Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: CEC remote unmap
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi.

I use a Sony Tv remote and I am able to remap keys, but, is possible to unmap keys?
I prefer one of the keys of the remote doing his original work in the tv instead of doing it in xbmc.

Regards
In general no, that's a decision made by TV. You can't request individual buttons to be forwarded or not.
The TV may choose to forward a different subset of button based on the class of device (e.g. player or recorder),
but that is a very coarse control and unlikely to do what you want (and can't be changed without altering libcec code).
HI, in my Sony KDL-42R475A it works. If I unmap a key (for example channel up and down) the command pass to TV.
(2014-04-06, 18:11)Tarloth Wrote: [ -> ]HI, in my Sony KDL-42R475A it works. If I unmap a key (for example channel up and down) the command pass to TV.

Hi.

How do you unmap keys?

Regards
Delete elements from remote.xml
(2014-04-07, 22:31)Tarloth Wrote: [ -> ]Delete elements from remote.xml

That will have no effect on whether the button is forwarded through CEC or handled by the TV.
When i power on my Pi I get the CEC connected message on my Sony TV and the HDMI device list also shows the Pi but none of the remote buttons do
anything. Is there anything else i need to configure for the remote to work. Where is this remote.xml file and do i need to change anything in it ?. Any help is
appreciated getting the physical remote to work for my parents wud be awesome instead of the smartphone app which they hate. Cheers !

Remote# RM-YD017
Also have the PS3 remote BTW
(2014-04-07, 22:39)popcornmix Wrote: [ -> ]That will have no effect on whether the button is forwarded through CEC or handled by the TV.

PopCornMix, yes, it do, but i donĀ“t know what. If I remove entries from remote.xml the buttons that do something in RPI (for example "options") now is processed by TV.

I did not study the CEC protocol, buy i think that SONY send the command to RPI and if RPI not acknowledge the command then the TV use his native function.
Have you thought about alternatives?
I saw a posting yesterday where the use of a non-CEC HDMI cable was suggested - a bit drastic, but it might be better in this case
(2014-04-07, 22:31)Tarloth Wrote: [ -> ]Delete elements from remote.xml

The one in /usr/share/xbmc/system/keymaps?