Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMCee - Ultimate XBMC Controller for iPhone and iPad
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

XBMCee is a full featured XBMC - KODI remote. You can browse, sort, search, share and filter your library of Movies, Music, TV Shows and Photos right on your iPad or iPhone. Optimized for iOS8 and iPhone 6, 6-Plus with Notification Widget to control your now playing playlist.

http://www.xbmcee.com

-------------------------------------------------
Please note: XBMCee ONLY support XBMC v12.0 "Frodo" and v13.0 "Gotham". Release v1.2 has also been briefly tested on KODI/XBMC v14.0 "Helix"
-------------------------------------------------

XBMCee has features all built keeping you in mind!

1.1 General
Remote control with lot of options
Gesture based navigation with Keyboard support
Control XBMC's volume
View what's playing and manage currently playing playlist
Easy navigation and playback functions including changing audio language, subtitles and more
Now playing screen allows skipping, seeking, stop and pause

1.2 Music Library
Cover art is shown where available
Browse by album, artist, genre
View artists information when filtering by Artists
Sort based on date added, release year and alphabetical. Including search option
List all albums and songs of an artist
Browse Sources and/or files directly
Play and queue your songs directly without having to turn on your TV.
Play songs using Party mode

1.3 Movie Library
Browse by title, genre, actors and Movie sets.
Sort based on date added, release year and alphabetical. Including search option
Displays movie poster and actor thumbs where available.
Go to IMBD for movies and watch trailers right on your iPhone/iPad when available.
Browse Sources and/or files directly

1.4 TV Shows Library
Browse by show, season, episode.
Dynamic thumb rendering with wide banner support
Displays episode and show details

1.5 Photos
Browse your photo folder and play them on your XBMC

1.6 Downloads
Download music, movies and photos on your iPhone/iPad to play them on your iOS device. This feature only supports formats which can be natively played on your iOS device.

Visit http://www.xbmcee.com to get started or search for it in the app store

Updating this post made me realize that we have come a long way since XBMCee was launched... Thank you for the support and the suggestions which helps us keeping the app best in class.
It's so beautifull it maked me cry...

One day i hope to see addon browsing support

And get a donate button you deserve it!
Doesn't work for me. Now playing shows me info's but no library is there ... maybe MySQL problem ?
Looks good, but can it act as a remote if xbmc is on the profile selection (login) screen, ie. allow the user to choose a profile? Other ios apps can't seem to be able to do that, though the official android remote can.
Anyway to hide watched?
Is there anyway of getting posters to display for movies? and if I change the sort method of my TV / Movies once closing and restarting the app it defaults make to displaying by newest first, anyway of saving my sort method?

Great app otherwise, look forward to see what this becomes

Thanks
Hi There,
loks nice, but i got several Problems here.
First let me state that the connection works and TV shows are presented, also the Filebrowser works well.
What do not work:
1) Movie library is empty and refresh local library do not help
2) All Genres are listed, but it would be nice to have them sorted
3) Playback screen looks great, but it would be nice to have shortcuts to change the language/subtitle for the movie

Right now for me the showstopper is that the movie library is always empty
Best Regards
Thomas
Hey FreshLimeSoda,

Great app you have put out there. Really liking it. I have been comparing it too some others and I prefer to use XBMCee because it looks like a iOS7'ish app. I don't like the old gray/black/blue old iOS design apps, those apps don't give me the feeling I am using a nifty modern app to controll my RPI+XBMC.

I have tested Remote (€4,95 appstore) and xbmcRemote (free) and XBMC Commander (€2,68 appstore).
- Remote has also got a fresh look but it lacked some juiceyness in browsing the movies and TV shows.
- xbmcRemote is the one with the most functions and I have used it a lot for configuring my sources.
- XBMC Commander has got nice features but its design is just not iOS7'ish up to date
- And thats exactly where XBMCee has a nice feature set (lacking some stuff IMHO, listed below) but the workflow is just so nice. I would gladly pay a couple of euro's for the app.

Anyhow I have a few questions:

- Are you planning to introduce a home button, instead of only a back button?
- Are you planning to introduce support for gestures?
- Are you planning to introduce a keyboard function?
- When I press the 'watch trailer' button, the app gives me an error 'Error Playing!' (no further details) Is this something I should configure on my XBMC or is the error app-based?
- I can not add movies to the playlist/queue from within the app, is that an upcoming feature as well?
- I can not access the video plugins from within the app, is that a choice you guys made?
- I am missing the 'info' button in the interface to request info on a selected item from the XBMC menu/file listing, any plans?
- What features do you guys have planned out for the near future?

