Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2013-12-04, 17:33)allan87 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-12-04, 17:25)Trixster Wrote: [ -> ]Chaps, great work, I love all the updates! However, the latest builds still don't seem to save the resoultion settings. With every reset I have to go back and recalibrate the Video settings for each resolution and refresh rate as the settings for the pixel ration square defaults back to 0.500. Any chance a fix for this could be included?
Thanks.
I have had that problem forever. For weeks, maybe moths, anyway. Other settings don't survive a reboot, either (like access restrictions). A workaround is to manually edit the guisettings file and then reboot via ssh (reboot by gui overwrites the settings).

My guess is that certain changes are cached somewhere and are supposed to be written to the guisettings file at shutdown, but they are not.

I have same issues too on OpenELEC_Gotham-RPi.arm-devel-20131127234643-r16442.tar, I have very few plugins.. I have removed ArgusTV as this was causing crash then followed by problems above of pixel ratio errors and loss of calibration. My only workaround is to delete guisettings.xml and to recalibrate etc.. very frustrating.. I will try ssh reboot Confused
(2013-12-04, 20:34)mikeb93 Wrote: [ -> ]my Pi doesn't fully boot with the latest milhouse build. I get into XBMC right before amber displays it's full skin. So only background image for me... -.-'

The default behaviour of amber just displays the bubbles background until all the widgets (recommended/recently added) have updated.
This can take a while (e.g. a minute). There is an option to not wait (fast start?) in the skin settings.

How long did you wait?
(2013-12-04, 20:37)evanspae Wrote: [ -> ]I have same issues too on OpenELEC_Gotham-RPi.arm-devel-20131127234643-r16442.tar, I have very few plugins.. I have removed ArgusTV as this was causing crash then followed by problems above of pixel ratio errors and loss of calibration. My only workaround is to delete guisettings.xml and to recalibrate etc.. very frustrating.. I will try ssh reboot Confused
To be clear, the workaround to manually edit the resolution setting in the guisettings.xml file (i.e. edit the text) and then reboot via an ssh session.
(2013-12-04, 20:39)popcornmix Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-12-04, 20:34)mikeb93 Wrote: [ -> ]my Pi doesn't fully boot with the latest milhouse build. I get into XBMC right before amber displays it's full skin. So only background image for me... -.-'

The default behaviour of amber just displays the bubbles background until all the widgets (recommended/recently added) have updated.
This can take a while (e.g. a minute). There is an option to not wait (fast start?) in the skin settings.

How long did you wait?

Jup, I'm familiar with that. I edited my post. If I delete "guisettings.xml" I can get it started, though with confluence and my settings are resetted. No biggie just FYI
(2013-12-04, 20:44)mikeb93 Wrote: [ -> ]Jup, I'm familiar with that. I edited my post. If I delete "guisettings.xml" I can get it started, though with confluence and my settings are resetted. No biggie just FYI

Did you keep a copy? If you did then set it up again how you had it before and confirm it boots okay. Then look at the diffs of the two files - see if the problem setting shows up.
(2013-12-04, 20:46)popcornmix Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-12-04, 20:44)mikeb93 Wrote: [ -> ]Jup, I'm familiar with that. I edited my post. If I delete "guisettings.xml" I can get it started, though with confluence and my settings are resetted. No biggie just FYI

Did you keep a copy? If you did then set it up again how you had it before and confirm it boots okay. Then look at the diffs of the two files - see if the problem setting shows up.

Ah damn sorry i just removed it before i read your post. This has happened to me once before. If it happens again i'll do just that.
You can just rename it and leave it in place.
(2013-12-04, 20:21)popcornmix Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-12-04, 20:00)evangelion Wrote: [ -> ]Just done the self same test, 10x tried, results are a maximum of 3 "clicks" per run, the minimum 1, and a few "2's"

If you press the key and wait a few seconds do you always hear the sound?
i.e. do you only lose sounds when close together (i.e. held down key)

Nope, tried that as it seemed obvious there maybe some kind of inherent pause between clicks.
(2013-12-04, 20:54)allan87 Wrote: [ -> ]You can just rename it and leave it in place.

yeah i did that but then deleted it.

I just changed my settings back to those i head and it isn't booting up again. That's bad -.-'

here's the guisettings. I'll try to find out what is causing this

http://pastebin.com/vX1ataZb

looks like it is Amber. Won't get past this:

Quote:20:04:07 T:3044508496 ERROR: ADDON: extension 'py' is not currently supported for service addon
Is airplay fixed in the new Build?
@ popcornmix:

I think I found part of the problem on my set-up, I had the AVR sound field set to Cinema Studio EX B (Reproduces the sound characteristics of the Sony Pictures Entertainment “Kim Novak Theater” cinema production studio. This mode is ideal for watching science-fiction or action movies with lots of sound effects.)

Switching it to A.F.D mode (Auto Format Direct) solves the problem of the intermittent clicks. It doesn't however correct the Gui sound itself, even with the AVR cranked up pretty high (Like, you wouldn't want to live next door) the sound created is like a dull knock, breathe in and you'll miss it, it's THAT quiet, nothing at all like the sound emitted from the Analogue/TV output.

Pages 61 onward explain the settings in more detail which can be found Here
GUI settings still not saving. Tried deleting .xbmc and recreate everything and it still loose the settings on a reboot.

Would love to know what settings to change when manually editing guisettings.XML .
(2013-12-04, 21:03)Koloss Wrote: [ -> ]Is airplay fixed in the new Build?

No.
(2013-12-04, 18:25)popcornmix Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-12-04, 17:59)allan87 Wrote: [ -> ]I have lost picture on most video with the new build. Here's the log, showing errors. I can do a debug log later if needed:
Have you disabled passthrough? I mentioned passthrough is not compatible with gui sounds.
Disabling passthrough restored video, but also breaks 5.1 audio. You just get a loud buzz. 2.0 is fine.
(2013-12-04, 00:20)pikoli Wrote: [ -> ]for me, this one worked perfectly, but is a tad old now (from 9.10.2013):

http://netlir.dk/rbej/builds/index.php?d...opcornmix/

but than again, last two posts in this thread -> http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=168665&page=2 , might indicate, that scrapper problem is non related issue to the build, I don't know Smile

this build is actually working, regarding the scrapers!

(2013-12-04, 13:52)MilhouseVH Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-12-04, 13:27)evangelion Wrote: [ -> ]Did you miss my post MilhouseVH? (previous page)

I didn't miss it, I just didn't have anything to suggest.

I'm only creating these builds, just as anyone else can too. If the builds contain bugs (and they most certainly do) I'm not responsible for them. However do post about the issues you are experiencing as someone else may have a suggestion/solution.

(2013-12-04, 13:40)FattyMcDirty Wrote: [ -> ]are movie/tv-scrapers working properly in this build? any1 tested it?

As far as I know they should be, I've been able to scrape a new episode for an existing tv show. Haven't tried scraping an entirely new library though.

nope.. scrapers not working in this build for me... did a clean setup Sad themoviedb and thetvdb... non working/scraping