Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: VISUALIX - Fully responsive web interface
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi everyone,

I have been working on a web interface for a while now, and finally feel confident enough to post it on the forums.
So ... Here it is. Hope you like it!

Visualix
Visualix is a fully responsive web interface for XBMC.
You can use it to browse your movies and tv shows, perform a quick search in your library and start the movie on XBMC.

Author
Nick Sevens

Web
- https://github.com/trickass/webinterface.visualix

Requirements
- XBMC v12 or 13

Installation
Download the source code and add it to your XBMC addons folder (on windows: %appdata%\XBMC\Addons) and set the addon to be your default webinterface.

Features
- Browse recently added movies and tv series
- Browse all movies in the XBMC library
- Browse all tvshows, seasons and episodes in the XBMC library
- Perform a quick search on your XBMC library
- Start movies/episodes from your browser

Libraries
Visualix was developed using following libraries:

- XBMC JSON-RPC library
- Twitter Bootstrap v3
- jQuery
- KnockoutJS
- Durandal

Screenshots

Thanks for you work! Looks really stunning! Nice ;-)
Will give it a try, when I'm at home.

Do you plan to also integrate a music panel into your web interface?
Maybe you can contact the developer of chorus: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=183451
That's another stunning looking web interface. But only for music.... Undecided

Both projects together would be realy nice ;-)
(2014-02-19, 12:57)CM000n Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for you work! Looks really stunning! Nice ;-)
Will give it a try, when I'm at home.

Do you plan to also integrate a music panel into your web interface?
Maybe you can contact the developer of chorus: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=183451
That's another stunning looking web interface. But only for music.... Undecided

Both projects together would be realy nice ;-)

I wasn't planning on adding music, for the simple reason that I don't use music at all.
Might add it in a future version though. I'll keep it in mind Smile
Can you please add:
* queue button for movies and tv episodes
* play next unwatched quick-button for TV Shows (plays next unwatched from oldest season) and Seasons (plays next unwatched from this season)
* play next unwatched and queue all remaining unwatched button for TV Shows and Seasons
(2014-02-20, 21:36)raynerape Wrote: [ -> ]Can you please add:
* queue button for movies and tv episodes
* play next unwatched quick-button for TV Shows (plays next unwatched from oldest season) and Seasons (plays next unwatched from this season)
* play next unwatched and queue all remaining unwatched button for TV Shows and Seasons

I'll see what I can do Smile

i just keep getting stuck on loading application

RPi running openelec 3.2.4

any ideas ?
(2014-02-24, 12:44)swetoast Wrote: [ -> ]Image

i just keep getting stuck on loading application

RPi running openelec 3.2.4

any ideas ?

Not really, to be honest Confused
What you could do is set debugging to true in main.js (in /App folder)
Then perhaps some more info about the issue will be available in your browser console.
same issue with chorus

seems there is an issue for that open at github

https://github.com/jez500/chorus/issues/3

could be the same solution gonna try it later atm im just configuring my new cubieboard that i got from china Big Grin
i had this to initially with Chorus but now it works
simply beautiful and well done..

i have 3 requests:
1 for the search function, can you add years to the movies and add the show title to the episode search results
2 can there be an option to change the white background to a dark grey, the white is just a bit bright when in a dark room
3 center the recent items on the home screen

thanks, and again, nice work.
(2014-02-26, 14:53)Martijn Wrote: [ -> ]i had this to initially with Chorus but now it works

Did you do anything special to get it to work ?
(2014-02-26, 20:42)el_cabong Wrote: [ -> ]simply beautiful and well done..

i have 3 requests:
1 for the search function, can you add years to the movies and add the show title to the episode search results
2 can there be an option to change the white background to a dark grey, the white is just a bit bright when in a dark room
3 center the recent items on the home screen

thanks, and again, nice work.

1. Show title and movie year have been added to search results.
2. I'm looking into a way to easily save settings for the interface. When I find a decent way of doing this, layout options might be one of the changeable things in the skin. However, I'm not a fan of a dark background myself, so I won't change this in the default look.
3. Centering the items looks weird to me, to be honest, so I won't change this directly. If you really want the results centered, you could add text-align: center; to the .section class in the file css/visualix.min.js (around character nr. 3850)
Please drop the gui dependency from addon.xml
That should only apply to skins/scripts.

Do remember that there will be some differences between Frodo and gotham jsonrpc. You can detect which is being used by requesting the JSON-RPC version and act accordingly
I honestly love this thing. I'll hold off on too major feature requests ATM though, as I assume you're still implementing your own features. Out of curiosity though, do you ultimately plan on implementing things like a Now Playing control interface, or are you sticking primarily with search functionality?
(2014-02-28, 00:30)Martijn Wrote: [ -> ]Please drop the gui dependency from addon.xml
That should only apply to skins/scripts.

Do remember that there will be some differences between Frodo and gotham jsonrpc. You can detect which is being used by requesting the JSON-RPC version and act accordingly

Oke, thank you Martijn.
I'll keep it in mind!

(2014-02-28, 09:55)natethomas Wrote: [ -> ]I honestly love this thing. I'll hold off on too major feature requests ATM though, as I assume you're still implementing your own features. Out of curiosity though, do you ultimately plan on implementing things like a Now Playing control interface, or are you sticking primarily with search functionality?

Thanks for the enthousiasm Smile

My main focus was indeed browsing the library.
However, I do feel that a control interface is something that should be included in a future version. It would make it much more useful I think.
Pages: 1 2 3