Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Computer can connect to SMB shares but XMBC cannot
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just bought a new mac mini today and have been working to get it in place as my new HTPC. I should probably also mention that this is my first Mac. The Mac's OS is 10.8.3, XBMC 12.3, and UnRaid 4.5.6. And here's the problem: I'm using SMB with unraid, since that's all that's supported with that version of it. From my Mac, I'm able to "connect to server" fine, and can access all the shares and move data around, use it, etc, just as I should. However, when I try to connect add a network location to XBMC that is one of those shares, I get "XBMC was unable to connect to the network location..." I have no idea why XBMC cannot see it when the OS can. I'm sure I'm missing something somewhere, but can't for the life of me figure out what. Please, oh please, help.

Thanks
Solution found, posting in case someone else runs into the same trouble. In my case, somehow the workgroup setting for UnRaid got changed to be different from my windows pc's. The result was that the windows pc was the primary workgroup, which the mac joined, preventing it from being able to see unraid. As soon as I changed the workgroup on unraid to match, everything became immediately available.