Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Hide Playlist && Video Addon Dir or get into Files at Start
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello guys, I need a hand, i'm trying hard to make my user experience the best fitted for me, and to do so i need to get rid off these directory : Playlist and Video Addon directories,
wich can be find on the root of the videos library page. Ive tryed to modify videoNav.xml without any succes.
Can anyone help me ?

Those directories are listed by XBMC itself, so to my knowledge there really isn't a way to get rid of them.

Do you want to enter VideoFiles directly?
Hey thanks to answer, yes will be awsome to get into Files directory directly but i gave up this idea after some research, i learnt that it's impossible to do so.

this picture i joined with my previous post is what i get when i start xbmc, i changed the settings to start here but i can't go into "Files" directly.
Ah, I see. If you choose the setting (under Appearance Settings) to boot directly into Videos, it will take you to the Video Libarary. That's coded into XBMC and not into the skin.

However, if you choose to boot into the Home screen, you can make the Videos Category go to Video Files instead of Video Library.

To do so, go to skin settings -> Home -> under Category Menu press the button until it says "Clicking videos category redirects to files".
what button i have to press ? I don't see any !

You are using a much older version of Rapier.

Download v5.5.0 here

Then you will get the new skin options.
Oh thanks, that's cool ! Is there a way to enter directly into Files whitout passing by Home now?
Can I just write this in MyVideos.xml <onload>RedirectVideosCategoryFiles</onload> ?

Edit : I Finally did fix my problem.
I dont use MyPrograms.xml so i put on his header

<onload>ActivateWindow(Videos,Files,Return)</onload>

and i made XBMC start on MyProgams in the settings, so at launch he'll launch MyPrograms.xml and load video File Dir.

Thanx for your support Smile
Cool, just remember that each time you update the skin you will lose your changes.

But if this is all you have changed, it's easy to recreate :-)