Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone,

I know its a bit left field .. but

Raspbmc now has it.. ( Frodo )

Xbian now has it.. (Frodo)

Will openelec get the dual audio feature soon ..i.e being able to play audio via hdmi AND analog at the same time?

..Still can't use VDR with latest gotham builds??

Cheers

pootler
(2013-07-29, 15:27)allan87 Wrote: [ -> ]Myth PVR has had show-stopping bugs in every Rbej build AFTER July 3, 2013. This includes the July 29 build.

1. Skip, including big skip and commercial skip does not work. Instead of skipping, the playback hiccups for a second and resumes approximately from where you left off.

2. Less important, possibly related: When you pause or skip, the display at the top right corner reports incorrect information. Sometimes it indicates a very short program length, just slightly exceeding the point you are in the show (like 0:15/0:17). Sometimes it reverses program length and position, and reports incorrect program length (like 7:22:00/1:15).

These features work correctly in Gotham alpha 5 (tested in OS X).

These problems appear to have been introduced with the experimental FF feature. If I have to choose between skip and FF, I'd rather have skip (i.e. skip, commercial skip and big skip). Accordingly, I have been reverting to July 3 after testing new builds.

Any chance mythtv users can get a gotham build without the experimental FF features to fix this problem? Thanks.
(2013-08-03, 18:37)Huuh Wrote: [ -> ]Any chance mythtv users can get a gotham build without the experimental FF features to fix this problem? Thanks.

Have you tested a build since 31st July? That had "fixes for trickplay" which could have solved this issue.
(2013-08-03, 19:08)popcornmix Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-08-03, 18:37)Huuh Wrote: [ -> ]Any chance mythtv users can get a gotham build without the experimental FF features to fix this problem? Thanks.
Have you tested a build since 31st July? That had "fixes for trickplay" which could have solved this issue.
The issue is not fixed (August 1 build tested).
(2013-08-03, 20:52)allan87 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-08-03, 19:08)popcornmix Wrote: [ -> ]
The issue is not fixed (August 1 build tested).

I can confirm as well that it hasn't been fixed as well with the Aug. 1 build. Thanks.
(2013-08-03, 21:24)Huuh Wrote: [ -> ]I can confirm as well that it hasn't been fixed as well with the Aug. 1 build. Thanks.

Can you confirm exactly what is needed to observe this bug? (I don't use mythtv).
All ts files? Files recorded from mythtv? Files with comskip?
Can you provide a sample file that shows the problem?
(2013-08-03, 23:16)popcornmix Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-08-03, 21:24)Huuh Wrote: [ -> ]I can confirm as well that it hasn't been fixed as well with the Aug. 1 build. Thanks.

Can you confirm exactly what is needed to observe this bug? (I don't use mythtv).

Hmm... I'm not sure how to provide sample files. When I try to play the mythtv recorded mpeg2 files directly, there's no problems getting the proper length of the shows, and I can skip through them/fast forward.

It's only when I try using the actual livetv (cmythtv) plugin to play recordings that I have a problem with skipping, fast-fowarding, etc.
(2013-08-03, 23:16)popcornmix Wrote: [ -> ]
You need to have a myth backend running with a recorded show to watch from the XMBC frontened. I don't think a sample file would be enlightening: The problem occurs with all recordings streamed from the backend, whether the recording has ads or not.
For what it's worth my myth setup uses a HD Homerun (MP2 video).
Whats the best way to update rbej's version of openelec ? I can move system and kernel to the .update folder, but what with the firmware files ? I should update them using rpi-update ? First update openelec and after that run rpi-update ?
(2013-08-04, 18:55)heniek12 Wrote: [ -> ]Whats the best way to update rbej's version of openelec ? I can move system and kernel to the .update folder, but what with the firmware files ? I should update them using rpi-update ? First update openelec and after that run rpi-update ?

The firmware files are extracted from the SYSTEM file during the update process, so you just need to copy the four files (SYSTEM+KERNEL+MD5s) to the .update folder and reboot.
(2013-08-04, 19:06)MilhouseVH Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-08-04, 18:55)heniek12 Wrote: [ -> ]Whats the best way to update rbej's version of openelec ? I can move system and kernel to the .update folder, but what with the firmware files ? I should update them using rpi-update ? First update openelec and after that run rpi-update ?

The firmware files are extracted from the SYSTEM file during the update process, so you just need to copy the four files (SYSTEM+KERNEL+MD5s) to the .update folder and reboot.

Thanks.
Updated Gotham Branch

- updated firmware

- updated Xbmc Gotham

http://netlir.dk/rbej/builds/

http://lysin.me/rbej
No pvr addons in your latest Gotham rbej?
i fixed this. Please download build again.
Does this update method work for the rbej build when running openelec on a USB stick?

(2013-08-04, 19:06)MilhouseVH Wrote: [ -> ]