Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
@tija

You could have a look at this thread for more info and future improvement
Here

Maybe you could have an answer from FernetMenta.
(2014-04-01, 22:42)bagofcrap24 Wrote: [ -> ]This entire series has been fine until updating this evening. Since updating all 3 episodes so far have the issue so I would say your right that it's an issue with the updated libass.
It's hard to reproduce because it doesn't happen every time. If it bugs. I skip back and watch again. It doesn't bug the next time.

EDIT: happening all over the place. sometimes repeatable. sometimes not.
for anyone else, this is what it looks like.

Hi, can you test this build:

http://snapshots.openelec.tv/test/OpenEL...ebeddc.tar

included the patches from http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1672782 (thanks much Chortos-2!!!) and libass-0.11.1

this build dont includes all the patches found in milhouse builds, but it should possible to test if the subtitle issue is solved. Please report back.

thanks

Stephan
(2014-04-05, 03:35)sraue Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-04-01, 22:42)bagofcrap24 Wrote: [ -> ]This entire series has been fine until updating this evening. Since updating all 3 episodes so far have the issue so I would say your right that it's an issue with the updated libass.
It's hard to reproduce because it doesn't happen every time. If it bugs. I skip back and watch again. It doesn't bug the next time.

included the patches from http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1672782 (thanks much Chortos-2!!!) and libass-0.11.1

this build dont includes all the patches found in milhouse builds, but it should possible to test if the subtitle issue is solved. Please report back.

thanks

Stephan

Thanks for the test build Stephan.

I can confirm that with these included patches and libass 0.11.1 this issue is no longer present.
The subtitles are now being rendered correctly so looks like Chortos hit the nail on the head.

Alex
Hi Sraue, watching live streams (IPTV Simple Client/rtmp/http) with this build doesn't work, the streams just stuck at 1% buffering.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=166457

No problem with MilhouseVH build.
please help, I need some feedback on this error...

My Pi (second one, first one broke but had the same problem) which boots on SD but has storage on USB runs very well most of the time (latest MilhouseVH build 0402). It's overclocked pretty high but I never have any hangs or reboots while playing files or updating library. What happens is that it hangs during the night when it's on but not doing anything. Sometimes it's still accessible through ssh but sometimes a hard reboot is needed. Sometimes after a hard reboot it won't boot at all with only a red led on, I can usually get it to boot with another SD in those cases and everything is fine again. After that plugging in the old SD probably works too...

I'm running wired ethernet (through a wireless bridge) and I have a wireless keyboard on usb.

It can run fine for several days or even weeks without this happening but when it starts happening it seems to get worse and worse, happening more and more often.

Not sure when this started but it wasn't like this in the beginning. I've always updated to the latest MilhouseVH build when it came out. Any ideas?
(2014-04-05, 10:53)botribun Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Sraue, watching live streams (IPTV Simple Client/rtmp/http) with this build doesn't work, the streams just stuck at 1% buffering.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=166457

No problem with MilhouseVH build.

I'm pretty sure this build was meant only as a test build to check a committed fix for subtitles.
Code:
Unfortunately my BT landline has been disconnected by Sky during a botched broadband migration from O2 leaving me without internet access right now (other than on my mobile phone) which means I'm unable to publish a new build until Monday at the earliest, possibly Tuesday - hopefully not later but God knows what else Sky have cocked up. Sad Thanks @Chortos-2 for the patches, they're sounding good!

thanks

Stephan

Hi Stephan,

Subtitles works very well on this build . Can you provide a link where you post this test builds?
(2014-04-04, 21:29)stuCONNERS Wrote: [ -> ]can some put up what I would type into crontab for a 6am daily reboot. I cant get cron working on these new builds.

