Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: What empty tiles can be configured to?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, first I'd like to thank you for the fantastic skin!
There are many empty tiles for customization, I understand that I can use them for add-ons, but I don't have that many add-ons, what else they can be configured to? Any possibility to remove some of them? Thank you in advance!
Add-ons, playlists, favourites and with the custom type anything you want.
(2014-02-19, 20:13)`Black Wrote: [ -> ]Add-ons, playlists, favourites and with the custom type anything you want.
Thank you!
I guess I'm not creative enough, but could you please give some examples on custom types that are normally used with the skin?
The only time I have used the custom option is to set tiles to launch different things outside of XBMC ie Steam Big Picture Mode. Now that I am runing Windows 8.1 though with a remote that supports multi gesture I just launch everything including XBMC from the windows 8.1 start screen.
Video Nodes are quite cool, not sure if you can set them using a custom type but you can in my mod: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Video_nodes

Useful for example if you want to map a tile to go directly to the "movies" section of an add-on (e.g. iPlayer etc)

Other things I find quite useful is to have a top250 tile, a trailers tile...

It's all down to how you want it in the end of the day
i have mine set to kids movies, adults (not adult) movies, foreign cinema, IMDB top 250 (just for fun). I have links to jump to Netflix, hulu, pandora and spotify. I have PC games, wii emulated games, MAME

options are endless