Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
No problems with NFS here with build 0401. Using qnap nas as NFS server.
(2014-04-02, 20:01)wizzard72 Wrote: [ -> ]I can manually mount the NFS shares on the command prompt, I can access the files. So it's more a XBMC problem than an OpenELEC problem?

Also seeing this behaviour.
nfs shares mounted by autostart.sh
Code:
#!/bin/sh
n=1

server=192.168.1.60
shares="DVDs TVShows MyTVShows Test_Videos"
# can be nfs for nfs or cifs for samba or windows shares
type=nfs

until ping -w 1 -c 1 "$server" &>/dev/null ;do
   sleep 1
   n=$(( n+1 ))
   [ $n -eq 30 ] && break
done
for share in $shares ;do
   [ -d /media/$share ] || mkdir -p /media/$share
   if [ $type == cifs ];then
     mount -t $type //$server/$share /media/$share
   elif [ $type == nfs ];then
     mount -t $type $server:/$share /media/$share -o nolock
   fi
done
or from ssh
Code:
mount -t nfs \192.168.1.60:/DVDs /media/DVDs -o nolock"

both work fine. however using the XBMC add source > NFS > 192.168.1.60 >
I can see the nfs directories (DVD's TVShows MyTVShows Test_Videos) however i cannot see any contents
this is using a hanewin nfs server in windows 8 x64
(2014-04-02, 20:46)tija Wrote: [ -> ]Just one question ... is upmixing of 2 channel mp3 files possible ... at the moment if I'm trying to play "normal" 2 channel mp3 files only my two front speakers are working.

We should output stereo as two channel, and most receivers will have an option to play stereo through all speakers. That's the best solution.
If you can't make that work, then there is an option "stereo upmix" in settings/system/audio. You need to set the settings level to advanced.
@popcornmix

Any progress on the video scaling improvements? Are you planning on adding other scaling kernels or is the evaluation over? No pressure, just curious.... Smile
(2014-04-02, 21:25)ajp2k14 Wrote: [ -> ]Any progress on the video scaling improvements? Are you planning on adding other scaling kernels or is the evaluation over? No pressure, just curious.... Smile

A colleague of mine (MonsterCross who knows much more about this than me) has been experimenting with stretching the kernel based on the scaling ratio.
I'm waiting for him to say he's happy with it.

There's been enough response to say that the current default kernel is not the best option, and the default will be changed (probably to the Mitchell Netravali).
See http://www.cs.utexas.edu/~fussell/course...tchell.pdf for info on this.

I'll probably plumb in the sharpness control to the dotted line in Figure 13 of the linked paper which allows you to tweak the kernel to be sharper (but ringier/noisier) or blurrier.

I can also connect a few of the other kernels to a scaling kernel control in the video OSD.
@tija

Could you download the files
Nums_5dot1_24_48000.wav
Nums_7dot1_24_48000.wav
6_Channel_ID.wav
8_Channel_ID.wav
here
and tell me if all the channels are in good place with OMXplayer and PAPlayer
then could you downsize to 5.0 your AVR (I suppose you can with the AVR setup) and try the files again.

Why I propose this test is because I have a 5.0 config.
With OMXPlayer LFE is mapped to FL and FR (large band) and channels 7 and 8 mapped to FL-RL and FR-RR, this is OK,
BUT with PAPlayer LFE is not mapped (no sound) and channel 7 mapped to RL channel 8 mapped to RR only.
I think this is a mistake.

What are your results, what do you think?
(2014-04-02, 13:06)rbej Wrote: [ -> ]Please check this sample. Only me dont have audio after seeking movie to beginning??.

http://speedy.sh/Ef6J9/sample.avi

I don't have the problem of no audio. I can seek to beginning multiple times and video and audio always plays.
But there is something funny happening. After the seek to zero the buffers fill up, then empty completely, then fill again, and then it plays okay.
I don't see a good reason for that, so I think there is a bug here...
(2014-04-02, 20:01)wizzard72 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-04-02, 18:45)wizzard72 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-04-02, 17:43)MilhouseVH Wrote: [ -> ]Can you reproduce in a recent OpenELEC master nightly? libnfs has been updated in OpenELEC, so you should see the same problem there. I'm using NFS (FreeNAS 8.3.x) but so far no problems (touch wood) - what is your NFS server?

I have the same on the OpenELEC master nighty! I have an Ubuntu 13.10 server with NFS. Default NFS installation.

I can manually mount the NFS shares on the command prompt, I can access the files. So it's more a XBMC problem than an OpenELEC problem?

Having the same issue with the latest build of XBMC on my server running ARCH x64. Haven't been able to figure it out. I get the exact same errors in my log. So it isn't isolated to OpenELEC, it is definitely something between XBMC and NFS. I can mount the shares manually, and my both my rpi's running 330 and 327 both can access the share. I tried downgrading libnfs to 1.9.2 and rebuilding XBMC but it didn't fix anything. I also tried building XBMC from both the master and the Gotham branches, same results. Will try a few other things to try and isolate it further and post back if I make any progress.
FWIW, I also lost (proper) NFS function after installing 401. Media are on a WD mybook live NAS in directories that were added to "files" under Video:files:add videos:browse. After installing 401, navigating to the directories that had been added this way yielded empty lists.