0 6 * * * reboot

That should do the trick
(2014-04-05, 17:02)maratonomak Wrote: [ -> ]

thanks

Stephan

Hi Stephan,

Subtitles works very well on this build . Can you provide a link where you post this test builds?

dont understand... our (the official OpenELEC) testbuilds are avaible - and without an notification - under http://snapshots.openelec.tv . all in the test/ folder are special builds we provide to single users to test a very special issue and are not for common usage. all our (this builds) are following the official OpenELEC master branch and dont include experimental stuff which are not in XBMC or there are definitive plans to add to xbmc (very) soon
Something I've noticed with the latest build -- when playing a movie, wider than 16:9 (having black borders top at bottom, like 2,35:1), with DVDPlayer, top-most and bottom-most lines seems like swapped; like this:
Code:
9 <- should be bottom-most line, but is top-most, instead
1 <- should be top-most line, but is bottom-most, instead
More easily observed with encoded, trimmed SD content, with some difference in brightness between top and bottom of the frame. Not sure if this is with latest version only. Works fine with OMXPlayer.
(2014-04-06, 22:33)606u Wrote: [ -> ]Something I've noticed with the latest build -- when playing a movie, wider than 16:9 (having black borders top at bottom, like 2,35:1), with DVDPlayer, top-most and bottom-most lines seems like swapped; like this:
Code:
More easily observed with encoded, trimmed SD content, with some difference in brightness between top and bottom of the frame. Not sure if this is with latest version only. Works fine with OMXPlayer.

If it's the same thing, its been present for a while (I noticed it on my test ISO when dvdplayer support arrived but never bothered to mention it as it only affected one file). Try this 500KB sample (dropbox) of the offending file.

Set zoom to "normal" (720,576)->(1920,1080).

With dvdplayer, during the first 3 to 4 seconds as the text scrolls toward the middle of the screen, you should see moving white dots present at the very top of the screen/frame (although only the left half of the topmost line), which then disappear once all the text is visible on screen.

It's as though the left half of the bottom most line is being output at the top of each frame. It's possible that the top and bottom lines are being transposed, however that's not entirely obvious in the sample.

I don't see this issue with OpenELEC 4 Beta2 x86.

With omxplayer, there are no dots and the video is rendered correctly.
(2014-04-07, 00:17)MilhouseVH Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-04-06, 22:33)606u Wrote: [ -> ]Something I've noticed with the latest build -- when playing a movie, wider than 16:9 (having black borders top at bottom, like 2,35:1), with DVDPlayer, top-most and bottom-most lines seems like swapped; like this:
Code:

If it's the same thing, its been present for a while (I noticed it on my test ISO when dvdplayer support arrived but never bothered to mention it as it only affected one file). Try this 500KB sample (dropbox) of the offending file.

Set zoom to "normal" (720,576)->(1920,1080).

With dvdplayer, during the first 3 to 4 seconds as the text scrolls toward the middle of the screen, you should see moving white dots present at the very top of the screen/frame (although only the left half of the topmost line), which then disappear once all the text is visible on screen.

It's as though the left half of the bottom most line is being output at the top of each frame. It's possible that the top and bottom lines are being transposed, however that's not entirely obvious in the sample.

I don't see this issue with OpenELEC 4 Beta2 x86.

With omxplayer, there are no dots and the video is rendered correctly.
Pretty much the same thing. Now, when I know where to look, I can see it on all of my rips, 16:9 too, its just harder there. Overscan disabled at my end.
New OpenELEC Gotham build: #0407b
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 3.14.0 #1 PREEMPT Mon Apr 7 11:35:53 BST 2014 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Apr  6 2014 14:36:53
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version fb53c2182d22c2270859e8f8dd30b9a92eeca26d (tainted) (release)

