Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: NFS can see parent dir but no sub folders
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Greetings,

Just started using XBMC not to long ago on my android phone, first time poster. I use Plex but am upset with their lack of buffering on mobile devices when on a crappy connetion (3G/poor 4g on sprint). This is where I love XBMC, It will buffer for maybe 15 minutes or so, but then I can play an hour of the movie uninterupted which is better than Plex buffering for 30 seconds and playing 30 seconds.. Anyways on to my problem.

So far I've only used XBMC's add-ons for playing videos (mash-up) with great success however I'm running into a problem when trying to connect to my remote server using NFS.

(From Phone)
Problem: I go to Videos->Files->Add Videos->path.to.server.ip-> done -> name -> ok
When I click on 'name of source' I see my 3 directories I've enabled NFS sharing on:
/Movies
/Tv
/etc

this is where the problem comes in, when I try to open any of these 3 directories nothing happens

If i go into file manager and add the ip of my server there I can see the 3 parent folders there as well however if I try to go inside of them I get "Could not connect to network server"

Server is running Windows Server 2008 R2 with nfs services installed. All I have done other than installing that role is right click on the folder I wish to add, clicked on NFS sharing-> manage NFS sharing, left everything as default->Permissions->checked Allow root access->ok->Apply

basically I've followed the guide here http://www.mediasmartserver.net/2011/12/...-whs-2011/

Thank you for any help you can provide!

Very Respectfully,
Brandon
debug log (wiki)
Does that help?

Thank you for your assistance
Code:
NFS: READDIRPLUS of // failed with NFS3ERR_ACCES(-13)

Either read the nfs wiki link in my signature and read what the needs are on the nfs server side for working with xbmc - or post /etc/exports from your server. (most likely you are missing the "insecure" flag which allows connections from non-privileged ports which is mandatory for xbmc.
Could you please clarify? I cannot find the etc/exports/directory your referring to?

I read the wiki however I don't see much referring to the native nfs sharing for Windows server 2008

Thanks again
ah windows nfs sharing. Sry. Then i can't help you much. You need to ensure that connection from non privileged ports (all ports > 1024) are allowed.
(2014-03-25, 21:06)Memphiz Wrote: [ -> ]ah windows nfs sharing. Sry. Then i can't help you much. You need to ensure that connection from non privileged ports (all ports > 1024) are allowed.

Does anybody know how this can be setup using Windows Services for Unix? I have the exact same problems that I can see the top-level folders, but get the same error "Could not connect to network server" when I try to open any of them Sad
I had this problem on my Windows Server 2012 R2 NFS share. Solved it by switching Authentication from "No server authentication" - "No server authentication (AUTH_SYS)" - "Allow anonymous access" to "Allow unmapped user access by UID/GID". 

Share Permission set to All Machines Read/Write and Root Access Disallowed.

NTFS Permissions Principal Everyone to Full Control

NOTE: Only use these settings in your own LAN!
Basically what you're saying is "Everyone is welcome!", and making things very easy for possible hackers. I guess that's one way. Smile