Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Live TV not working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ok I posted before and got no responses - I think this was my fault, I wasn't in the best forum and perhaps didn't give enough info. I'm hoping to address that here with a fresh post!

Front End
Zotac Zbox ID86 (Atom D2550 / Nvidia GT 610 / 4GB RAM)
xbmcbuntu - (12.3 originally, now fresh install and upgrade to 13.0-ALPHA1 Git:8eb49b3 but same issue)
i686 / 3.5.0-46-generic

Back End
Intel Celeron / 4GB RAM / Turbosight TBS6285 quad DVB card
mythbuntu 12.04.3 / 0.27
x86_64 / 3.8.0-29-generic

What DOES work:
EPG, recording announcements, all other parts of XBMC including videos on my NAS, pretty much everything except:

What does NOT work:
Playing a TV stream (live or recorded) from the Myth Backend. (NB I know the backend 'works' as such, as a pure myth client will play streams fine).

>> Error message in GUI <<

>> Full debug log <<

Things I have tried:
Different versions of XBMC (as per above)
Reinstallation
Checked full perms in Myth DB, created new user with full privs
Different stream types (mpeg2 / H.264)
Running pure mythbuntu as frontend (works)

Hope that's enough info, but let me know if I've missed something. Desperately hoping to get this sorted as I *really* love my new media centre!
That is not a full debug log. Please post one from when XBMC starts up.
(2014-03-04, 07:42)nickr Wrote: [ -> ]That is not a full debug log. Please post one from when XBMC starts up.

Sorry, try >> this one <<
Three errors that I can pick out from >> backend log <<

Quote:Mar 4 09:15:26 tower mythbackend[1768]: E ProcessRequest programinfo.cpp:2278 (GetPlaybackURL) ProgramInfo(1104_20140303235000.mpg): GetPlaybackURL: '1104_20140303235000.mpg' should be local, but it can not be found.

Quote:Mar 4 09:16:03 tower mythbackend[1768]: E ProcessRequest fileringbuffer.cpp:289 (OpenFile) FileRingBuf(/var/lib/mythtv/livetv/1001_20140304091600.mpg): OpenFile(): File too small (0B).

Quote:Mar 4 09:16:33 tower mythbackend[1768]: C ProcessRequest mainserver.cpp:1259 (HandleVersion) MainServer::HandleVersion - Client speaks protocol version 8 but we speak 72!
What version of mythtv does your cmyth pvr plugin support?
(2014-03-05, 21:10)nickr Wrote: [ -> ]What version of mythtv does your cmyth pvr plugin support?

0.27 AFAIK
..as in, I know that people have 0.27 working with 12.2 xbmcbuntu setups, and I've tried both 12.2 and 13.0 - I believe the plugin comes preinstalled if I remember correctly? I've done so many wipes and installs on various devices over the last few days I'm starting to lose track! Wink
Go into Settings|Addons and look at what it says about what version of myth is supported.
Yes, does support 0.27 - http://postimg.org/image/kuiqpzh5f/
OK the
Code:
Client speaks protocol version 8 but we speak 72!
is not a problem. Myth's method of establishing the protocol to use goes like this:

client: I speak protocol 8, is that OK
server: Don't be silly I only speak protocol 72
client: yeah that's OK thanks for letting me know, I speak 72 just fine

The message
Code:
Client speaks protocol version 8 but we speak 72!
is just part of that transaction.

Other than that it does seem that something is wrong and you are ending up with zero byte files. The fact though that it works with mythfrontend but not xbmc is weird.

Is /var/lib/mythtv/livetv in fact set up in mythtv-setup as the recording group for live TV?

Do recordings show up in xbmc, ie are they listed, even if unplayable?

PS I looked at your screenshot in Post #1, just watched that episode of Silk two nights ago. My wife's favourite show LOL.
(2014-03-06, 04:49)nickr Wrote: [ -> ]Is /var/lib/mythtv/livetv in fact set up in mythtv-setup as the recording group for live TV?
Yes, although it's not setup the same as 'default', which is on another disk - /media/raid/video/pvr - , is that an issue? I've checked to make sure mythtv has rw access to both....
(2014-03-06, 04:49)nickr Wrote: [ -> ]Do recordings show up in xbmc, ie are they listed, even if unplayable?
Yes, they show up, and the recorded ones (which are on the second, raided volume) are valid files...
(2014-03-06, 04:49)nickr Wrote: [ -> ]PS I looked at your screenshot in Post #1, just watched that episode of Silk two nights ago. My wife's favourite show LOL.
You can't beat a decent bit of courtroom drama Smile
is your livetv folder set up to be a mounted directory that points to a NAS? I had an issue similar to that when I set mine up, and it was because it was too much for myth to stream it to a NAS for buffering, and then pull it back from the NAS and send it to a client, all at once... I had to attach a local HDD to my backend.
(2014-03-09, 18:02)NoHesitation Wrote: [ -> ]is your livetv folder set up to be a mounted directory that points to a NAS? I had an issue similar to that when I set mine up, and it was because it was too much for myth to stream it to a NAS for buffering, and then pull it back from the NAS and send it to a client, all at once... I had to attach a local HDD to my backend.

The raid volume is local, all drives on the same SATA card, and it's raid 10, so in *theory*, Myth should be loving it I would have thought.

Should the live tv files stay, or do they get deleted? I'm pulling the filenames from the log, and I can't find even zero byte files anywhere on the filesystem, nor can I find them anywhere else in the log apart from where it's failing to find them?!

EDIT: I've checked all the permissions obviously, and even 777'd all the directories...
Live TV files are kept by default for 24 or 48 hours, and then expired. Expired files are also kept until the disk gets full enough to have to delete them altogether.

Take a look at mythweb, click on "Recorded Programmes" and change the "Show Group" to "Live TV".
Ok, so I'm trying to stream a channel - the program shows up in Mythweb, but it can't find the file - after a minute or so, the file disappears from Mythweb also (I guess this is because it doesn't exist and it's doing some form of housekeeping?).

This is the latest show up in the log...
Code:
Mar 11 19:05:52 tower mythbackend[1954]: I ProcessRequest mainserver.cpp:1475 (HandleAnnounce) MainServer::HandleAnnounce FileTransfer
Mar 11 19:05:52 tower mythbackend[1954]: I ProcessRequest mainserver.cpp:1477 (HandleAnnounce) adding: zbox as a remote file transfer
Mar 11 19:05:53 tower mythbackend[1954]: E ProcessRequest fileringbuffer.cpp:289 (OpenFile) FileRingBuf(/media/raid/video/pvr/1101_20140311190552.mpg): OpenFile(): File too small (0B).
Mar 11 19:05:53 tower mythbackend[1954]: I ProcessRequest mainserver.cpp:1475 (HandleAnnounce) MainServer::HandleAnnounce FileTransfer
Mar 11 19:05:53 tower mythbackend[1954]: I ProcessRequest mainserver.cpp:1477 (HandleAnnounce) adding: zbox as a remote file transfer
Mar 11 19:05:54 tower mythbackend[1954]: E ProcessRequest fileringbuffer.cpp:289 (OpenFile) FileRingBuf(/media/raid/video/pvr/1101_20140311190552.mpg): OpenFile(): File too small (0B).
Pages: 1 2