Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2014-01-11, 01:40)MilhouseVH Wrote: [ -> ]Haven't tested it myself (as I don't have any suitable media) but it includes all the patches relevant to this new dvdplayer functionality. The most recent commit suggests that default players will be used for DVDs.

Cool, thanks, it sounds like it should be fine then.

I'm not sure I've got any ISOs to test with at hand either but I did see a free TV calibration DVD ISO available to download the other day so I could download that and check before updating my brother Smile
after update to:
Quote:New OpenELEC Gotham build: #0110c

Includes all recent dvdplayer changes.

can´t play some movies anymore. (i hope that in can make snippet from hd-file or provite g-spot output)
looks the same like missing mp2codec on screen and sound is working.
After trying out playing from dvdplayer i see some red blinking screens.

i switched back to #1009 and same files played fine.

edit:
avc1 H.264/MPEG-4 AVC Pics/s 23.975 Frames/s 23.975
Latest build with dvdplayer seems to mistakenly pass airplay video streams to the software decoder. Both a twitch.tv .m3u8 playlist and a standard 720p .mp4 pegged the cpu at 100% and stuttered. Went back to the build from yesterday and they both played fine with cpu around 20-30%.

On the upside, I briefly tested a few DVDs (converted losslessly to mpeg2/ac3 mkvs) using dvdplayer in the context menu and 4:3 24fps played mostly fine, with cpu between 90-100%. Worst case scenario was a high-ish bitrate PAL 16:9 anamorphic that could only get to ~17-20fps. This was without passthrough enabled, and overclocked to 1000/500/500/6.
(2014-01-11, 02:23)Trickname Wrote: [ -> ]after update to:
Quote:New OpenELEC Gotham build: #0110c

Includes all recent dvdplayer changes.

can´t play some movies anymore.

A debug log (wiki) might help in addition to any snippet that can be used to reproduce the problem.
Sorry to sound like an idiot, I have just come from Raspbmc to these openelec builds and I have no idea how to get my xbox remote working Sad
this is strange..
I can´t repeat behavior. After reupdating i tryed to open file again in #0110c and it plays fine now.

anyway heres my log:
http://pastebin.com/F7DLgqJ1

btw.
anyone can tell my how to make cuts in a mp4 file without re-encoding
(2014-01-11, 02:20)doveman2 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not sure I've got any ISOs to test with at hand either but I did see a free TV calibration DVD ISO available to download the other day so I could download that and check before updating my brother Smile

Remember dvdplayer support is very new and there may be scenarios where the wrong player is used (like airplay), or other side effects.
So try to test any use cases you believe your brother relies on before updating him.
I just attempted to play a DVD ISO with this new build via the 'File Manager'.

Clicking on the ISO file opens the ISO within File Manager and shows the file structure (ie shows Video_TS and Audio_TS) which can then be browsed as normal. If I select the context menu for the ISO and choose 'Play with DVDPlayer' the file works fine including the normal dvd menus.

Not sure if this is the expected / desired behaviour but it works good for me.
(2014-01-11, 13:44)RichG Wrote: [ -> ]If I select the context menu for the ISO and choose 'Play with DVDPlayer' the file works fine including the normal dvd menus.

Are you saying the whole DVD ISO was playable with dvdplayer - no stutters/slow-downs/frame drops?
What overclock settings?
Didn't watch a full film but did see over an hour of a music documentary and it appeared to play without any stutters or noticeable frame-drops.

O/C settings are:
arm_freq=1000
core_freq=450
sdram_freq=500
over_voltage=6
over_voltage_sdram=4
force_turbo=0
Popcornmix

My apologies - I just tried again and playback of the ISO file is fine with OMXPlayer but very stuttery with DVDPlayer. I must have selected wrongly the previous time.
Sorry.
(2014-01-11, 14:19)RichG Wrote: [ -> ]My apologies - I just tried again and playback of the ISO file is fine with OMXPlayer but very stuttery with DVDPlayer. I must have selected wrongly the previous time.

Yes. I found that the extra scenes of Avengers were quite watchable (framedrops, but audio was perfect and video watchable).
The main feature was more like a slideshow and audio barely played.
With the latest Milhouse Gotham build, I'm seeing repeated popups (every 10 seconds) with: Windows Media Center Client - linux arm Edition, Connection lost

I don't have Win Media Center anywhere on the network, and never had it configured. Did a Win Media Center plugin config accidentally make it into the build somehow?
I went into 'Enabled Add-ons' - 'PVR Clients', and I see a Win Media Center plugin (which was never installed before). I uninstalled that plugin, rebooted the Pi, but the plugin is still there, and popups are still going. Will try 'disabling' next.

FWIW, my MythTV PVR recordings are still working fine.

Thanks!
(2014-01-12, 04:28)bhamail Wrote: [ -> ]I went into 'Enabled Add-ons' - 'PVR Clients', and I see a Win Media Center plugin (which was never installed before). I uninstalled that plugin, rebooted the Pi, but the plugin is still there, and popups are still going. Will try 'disabling' next.

It looks like Windows Media Center on Linux has been officially added to xbmc-pvr-addons as of 17 December, with this package pulled in to OpenELEC on 29 December although the WMC client may not have been functional until 4 January when a revised version of the package was pulled in.

Try disabling WMC if you don't need it or it's annoying you, but yes it's meant to be there (though not entirely sure why all of the PVR clients are enabled by default). Whether it works or not, I've no idea.

I'm not using any Live TV/PVR functionality so I don't notice any WMC-related popups. Chances are xbmc-pvr-addons WMC support may be rather bleeding edge in OpenELEC, as enabling PVR functionality results in a number of "DLL" related errors so my guess is that the configuration needs some additional tweaking before its ready for prime time.

There's a thread discussing WMC on Raspbmc here which links to a very long thread back on this forum. I've asked the OpenELEC developers why PVR clients such as WMC are shipping in an enabled state, but most likely this is just an early days configuration issue.
Hi

Im a little out of my depth in this thread as I am still very much a beginner with XBMC, but I hope that can be overlooked and I may be able to get some help / advice

I was using the official XBMC release 3.2.3 (due to supposed audio issues with 3.2.4) however whenever I watched anything in Dolby Digital I would experiance bried audio drop outs every 10 minutes or so, which did not happen with DTS (My PI is connected to amp via HDMI and the correct settings applied etc)

So I have taken plunge and am using OpenELEC_Gotham-RPi.arm-devel-20140110215319-r16936-gd4c9cbe to see if that helps, firstly, well its quick, fastest yet however I have two questions

(1) Audio now shows as PCM on my amp - I do seem to be getting 5.1 (steering around the room etc seems spot on) but it used to say Dolby Digital / DTS. I assume that teh PI / Openelec is just setting the raw audio and allowing the Amp to decode (much like PS3 did when that came out) and thus taking up less resources of the PI - is this correct ? Should I be worried ? Have I done something wrong

(2) Where has the "clean library" function gone (thing used to be under Video in settings)

(3) More of a strange observation than a question. Upon updating to this new build my library has gone a bit strange, showing one I had from around early December (I can tell as it lists Xmas films and shows which I deleted after Xmas)