio buzz when playing music (flac in my case)? It cures if the box is rebooted.

So far it has happened on the ATV1200 (via RCA, surprise) and on ATV520 (via HDMI through my cinema amp).
i'll test out music over the weekend. I have some flac content as well as mp3.

I finally got around to linking up my local media on my NAS to xbmc. what I noticed was that everything played immediately, but if I used the right or up arrow (to skip ahead) it would just sit there forever. it wouldn't skip ahead and buffer or anything. skipping on streamed content works fine, and I'm on wired Ethernet. anyone else had any skipping issues with local media at all? I don't think it's my network.. I can play a 12gig 1080p mkv fine, no buffering.
I need Help new to this I have just got myself a Cyclone Android x2 and have used Version 2. XDA Developers Frodo and it install ok boot great but the only problem I am having is if I put a internal hard drive inside the unite xbmc will not mount it can anyone give me a dummy instruction on how to do this and I mean a Dummy way step by step as I would like to put all my films on a 2TB drive

Many thanks

Glen

PS this is the unite I have
http://www.mt-components.com/ENCLOSURES/...android+x2
(2014-07-04, 17:44)redi Wrote: [ -> ]I finally got around to linking up my local media on my NAS to xbmc. what I noticed was that everything played immediately, but if I used the right or up arrow (to skip ahead) it would just sit there forever. it wouldn't skip ahead and buffer or anything. skipping on streamed content works fine, and I'm on wired Ethernet. anyone else had any skipping issues with local media at all? I don't think it's my network.. I can play a 12gig 1080p mkv fine, no buffering.
I have a some stuff on a NAS mounted via SMB and I don't have any trouble skipping through the content (mostly 720p). My ATV1200 is connected to my router via wireless-N and the NAS is connected via gigabit ethernet to the router. I occasionally have some streamed content from addons for which the stream quits when you try to skip, but this happens under android too and seems related to the particular encoding used.
Same as bobones for me too. Even full HD content from my NAS drive too all will skip forward or back okay either 30 seconds left / right arrow keys or 10 minutes with up / down keys My connection is same as bobones too except my Linux XBMC box is usually Ethernet connected via my hard wired TV cabinet gigabit switch.

Why and how are you putting a hard drive inside your Cyclone X2. G500 ?? I simply connect one of my 1TB external USB drives via one of the USB ports and it runs 100% even for 20 GB 1080 movies in MKV format. Why would you want to even try to fit it internally, bad for heat dissipation and you lose the HD portability of the USB enclosure?? Having said that I mainly used Internet streamed content these days as saves all that storage need.

Yet to try FLAC audio source but can do when I get a moment as do have quite a few FLAC files I can access. Will let you know if I get any buzzing sounds sonofdibnah.