Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
can some kind person direct me to the latest linux file to upgrade my android Cyclone Android X2 so it boots directly to xbmc
thank you
My box with STVMX board running without any issues with MX_LINUX_v1.00-STVMX-conversion.zip (Frodo version). After upgrade to Gotham with MX_LINUX_v1.01-G02REF-update.zip. It running ok but MyLivetv (tvheadend add-on) hangs at channel changes in full screen mode, if I stop and play other channel, it have no issues. In Frodo version changing channel in full screen mode work great. Any advice?
(2014-08-29, 09:11)frankie13 Wrote: [ -> ]can some kind person direct me to the latest linux file to upgrade my android Cyclone Android X2 so it boots directly to xbmc
thank you

No problem frankie13. Just go to the first page of this thread and download Version 1. Follow the instructions carefully and it should work perfectly. Just make sure you wait when nothing seems to be happening with a black screen for a minute or two as it certainly should then all happen and burn your new Linux XBMC Gotham 13.1 image to your Cyclone X2. DO NOT SWITCH OFF AT THIS TIME or you will most likely end up with a bricked box. Also do not use the power button on the front of the X2 box for this task, you should use the power plug at the back for powering down and back up again as required with the instructions.

Gotham 13.1 is very stable and gives you true 1080 res HD rather than the upscaled 720 we used to have. If you have any problem with the remote not working properly then come back here and ask.
(2014-08-29, 09:20)vvd214 Wrote: [ -> ]My box with STVMX board running without any issues with MX_LINUX_v1.00-STVMX-conversion.zip (Frodo version). After upgrade to Gotham with MX_LINUX_v1.01-G02REF-update.zip. It running ok but MyLivetv (tvheadend add-on) hangs at channel changes in full screen mode, if I stop and play other channel, it have no issues. In Frodo version changing channel in full screen mode work great. Any advice?
Sorry I have no idea as I don't use LiveTV or PVR functions, so all I can suggest is that you ask on the developer's thread at http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthre...?t=2418029
hi raymw done it but box wont turn on

looks bricked jusr a red and flickering orange light on and off
(2014-08-29, 13:00)frankie13 Wrote: [ -> ]hi raymw done it but box wont turn on

looks bricked jusr a red and flickering orange light on and off

Yep, looks like bricked.
Mine as well Sad
yeah very disappointed m8
@frankie13 and @belliash

Try booting with the contents of this https://www.dropbox.com/s/1z8zd6ublnp7ux...d.zip?dl=0

This has worked for me when I thought my box was bricked. It should revert back to Android 4.1 then you can try to flash Linux build once again.

Same method, hold in reset button, apply power, keep holding in reset for 10-15secs, wait patiently ...
It's not working for me, unfortunately Sad
no joy either thanks
looks like its rebooting all the time, as leds on ethernet port are blinking (both state and activity)
You can try making a truly bootable SD card where the uboot image is copied to the MBR of the SD card. Read the readme on the files I supplied. There is a cmd batch file that will use the dd command to write the uboot image to the start of the SD card. You need to be sure that the SD card is seen as disk 1 (the second disk) in your computer or the command will put the uboot on the wrong disk. Check with Disk Manager in windows: sd card must be Disk 1 to match with batch file. When you're satisfied that the SD card is Disk 1, then double click the cmd file to write the uboot. Start with a newly formatted FAT32 SD card.
Have a look in here and use the how to make a bootcard https://www.dropbox.com/sh/nnrpl8x34kvvk...nl1ja?dl=0
(2014-08-29, 15:06)bobones Wrote: [ -> ]You can try making a truly bootable SD card where the uboot image is copied to the MBR of the SD card. Read the readme on the files I supplied. There is a cmd batch file that will use the dd command to write the uboot image to the start of the SD card. You need to be sure that the SD card is seen as disk 1 (the second disk) in your computer or the command will put the uboot on the wrong disk. Check with Disk Manager in windows: sd card must be Disk 1 to match with batch file. When you're satisfied that the SD card is Disk 1, then double click the cmd file to write the uboot. Start with a newly formatted FAT32 SD card.

dd done manually from Linux.
Anyway it's not booting up from SD Sad
This is a long shot but...

Does anybody here know if I can (or even if it is possible) to set the output of the box to 1080p @ 23.976Hz? I am currently running with MX Linux, but am prepared to try any of the others. I have been looking into modelines, EDID, xorg and have learnt a lot, but not how to do it yet!

Can the chipset even support this refresh rate?

xorg does not exist at /etc/x11 (there is not even x11, at least not on the image file I am looking at while at work). Even if it did, would Kodi even pick up the extra display mode and allow me to select it?

I am somewhat out of my depth, but a strong swimmer and I really want to have a go before I spend any more pound notes on new hardware Wink