Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Yes!
(2013-09-03, 19:17)zoltan Wrote: [ -> ]Can I switch from Gotham to Frodo and then return to Gotham without problems?
Thanks

Yep, I did that earlier Smile
(2013-09-03, 19:17)zoltan Wrote: [ -> ]Can I switch from Gotham to Frodo and then return to Gotham without problems?
Thanks

Be careful. They are on different database versions, so any updates (scans or watching videos) on Frodo won't be visible if you switch back to Gotham.
Hoping on a gotham build this evening with working live tv.
Thumbs up!
(2013-09-03, 18:49)popcornmix Wrote: [ -> ]The problem is that it's not just iPlayer. xbmc perhaps supports 1000 streaming sources.
Maybe 100 have normalised volume like iPlayer and should be played at -30dB.
Maybe 200 have fairly loud audio and should be played at -20dB.
Maybe 400 have normal volume and should be played at -10dB.
Maybe 300 have quiet volume and should be played at 0dB.

And some sites will have a collection of videos at different amplitude levels.
It's not just something I can create 3 rules that fit your current use cases and expect that to work for everyone.

Feel free to open a trac ticket or start a general xbmc request for per source volume settings.
It's not something I will support if it's not a part of core xbmc.

OK, so maybe covering streaming might be a problem (I've only used iPlayer and Youtube as every other plugin I've tried has either not worked at all or been ridiculously complicated to try and get anything to play so I don't know how many of those 1000 streaming sources are actually usable or used much, on the RPi at least, maybe they work better on the PC).

I wasn't suggesting that you cover them yourself anyway, more that there should be a setting that the plugin authors can set in the plugin that adjusts the volume to suit the source. That wouldn't help with sites with videos with wildly varying levels of course but as I said, we can't expect to make everything perfect, although thinking about it those sites could have a setting in the plugin that says "Always use DRC/normalisation" to keep the levels under control.

Anyway, forgetting about streaming, which tends to have poor quality audio anyway, it would be nice to at least get the Movies/Videos/TV and Music sections all around the same volume, with optional DRC/normalisation which can be set separately for those two groups, or even additionally giving TV it's own setting, as people might want it on that to control the advert volume but not on Movies.

I'll post a request as you suggest although I doubt anything will happen as I've posted them before and mostly they just get ignored or dismissed.
I've updated the amplification/DRC commit in newclock3.

It now adds an audio settings option to
"Boost centre channel when downmixing"

The DRC scheme now works with stereo input, and also when xbmc's volume is less than maximum.
You can see the current amplification value (in dB) on the status overlay ('o' key).

If you add (to advancedsettings.xml):
Code:
<audio>
    <limiterhold>100</limiterhold>
  </audio>

It will behave less dynamically and won't back off the attenuation which may be better for normalised different volume levels.
(2013-09-01, 18:44)rbej Wrote: [ -> ]Updated Gotham Branch

- updated Xbmc Gotham

- adopted patches from OpenElec git

http://netlir.dk/rbej/builds/

http://lysin.me/rbej

Please test LiveTv

Cannot scrape music in this build!
Reboot problems as ever!
(2013-09-03, 20:05)popcornmix Wrote: [ -> ]I've updated the amplification/DRC commit in newclock3.

It now adds an audio settings option to
"Boost centre channel when downmixing"

The DRC scheme now works with stereo input, and also when xbmc's volume is less than maximum.
You can see the current amplification value (in dB) on the status overlay ('o' key).

If you add (to advancedsettings.xml):
Code:
<audio>
    <limiterhold>100</limiterhold>
  </audio>

It will behave less dynamically and won't back off the attenuation which may be better for normalised different volume levels.

Please adopted to Frodo.
Hey I have BIG problems wirh all Openelec versions I have tried including a lot of RBEJĀ“s builds but also the official buils on a RPI B model.

100Mbit ethernet

Streaming videos no problems
Play videos from external HDD no problems

Live TV with Mediaportal as backend with IPTV channels and then start playback causes the RPI to reboot 99% of the time.
Sometimes after rebooting it can start the same channels as the one just causing the reboot. It just says "Working" and then with a second or 2 it restarts XBMC.
Other times it says working for a sec. or two and then nothing happens and the system is not frozen and I can just try again sometimes with same result other times it restarts XBMC.

When Live TV is working there are no problems changing channels.

Could anyone look at my logs and someone maybe fix this problem? Would be so awesome to use them at my childrens rooms for tv playback.

Logs: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0...sp=sharing
Hi,

OK, with all the cache changes that have been going in in this build, what are the current recomendations for advancedsettings for WiFi, both 256 and 512?

My 512 is wired and i don't see any issues at all, the other one is 256 and wireless, and is stuttering occasionally on 720p stuff. And yes, it probably is my router, but just wondered what i could try from the XBMC side of things.

Thanks

Silo

EDIT... One of my problems is with the 8188eu wifi kernel driver (TP-Link TL-WN725N V2). It's dropping packets like mad. Seems to be a problem with other people, but i can't seem to find a fix. Still like to know what the recomendations are though while i buy another wifi adapter...
(2013-09-03, 20:56)rbej Wrote: [ -> ]Please adopted to Frodo.

Can't do it today. The new audio setting is trickier with Frodo.
Latest Frodo Build running good, i have no reboot problems etc.
(2013-09-03, 21:19)chrlau5 Wrote: [ -> ]Live TV with Mediaportal as backend with IPTV channels and then start playback causes the RPI to reboot 99% of the time.
Sometimes after rebooting it can start the same channels as the one just causing the reboot. It just says "Working" and then with a second or 2 it restarts XBMC.
Other times it says working for a sec. or two and then nothing happens and the system is not frozen and I can just try again sometimes with same result other times it restarts XBMC.

When Live TV is working there are no problems changing channels.

Could anyone look at my logs and someone maybe fix this problem? Would be so awesome to use them at my childrens rooms for tv playback.

Logs: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0...sp=sharing

I don't have the answer for you I'm afraid but just the other, using a recent Gotham build, I had the Mediaportal PVR working fine with one PC as the server but when I changed it to another PC it was rebooting the RPi for me too every time I tried to start a channel. I think I managed to fix it by re-installing MP (1.5pre) on the PC as well as the TVServerXBMC plugin on the PC, so you might want to try that.

I was only using Freeview though, not IPTV, so it might not be the solution for you.
Apologies if this is a known / discussed issue .....

I've been noticing some strange CPU utilisation while on the main Movie list page (viewed across SSH via 'top'). This is with latest rbej frodo build but I have also seen similar issue with recent gotham builds too. Library is accessed across a NFS share and datebase is MySQL on separate NAS. Default Confluence skin with scrolling plot disabled.

The utility of CPU seems highly dependent on what view is selected. In 'thumbnail' view I see CPU use of around 30%. This rises to 40% in 'list' or 'big list', to around 60% in the 'media info' views, right up to close on 90% when in 'thumbnail' view. However when I remain in 'thumbnail' view but select 'hide information' in the side panel options CPU drops to around 30% !!!

Why would the display of this info take such a large amount of processing? Especially with scrolling plot disabled. Is there any other settings that may effect this?
doesnt anyone know how to get transmission, first time i`ve used one of these builds, cant seem to find it