Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Here is a link to my log and sample file on my Google Drive:
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0...sp=sharing

Any questions, please let me know.
(2014-01-25, 12:16)denz Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

Did you copy the files into the update directory or did you follow the instructions and copy all of these files. I noticed that if I copy the files to the update directory on the next restart it doesn't copy them correctly.

If you're already on a recent Gotham build, to upgrade to a new development build you only need to drop the new .tar file into the Update fofder and reboot.

You will of course need to copy the four update files (KERNEL+SYSTEM+MD5x2) into the Update folder the first time you transition from an old Frodo install to Gotham, but from that point onwards just drop the .tar in to the Update folder and OpenELEC Gotham will take care of the rest.

Should the upgrade go awry (though it really shouldn't) then recovering the situation by using a PC to manually transfer the files extracted from the tar is definitely worth a shot, and should work.
Thanks MilhouseVH i didn't know you could do that. That will sure speed up the update process.

I have another problem with Pi if I swith To different hdmi to watch satellite tv and come back to pi my lg tv just reports invalid signal. Than I have to reboot the pi to get the picture.

I will tomorrow provide logs when i am using dvdplayer so hopefully it helps with fixing problems.
Hi MilhouseVH

Could I suggest to add this how-to and how-to install maybe to the first post in this thread?
I didn't know and I'd guess I am not the only.

Moreover this could avoid to have to explain every time.
Then, maybe you could just add "see the post#1 for how-to" in your build post.
You can find an Add On for automatic updates (also for this milhouse builds) here:

http://ls80.github.io/script.openelec.devupdate/

By the way there is also an Add On for overclocking:

http://ls80.github.io/script.openelec.rpi.config/
(2013-12-08, 20:36)tas* Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-12-08, 17:47)Reddog999 Wrote: [ -> ]I also used that link on the OpenELEC forum to originally get the gpio receiver to work but it's interesting that your other link is to a website last updated 10-06-2012 that has the magic command to get it working again - which is only needed to be performed on the more recent builds.

Yeah that also suggests the changes that deemed that code redundant were patched to the kernel, so I guess something has changed there. If you're interested I've written a quick addon to take care of running the code at boot

Thanks for this! But unfortunately, it does not work for me on the latest build..any ideas how to get it to work? Thanks!

So I uninstalled the addon and ran the commands manually:

modprobe lirc_rpi
/usr/sbin/lircd --driver=default --device=/dev/lirc0 --uinput --output=/var/run/lirc/lircd --pidfile=/var/run/lirc/lircd-lirc0.pid /storage/.config/lircd.conf

And it still does not work....would love to see if anyone has some suggestions..
I have change mem to 256

This is currently what I have in config.txt

# default GPU memory split (do not change if you do not know what you are doing)
gpu_mem=256

# SDRAM size based GPU memory split, uncomment and setup to override 'gpu_mem'
gpu_mem_256=100
gpu_mem_512=128

This is the file that has no video but has sound. I have attached another log with different show but same channel.

http://pastebin.com/akNpwxeR

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7X9IEX...sp=sharing

Another thing that is obvious is that no channel is wide screen every channel seems to be 4:3 or something similar basically it has lines on the sides.

The HDMI issue I had with switching HDMI inputs seems to be resolved with hdmi_force_hotplug=1
(2014-01-26, 10:20)denz Wrote: [ -> ]# SDRAM size based GPU memory split, uncomment and setup to override 'gpu_mem'
gpu_mem_256=100
gpu_mem_512=128

Remove the above lines from your config.txt, they clash with gpu_mem=256 so that on a 256MB Pi you only have 100MB allocated to GPU, and on a 512MB Pi you only have 128MB.
Is there a way to run emulators (mame) beside recent builds ?
tryed out berryboot to get Emulationstation but crashed in OE update.

but donĀ“t want to get off topic:
what temp is recommended for my pi ?
I have removed the lines that clashed. Was watching tennis on the pi before that played perfectly

With the change all the channels could be viewed. That is video and sound.

The channel change is almost instant and this is with wireless connection between the router and media portal.

Only one channel is displayed properly all the other are showing squashed and displaying as 4:3 I think.

Keep up the great work
(2014-01-26, 13:51)denz Wrote: [ -> ]Only one channel is displayed properly all the other are showing squashed and displaying as 4:3 I think.

If the wrong aspect ratio shows up in recordings, then can you upload a small sample that shows the problem?
In post 2556 I have saved a ts file on google drive. The file is 44mb. That one is displayed as 4:3 and should be 16:9. I will take screenshots tomorrow and will create a much smaller file. I have checked the file again using default it is 16:9 using dvdplayer its more like 4:3.
Popcornmix I have a pi connected to tv using an hdmi to dvi cable for video and analogue cable for audio. using gotham build and omxplayer I must select 'dual audio output' no matter if 'audio output device' selected is analogue or hdmi otherwise I get no sound. With dvdplayer.i get no sound what ever configuration I choose.
Hi [email protected]

Try to remove guisetting.xml and reboot
or
even try to change system>setting>system>video>resolution, change and change back
This worked for me
(2014-01-26, 18:20)MrNice Wrote: [ -> ]Hi [email protected]

Try to remove guisetting.xml and reboot
or
even try to change system>setting>system>video>resolution, change and change back
This worked for me

thanks mr nice, but I have same result.. I can only get analogue audio if I select dual audio and only using omxplayer..