Would be glad to hear from you. Thanks for making a kickass app.

Cheers, d!
@deeds

Thank you. That is a great encouragement.

Yes we plan on adding the home button, gestures and keyboard. In fact we had this in our 0.9 version but removed it as we found it to have some issue with few installations of XBMC. Good thing about XBMC is that you can virtually install it anywhere but testing/support becomes nightmarish.

YouTube recently changes some API's and so the play trailer is broken. This will be fixed in our next release.

Plugins are something we are still working on and will be in future releases.

As for the next release we have some exciting things lined up

- Some really cool iOS7 animations and transitions.
- Menu on top allowing deeper navigation.
- Allow connecting your Facebook to XBMCee and so now you can like, review, recommend movies directly to facebook. You can also post photos from your photo library.
- Movies/Music search in iPhone

Few more features which might or might not make it before the release date but we are working hard to make sure it does

- Music geofencing which allows you to setup geo fencing and so music "Party" mode auto plays when you enters or exits a region.
- YouTube feature which allows you to search for YouTube videos and play directly on your device or stream it to XBMC.

We are really excited about this new release and hopefully you will enjoy it as well

@Thomas
Not sure what is going wrong with the Library in your case. Do you have a very large library? Try doing a sort after library update. May be the local phone screen is not updating...

When the movie is playing you will see a "More" option button on the playback screen. That should allow you to change language/subtitles for the movie.

Sorting Genres - Great feedback and will incorporate in the next release.

(2014-02-23, 08:22)Linusorg Wrote: [ -> ]Hi There,
loks nice, but i got several Problems here.
First let me state that the connection works and TV shows are presented, also the Filebrowser works well.
What do not work:
1) Movie library is empty and refresh local library do not help
2) All Genres are listed, but it would be nice to have them sorted
3) Playback screen looks great, but it would be nice to have shortcuts to change the language/subtitle for the movie

Right now for me the showstopper is that the movie library is always empty
Best Regards
Thomas

We have add the Remember Sort option in the next release.

(2014-02-21, 22:02)jakks Wrote: [ -> ]Is there anyway of getting posters to display for movies? and if I change the sort method of my TV / Movies once closing and restarting the app it defaults make to displaying by newest first, anyway of saving my sort method?

Great app otherwise, look forward to see what this becomes

Thanks

Were you able to get past this problem? Try closing and reopening the app after the library update.

(2014-02-17, 23:18)MarkusK Wrote: [ -> ]Doesn't work for me. Now playing shows me info's but no library is there ... maybe MySQL problem ?
Hey FreshLimeSoda,
i do indeed have a huge lib (above 5000 Movies), no sort or refresh helped so far.
I am using an ipad air or ipad mini (late 2013) as remote, other remote controlls display the content of the lib, only XBMCee does not.
no idea why.
TV-Show are working great and i would love to get the movie section as well, fresh ios7 design with a great look :-)

As of sorting:
i would like to see the genres list sorted ( got 20 Genres and the list show up unsorted so far)

Movie:
i am just guessing here so if some of the features are already implemented just let me know:

1) playback: choose movie language and subtitle with an easy click
2) movie list : indicator for Movie sets

Best Regards
Thomas
Got this app and does not work just can not get it past the setup screen. I have 4 other xbmc remote apps that all work but this one has some sort of connection problems.
Nice app Smile Good work!

I also have some questions/feature request Smile

- Is it possible to automatically open the navigation panel / home, when starting a movie?
- Is it possible to remove unused tabs, ex. i don't use tv shows, photos, and music.
- I think it could be nice when you have selected a movie, just to be able to tab on the screen to go back (Instead of the "<movies" in the left upper corner)

And also +1 for keybaord/gesture support and trailer support.
How do u get this to work. I have put the ip port and user password on but it will not connect. ? I have other remote apps which work. So I can not figure out why it's not working.

Thanks.
(2014-03-24, 08:59)meridius Wrote: [ -> ]How do u get this to work. I have put the ip port and user password on but it will not connect. ? I have other remote apps which work. So I can not figure out why it's not working.

Thanks.

Username? and password if specified..
I think i have found a bug, when searching for a movie, i cannot seem to find any "logical" way to show all movies again..

- Deleting search string doesnt help.
- Going back to home and back to movies again, doesnt help

Only possible way i have found is to click "Genres-->All Genres". This is not very intuitive....?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11