# lsb_release
OpenELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20140407113411-r18103-g477cc62

Based on tip of XBMC master (577494a, changelog) and tip of OpenELEC master (477cc62, changelog) with the following modifications:
  • Includes newclock3 commits (except for c390778, a patch to avoid hammering the GUI, which has been replaced with a static spinner)
  • Excludes the OpenELEC fernetmenta patches (due to conflict with newclock3)
  • Includes Python regex package for evaluation purposes. Initial benchmarking indicates generally positive (and in some cases, significant) performance gains. See this post for a description of how to test effectiveness of this package with addons
  • Default setting for "Show RSS Feed" changed to disabled
  • Disabled "Total Duration" in Confluence (see build #0221 for details)
  • ALSA is enabled and any suitable hardware should be available in XBMC Audio Settings
  • Includes newclock3: "More efficient infobool expression evaluator" (reverted in stock OpenELEC)
  • Includes newclock3: "Allow small audio packets to be concatenated to make better use of audio fifo" (reverted in stock OpenELEC)
Build Highlights:
  1. New Firmware Apr 06:
    • firmware: fix for crash after jpeg encode with non-multiple of 16 height. See: link
    • V4L2: Add support for more image formats
      • firmware: jpeg: Replicate border pixels on JPEG encode.
      • firmware: ILCamera: Add option to remove all padding from the output images.
      • firmware: Add RIL camera support for YVU420, YVU420SP, and BGR888.
      • See: link
    • firmware: audio: Only try channel expanding and conversion in PCM mode See: link
    • firmware: clock: increase the limits on VCOs to allow higher overclocks. Should allow arm_freq > 1200, core_freq > 600 and sdram_freq > 600 to be attempted.
      See: link
    • firmware: hvs: Make Mitchell Netravali kernel the default for scaling. This was reported by multiple testers to be preferable to the previous scaling kernel See: link
    • firmware: hdmi: Don't require edid support when explicitly requesting a resolution. No longer require hdmi_avoid_edid to choose a group/mode that is not supported.
  2. OpenELEC:
    • FIQ FSM disabled by default - see "Additional Testing Notes" section for details on how to enable
    • Revert "libnfs: update to libnfs-1.9.3"
    • libass: update to libass-0.11.1
    • PR4518 to fix ASS handling in XBMC
    • gmp: update to gmp-6.0.0a
    • curl: update to curl-7.36.0
    • PR4489 (Make the allowed SSL Ciphers a protocol option for CurlFile)
  3. XBMC:
    • PR4498: [settings] Only need a confirmation dialogue when resolution has changed
    • PR4504: paplayer: rewind stream after init (ffmpeg codec)
    • PR4519: Fix libass ass_read_memory() signature
    • Various other ActiveAE, PA, JSON and Settings changes
  4. newclock3:
    • [info] Only extract thumbnails and video info from real video stream
    • demuxer: Don't replace timestamps of 0 with unknown. This can cause a stall when seeking back to zero
    • fix toggle fullscreen during video playback
    • #0407b: [PiSink] Grab resample coefficients by submitting identity samples
    • #0407b: [omxcodec] Clamp video texture at edges to avoid image wrapping

Additional Testing Notes:
  1. Testers should try adding the following entry to their advancedsettings.xml:
    Code:
    <advancedsettings>
      <video>
        <defaultplayer>dvdplayer</defaultplayer>
        <defaultdvdplayer>dvdplayer</defaultdvdplayer>
      </video>
    </advancedsettings>
    and report if it is better/worse than omxplayer. You can still play files with omxplayer using the context-menu "Play using... OMXPlayer".

2. The following settings are no longer required in config.txt and should be removed:
    Code:
    no_hdmi_resample=1
    hdmi_stream_channels=1
    no_resample_audio is now a default, and hdmi_stream_channels is switched based on audio content. For the time being when using passthrough, 2.0 speaker layout should continue to be used (you will still get 5.1 with AC3/DTS).

3. The FIQ_FSM patch is currently disabled by default in OpenELEC master. See the FIQ_FSM announce thread for details.

One new feature, currently disabled by default, is accelerated support of high-speed isochronous transactions (webcams, real time devices, etc.). There's a possibility this could be used by ALSA or DVB modules (although not always) which may affect some users (hopefully for the better). If you might benefit from this, enable by adding the following option to the end of the line in your /flash/cmdline.txt file:
    Code:
    dwc_otg.fiq_enable=1 dwc_otg.fiq_fsm_enable=1  dwc_otg.fiq_fsm_mask=0x7