Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: 2 Sources with same name problem?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

I've only just started to get my head around EMM, and only just found how to add my second source.... (I Know, Don't Laugh, noob time)...

Well Here's my question, I started out with a simple one movie on a thumb drive connected to my router, this was for testing purposes. This source is Z;\Movies now I would like to add my second source, an External HD which has a folder named Movies but is at R:\Movies and it seems EMM will not let me add this source, I would have thought having different drive letters would have been enough, but would I be correct in stating that the name of the source also has to be different?

Also one other small thing, the Icons that show the information about any single movie, I have found that i have many with just a single ? inside them...

For instance, my copy of "Human Traffic" comes up as ? xvid SDp mp3 2.0 ? I have realized what the last ? mark is due to the scrapper finding the Studio, "Irish Screen", so it's my understanding that the studio icon is not available, (I have downloaded and installed the extra studio icon packs).

but does any one know what the first ? is.

My version of media info shows the file as this:

Complete name : Z:\Movies\Human Traffic (1999)\Human_Traffic (1999).avi
Format : AVI
Format/Info : Audio Video Interleave
File size : 896 MiB
Duration : 1h 35mn
Overall bit rate : 1 314 Kbps
Writing application : VirtualDubMod 1.5.4.1 (build 2178/release)
Writing library : VirtualDubMod build 2178/release

Video
ID : 0
Format : MPEG-4 Visual
Format profile : Advanced Simple@L5
Format settings, BVOP : Yes
Format settings, QPel : No
Format settings, GMC : No warppoints
Format settings, Matrix : Custom
Codec ID : XVID
Codec ID/Hint : XviD
Bit rate : 986 Kbps
Width : 608 pixels
Height : 336 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16:9
Frame rate : 25.000 fps
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
Bit depth : 8 bits
Scan type : Progressive
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.193
Stream size : 673 MiB (75%)
Writing library : XviD 1.2.0SMP (UTC 2006-01-08)

Audio
ID : 1
Format : MPEG Audio
Format version : Version 1
Format profile : Layer 3
Mode : Joint stereo
Codec ID : 55
Codec ID/Hint : MP3
Bit rate mode : Constant
Bit rate : 320 Kbps
Channel(s) : 2 channels
Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz
Stream size : 218 MiB (24%)
Alignment : Aligned on interleaves
Interleave, duration : 80 ms (2.00 video frames)
Interleave, preload duration : 504 ms
Writing library : LAME3.97b
Encoding settings : -m j -V 4 -q 2 -lowpass 20.5
Language : English

Any guidance, hints, help, would be very much welcome....
Thanks chaps..
sadsack
Hi

first, you need different names for each added source. But this is only the name that is displayed in Ember. While adding a source, Ember automatically use the folder name as source name, but you can change that. It can be totally different to your foldername. The reason is that you can select "Update all Movies" or "Update only <sourcename1>" or "Update only <sourcename2>" in main menu.

The other ? is the videosource icon. That can be DVD, BluRay or HDDVD.
If you have VIDEO_TS (DVD rip) or BDMV (BluRay rip) folders, Ember recognize that and use this as videosource information. Ember also recognise this, if you have one of these tags in movie- or foldername (like: Avatar.DVD.avi). You can manually add this information in the edit movie window, check the lower right corner, there is a videosource field. But in most cases that field has nos sense in NFO, XBMC will ignore that totally. XBMC recognise the videosources only with VIDEO_TS and BMDV folder/file structure or if you have added the tag to foldername (maybe this will be changed with next XBMC release).

I hope you understand me cryptic english Smile
Hi Dan, and thanks for the reply.....

Yep, understood details about source...... Yes and also got the details for the second part as well.

A small quibble, if I fill in the "Sort Title" it doesn't stick, I.E. when I run EMM again the name has gone, I'm assuming I have probably not got something ticked.

Also if i wanted to only scrap one movie at a time, I suppose I can just add a source, then once loaded, right click on a movie then "Scrape Movie" (this won't scrap everything though will it?)

Also there is something that I have always wondered, IMDB would call a movie title beginning with "The" as in "The Deep" but I've noticed that EMM says Deep, The, is that how xbmc would see it as well, or would it see it as "The Deep". (How I would prefer it).

Thanks for your help DanCooper... Cheers mate..
sadsack
Ember save the sort title only if it's different to movie title. Sort title mostly only make sens for movie sets if you want change the order af movies. XBMC will automatically sort the movies by year. If you want an other ordering you can set sort titles like "Star Wars 1", "Star Wars 2".

Right click on a movie will only scrap the selected movie(s).

There is a setting in movies -> general -> sort token. You can add or remove tokens for sorting in Ember. This is only for the list title in Ember, this changes nothing in NFO.
XBMC has an own settings to enable or disable articles.