Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC Bug! (Wrong "Linknaming" in Musicnavigation!!!)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This Bug Exists now since dharma or maby before.

And i think its FINALY Time to Fix it!!

There are Wrong Namings in Musicnavigation!

Genre Browsing: all Fine so far:

|
click
|

After cklicking on the Genre ->"Link-naming" is Wrong.
(it shuld call "All Albums" caus when i click on it it guides me to All Albums)

(click)

Next: So in the next Cathegory also Wrong "Link"-Naming! (After clicking on "All Artists" it shows me now "All Albums". and theres also a Mistake.)
(It shuld call "All Tracks" because if i click on it, it shows me all Tracks!)

You Propably notice that in the abouth Picure (all Tracks) you can see also a Mistake. (upper left corner) Where you can read "Music Library * All Albums" while im now seeing all Tracks (from all Albums or whatever from this Genre.

its pretty much confusing to navigate thru this Navigation. So i realy Hope this get Fixed now with Gotham!!

regards

(Hope did Post this Report on the right Place, if not Please move it.)
Not being a programmer myself it's hard to comment, but I guess a quick/universal fix for Gotham could be to just change it to "list all" and exclude the words album, artist, etc.
Should indeed be a easy fix.

Im also not in to c++, but i guess its just about chanching the "labels" / label Nr.'s. + Propaplay adding a additional Label (see Picture below -> yellow)

So:

"All Artists" should call "All Albums / Compilations"
"All Albums" should call "All Tracks"/"All Songs"

Thats it!!

Then all be Correct no mather if you Browsing thru Genre or by Artist.
------------------
(this Picture equals the second Picture above)
The first 'bug' is correct as you're listing All Artist's albums.
All Albums!!! (from All Artists) its Pretty misleading.

(you see all Artists and there the "Link" should Call "All Albums"
Not sure here... thinking it through... bug vs interpretation?

You click on "Pop". It presents a list of all artists that have pop songs: in your example, Xavier Naidoo, Usher, etc. - from here, you can then drill down by artist if you fancy a bit of old Tom "yr Llais" Jones, for example.

Alternatively, you can say "don't show me the albums by artist - just show me everything from all artists".

So, you click on "All artists". You now get a list of all pop albums for all artists: 21, 36grad, etc.

You now have another link - "All albums". As I see it, this now takes you to all pop tracks on all albums - hence 01. xxxx, 01. yyyy, and so on.

I'd agree that it's not necessarily clear, but it's not necessarily wrong either.

I think...! Huh
Beleve me its a Bug!

(2014-02-25, 19:45)Prof Yaffle Wrote: [ -> ]Not sure here... thinking it through... bug vs interpretation?

You click on "Pop". It presents a list of all artists that have pop songs: in your example, Xavier Naidoo, Usher, etc. - from here, you can then drill down by artist if you fancy a bit of old Tom "yr Llais" Jones, for example.

Alternatively, you can say "don't show me the albums by artist - just show me everything from all artists".

So, you click on "All artists". You now get a list of all pop albums for all artists: 21, 36grad, etc.

You now have another link - "All albums". As I see it, this now takes you to all pop tracks on all albums - hence 01. xxxx, 01. yyyy, and so on.

I'd agree that it's not necessarily clear, but it's not necessarily wrong either.

I think...! Huh

Browse by Genre or by Artist nd see for your self.

if You click on the Artist, lets say "Tom Jones" it shows you all Albums and a "Link" to all "Single" tracks of Tom Jones. which is correct.

but the Link (in the upper Left) in this view should call "All Albums" (not "all Artists") couse if you click on it it shows you all Albums!! (from all Artists)

lets make it easy:

(in the Picturs underneath "All Albums (from All Artists)" if you like it this way better.
I did go through just that. That's my point (and Hitcher's): it's not a bug as such, it's just not clear.

From your top level, you can say show me all of Tom Jones' songs (so click on Tom to get his tracks), or show me everyone's songs (so click on "All Artists").

Similarly, once you're in that All Artists view, XBMC is saying here are the songs from all artists, arranged for you by album - but, if you don't want that, and want show me all the songs on all albums instead then you click on "All Albums" and voilĂ .

I'm not defending it, as I need to think about it for it to make sense and that means it's not clear (or it means I'm slow, either could be true). I'm just trying to understand it and explain it.
(2014-02-25, 20:05)Prof Yaffle Wrote: [ -> ]or show me everyone's songs (so click on "All Artists").
it doesnt show you everiones Songs it shows you everiones Albums. -> so it shuld call "All Albums" as mentioned before.

If ur on a Homepage and you click on lets say "Impressum" it guies you to "impressum".
So sry. but still no Idea here why "All Artists" should guide you to All Albums (from All Artists)
just my thoughts.

sry just didnt get the point.
(just didn't get ur point, for me its pretty clear.)

guess someone else got to decide, im not the judge.
Okay, I'm done - I'm not going to argue, I was merely trying to explore how I believe the behaviour could be explained. I did specifically say that I wasn't trying to defend it, only explain it.

If you're convinced it's a bug and not a difference of interpretation - and I genuinely don't know - by all means go and raise a ticket.
All Artists == "Show me everything in this genre from all these artists, not just one of the artists listed".

All Albums == "Show me everything in this genre/artist from all these albums, not just one of the albums listed".

So yeah, it's exactly correct under that interpretation. Whether or not it's better some other way I'm not sure - I can definitely see the argument though.

(A better naming would be "All Rock albums" or "All Rock songs by U2" or whatever. This gets a bit complicated though, right?
@JM - I wondered that, but it means carrying the genre query forwards and re-using it in the label string. That's potentially messy.

Any permutation of "all <xyz> in genre"? Somehow we need to convey "all artists" versus "the specific artist hiding behind this icon".
I, again, propose my suggestion of simplifying it to just "List all" :)

It could list all planets in the solar system, list all ingredients in a cake, list all albums, or whatever. A simple label where we don't have to worry about the details. If I understand correctly (and maybe I don't) the context of the window you are in should explain what "list all" would mean in that situation.
Makes more sense. Nod
+1 for Occam's Razor, I suspect...!
Pages: 1 2