Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Gotham - Addons Won't download.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I've got a fresh install of OpenElec latest beta 3.95.1.

I can't install any add ons via the menu. I also can't install any addons via the .zip files.

Network is verified as working. My router shows a lot of 403 errors when my xbmc tries to download or install addons.

Any help would be great.
Anything... I've reinstalled from scratch... Downloaded the .zip from the correct Gotham repo...

Seriously... is there a RTFM error here>?
Set debug, try to install 1 addon, post the log.

See my signature for instructions.
It's weird, I see entries like the following in the log:

Quote:20:36:22 T:140657444230912 DEBUG: FileManager: copy http://mirrors.xbmc.org/addons/frodo/met...-3.7.3.zip -> special://home/addons/packages/metadata.themoviedb.org-3.7.7.zip
20:36:22 T:140657444230912 DEBUG: CurlFile::Open(0x7fed40035850) http://mirrors.xbmc.org/addons/frodo/met...-3.7.7.zip
:
:
20:36:42 T:140657444230912 ERROR: CCurlFile::FillBuffer - Failed: Timeout was reached(28)
20:36:42 T:140657444230912 ERROR: CCurlFile::CReadState::Connect, didn't get any data from stream.
20:36:42 T:140657444230912 ERROR: DeleteFile - cant delete file </storage/.xbmc/addons/packages/metadata.themoviedb.org-3.7.7.zip>. trying lower case </storage/.xbmc/addons/packages/metadata.themoviedb.org-3.7.7.zip>
20:36:42 T:140657055479552 NOTICE: Thread BackgroundLoader start, auto delete: false
Which indicates that it couldn't access the data from the web, but why that should be I don't know. I've just copied the web reference "http://mirrors.xbmc.org/addons/frodo/metadata.themoviedb.org/metadata.themoviedb.org-3.7.7.zip" into a browser and the file is transferred immediately.

Could you try on your system to see if you can transfer the file via a browser?
Here's what I got from a SSH session on the box in question...

XBMC:~/downloads # wget mirrors.xbmc.org/addons/frodo/metadata.themoviedb.org/me
tadata.themoviedb.org-3.7.7.zip
Connecting to mirrors.xbmc.org (89.16.176.16:80)
Connecting to mirror.us.leaseweb.net (108.59.10.97:80)
metadata.themoviedb. 100% |*****************************************************| 106k 0:00:00 ETA
XBMC:~/downloads #
Still wont install though
Went back to Frodo.... did hard reset... still cant install plugins... WTF
I'm sorry you are still having problems. If you are connecting to your router via WiFi I would try using an Ethernet cable. I know I'm clutching at straws, but I don't know what else to suggest. Did you buy the box + XBMC as a package from a supplier? If so, you may be able to get some support from him.
Already wired... been using this machine everyday for a few years
Same issue here, looking through logs currently
http://pastebin.com/xWaStNqN

Unable to download anything from the repo - just sits at 0% downloaded and then disappears, no error.
I am on Windows though, so may be unrelated to this thread. In this case, apologies for the hi-jack.
Same problem here on Ubuntu 12.04 (Yeah, I really need to upgrade).
(2014-05-08, 18:19)djones000 Wrote: [ -> ]Same problem here on Ubuntu 12.04 (Yeah, I really need to upgrade).

Running Gotham on Fire tv. Same problem. I can't install add ons, can't download and change skins either. I switched from the ouya version which was mostly working and I didn't have this issue.
Same problem. I won't bother giving a Debug Log though like you guys always request, cause, um, um....
Having the same problem.

Add-Ons installed fine yesterday, today, no dice.

What I did notice, is that the skin package I tried installing is in the ~/.xbmc/addons/packages/ directory, and the message ERROR: DeleteFile - cant delete file </storage/.xbmc/addons/packages/package_name appears in the log after the curl messages.

I tried to install the zip file, but that failed as well.

As I said, it was working fine yesterday. I did install Confluence Custom Mod v3 though. hmmm. Will report back.
Pages: 1 2 3