Eventually, I was able to access the missing media again, still using 401, after some fiddling with the NAS and the Pi, so I am not sure what step had a positive effect, if any, or whether it is an intermittent problem that went away on its own.
I'm trying to resize SD card but when I make:

cd /

touch /var/lock/xbmc.disabled

killall -9 xbmc.bin

Xbmc starts again.

I'm on last version, how can I resize card?

Did something changed with last versions?

Edit:
Used raspbian to resize openelec image.
Solved that way.
I've created a build based on #402 but with the recent libnfs change reverted (so back to libnfs 1.8.0).

Can those with NFS problems since #0401 please test this new buildand confirm if NFS is now working - the download is here.
(2014-04-03, 03:14)MilhouseVH Wrote: [ -> ]I've created a build based on #402 but with the recent libnfs change reverted (so back to libnfs 1.8.0).

Can those with NFS problems since #0401 please test this new buildand confirm if NFS is now working - the download is here.

I haven't had a chance to test your latest OpenELEC. However, on my ARCH x64 Server I was able to build the latest XBMC from master with libnfs 1.8.0 and my shares are working. I'll test your 402 on my rpi's and report back as well, but I'm pretty sure we can narrow it down to libnfs.
(2014-04-03, 02:40)Mafarricos Wrote: [ -> ]I'm trying to resize SD card but when I make:

cd /

touch /var/lock/xbmc.disabled

killall -9 xbmc.bin

Xbmc starts again.

I'm on last version, how can I resize card?

Did something changed with last versions?

The method you are using to prevent xbmc.bin from restarting hasn't been supported for quite some time in Gotham builds, not since the introduction of systemd.

In Gotham if you want to stop xbmc.bin for any period of time, run "systemctl stop xbmc.service" (and replace "stop" with "start" when you are ready to start it again).

If you want to resize your /storage partition (which must be the second partition on the device) and are running a Gotham build then simply run the command:
Code:
touch /storage/.please_resize_me
and reboot - the file system resize will be done for you on the next boot.

This is how it works: systemd service and the fs-resize script.

Note that fs-resize only resizes /storage when it is the second partition, so it won't resize /storage when mounted on the first partition of a USB drive (ie. /dev/sdX1) but will resize /storage when mounted on the second SD card partition (/dev/mmcblk0p2) or the second partition of a USB drive (/dev/sdX2).
(2014-04-02, 22:05)MrNice Wrote: [ -> ]@tija

Could you download the files
Nums_5dot1_24_48000.wav
Nums_7dot1_24_48000.wav
6_Channel_ID.wav
8_Channel_ID.wav
here
and tell me if all the channels are in good place with OMXplayer and PAPlayer
then could you downsize to 5.0 your AVR (I suppose you can with the AVR setup) and try the files again.

Why I propose this test is because I have a 5.0 config.
With OMXPlayer LFE is mapped to FL and FR (large band) and channels 7 and 8 mapped to FL-RL and FR-RR, this is OK,
BUT with PAPlayer LFE is not mapped (no sound) and channel 7 mapped to RL channel 8 mapped to RR only.
I think this is a mistake.

What are your results, what do you think?

I'll try this today.

Yesterday I did a first test with these files and found out that 2 out of these 8 channels had problems (I couldn't hear the voice saying the name of these two channels) but I'm not sure which channel it was.

So I will do some more investigations on this, this evening.
(2014-04-02, 21:48)popcornmix Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-04-02, 21:25)ajp2k14 Wrote: [ -> ]Any progress on the video scaling improvements? Are you planning on adding other scaling kernels or is the evaluation over? No pressure, just curious.... Smile

A colleague of mine (MonsterCross who knows much more about this than me) has been experimenting with stretching the kernel based on the scaling ratio.
I'm waiting for him to say he's happy with it.

There's been enough response to say that the current default kernel is not the best option, and the default will be changed (probably to the Mitchell Netravali).
See http://www.cs.utexas.edu/~fussell/course...tchell.pdf for info on this.

I'll probably plumb in the sharpness control to the dotted line in Figure 13 of the linked paper which allows you to tweak the kernel to be sharper (but ringier/noisier) or blurrier.

I can also connect a few of the other kernels to a scaling kernel control in the video OSD.

Interesting, thanks! I will have a look at that pdf and see how much of it I understand... looking forward to the next version. Smile

(2014-04-03, 03:23)TheImmortal Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-04-03, 03:14)MilhouseVH Wrote: [ -> ]I've created a build based on #402 but with the recent libnfs change reverted (so back to libnfs 1.8.0).

I haven't had a chance to test your latest OpenELEC. However, on my ARCH x64 Server I was able to build the latest XBMC from master with libnfs 1.8.0 and my shares are working. I'll test your 402 on my rpi's and report back as well, but I'm pretty sure we can narrow it down to libnfs.

To get my Android tablet with Xbmc 13b3 to work with NFS on my Synology NAS I had to check "map all users to admin" or something like that on my Synology (I think it worked without it in beta 2). My Pi with MilhouseVH's latest OpenElec worked anyway though....weird. Just thought I'd mention it...