Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC with HD Homerun Plus (Trancsoding Device)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Long time lurker, XBMC user here and there.

So, currently I have a WMC box and it works great, I also have a synology ds1512+, and an hd homerun. Originally I wanted to use tvheadend with my synology and hd home run and switch to xbmc however the slow channel change and tvheadends lack of support on the atom based nas shot that down.

So fast forward to today. I have a HD Homerun Plus which transcodes on the fly. I fired up xbmc and added it via upnp...and it works FANTASTIC. So the question is. Is there a way to leverage this device directly into xbmc and gain PVR and guide functions.

With the equipment I listed above, what doe you think the best options are.
(2014-03-12, 18:11)Dilligaf Wrote: [ -> ]http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=188144

I've been watching that thread. I'm looking to probably kill the WMC box all together and maybe use a different low powered and maybe record to the NAS
With the TV Guide program add on you can set up the HDHomerun for live tv with an xmltv guide (mc2xml will convert the WMC guide to xml) but no recording/timeshifting. I'm not sure how hard it would be to add recording/timeshift.
I think there is huge promise for this device
(2014-03-12, 19:21)Dilligaf Wrote: [ -> ]With the TV Guide program add on you can set up the HDHomerun for live tv with an xmltv guide (mc2xml will convert the WMC guide to xml) but no recording/timeshifting. I'm not sure how hard it would be to add recording/timeshift.

That's what I do right now and let wmc handle all the recording. Don't really use timeshift.