Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What's the difference between XDA and Geniatech versions? I'm quite satisfied with the Geniatech version, although just today it actually crashed once. But it works well, and I'm even writing this with ATV520e running Geniatech Linux with latest updates.
I wasn't able to get the MX_LINUX_PRERC2-TEST1-STVMX-update.img installed, got an error when it tried to install it, download the file again to rule out file corruption but same thing, didn't have too much time to play with it so had to revert to the Geniatech image. Will give it another bash this evening.
(2014-01-15, 03:20)tinker Wrote: [ -> ]Folks:

XDA claims that the wireless doesn't work for the atv520. I can tell you that wireless does work flawlessly for the Geniatech version of Linux/XBMC. I've run full length movies and hours of live TV through it without any drop-outs of freezes.

Does anyone know if there is a kernel difference between the two?

tinker
On my ATV520 wifi under linux is very weak, i can tell its speed/coverage was much much faster under android.
(2014-01-15, 08:11)ciquta Wrote: [ -> ]On my ATV520 wifi under linux is very weak, i can tell its speed/coverage was much much faster under android.

ciquta:

I've found no difference between Android and Linux WiFi. I've streamed HD movies over WiFi with no glitches at all. I prefer Ethernet but tested WiFi for a day to contribute the results here.

tinker
if one was to flash Linux xbmc, what would you guys recommend? the geniatech version, or xda?
Excellent question. I have the geniatech update installed and can't fault it really. Haven't tried the other.
(2014-01-17, 23:39)mitchcom Wrote: [ -> ]Excellent question. I have the geniatech update installed and can't fault it really. Haven't tried the other.

good to know, maybe i'll give the geniatech one a go first. with the latest version, is the back button working correctly? and does the unit go to sleep when you press power?
I use a Bluetooth keyboard and have no issues with the buttons. And don't put it to sleep sorry.
(2014-01-18, 00:00)redi Wrote: [ -> ]good to know, maybe i'll give the geniatech one a go first. with the latest version, is the back button working correctly? and does the unit go to sleep when you press power?

I have the geniatech Linux, and the buttons and how they work are the only thing I can complain about plus the fact, it don't go to sleep or shutdown properly at all.

I don't think back button is working as it is supposed to. For instance, if browsing TV Shows, only way I can go up to one level is to either use keyboard instead of RC or go through the selections with left button (go to EPG for instanceand then back to recordings).

I would like to see someone try XDA Linux with it, so I could decide if I should change to that too.

If I could choose which to go for now as first try, I would go for XDA Smile I didn't know about that option a week ago when I flashed my ATV520E.
Xda release has suspend mode ...... Dont forget you have to flash android spi first before you flash xda rc2

For backfunction on ir change commands in remote.conf or download https://www.dropbox.com/s/b3po4acd0c24tjj/remote.conf and replace in etc/xbmc
For all keys working on ir from atv1200 take this remote.conf https://www.dropbox.com/s/b3po4acd0c24tjj/remote.conf
Thanks! Dumb question. It's the spi file from geniatech firmware right? Have you had any issues with rc2? Android is working pretty well and if my wife runs into issues putting on my daughter's movies it's bad news Smile
Wifi isnt working on rc2.... You have to use android spi from geniatech dont use the linux spi .... But if u have android now on it just flash rc2 img your spi is correct

Rest for me is working good till now slightly audio offset 0.225

Working smooth with suspend Smile so u dont have to power down like on geniatech release u can power on from ir

Szreaming from nas is workin good dont know if usb is working didnt test it
I got 2 question about that since i have installed the mx_linux and it's working:

What is the root password if i want to ssh into my box?
Is it possible to use the component or composite output connectors on my ATV1200 box instead of the HDMI because this box is hooked up to and old TV ?

Thanks for the help,
Root password for Geniatech is letmein if that helps.

"letmein"