Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Comcast XFINITY TV
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I've searched for info about this, but the results were flooded with stuff about xfinity installer/xunity/xbmchub/whatever they're calling it this week.

To be clear, I'm not looking for any of those.

I have Comcast cable, and their xfinity service has streaming channels and shows. It works pretty well through a web browser. I was wondering if there was a plugin for that content. I'm not asking to watch content I have no right to. I only want to watch what I'm subscribed to.

Thanks for the help.
O boy....please read before posting.... While you are asking you want to use certain addons to view content you say you have rights to....the names of the addons you have quoted are........let's just say.. Are not discussed on this site..
Do yourself a favor and let Google be your friend as you already know the names so head to the " separate" forums that will support your questions...
Got to give it to you...made me laugh... ;-)
A little knowledge can be harmful ...
I don't think you understand. I'm NOT interested in those apps. I thought I made that part clear. You did read my post, right? I don't want them mucking up my install or installing illegal software on my system.

I want to access the Comcast XFINITY content from within XBMC. I have a subscription for comcast cable tv and internet, which let's me watch it on the web and my phone and my tablet. It verifies my account or that I'm using my home internet and let's me watch my subscribed content. I already view it on their website just fine. I want to be able to view it in XBMC.
Lol...my bad then..
As you are actually asking for development for a addon that will let you view your Comcast content....apologies for jumping the gun on the byproducts you mention.
I was wondering if there has been any new light shed on this topic, as i too i have the ability to watch TNT, TBS, etc... live in HD on my computer, and would like to watch via xbmc through my amazon firetv instead of having to connect my laptop to my tv.
+1
(2014-06-06, 03:51)sspence57 Wrote: [ -> ]I was wondering if there has been any new light shed on this topic, as i too i have the ability to watch TNT, TBS, etc... live in HD on my computer, and would like to watch via xbmc through my amazon firetv instead of having to connect my laptop to my tv.

You can actually sideload the xfinity app to the Fire Tv and launch it from within XBMC it works well - you will need some kind of mouse since the firetv remote does not work well. I would like an xfinity app for my other xbmc systems.
Getting this to work would make me the happiest guy on earth. +1
nothing yet? I am trying to get my Xfinity Live TV streaming in my xbmc but I didnt find any addon
What I ended up doing to get Xfinity Web VOD to work was I installed the Chrome Launcher addon and then emulated the mouse on using my remote and eventghost. I added a shortcut within XBMC that will launch Chrome in fullscreen mode and take me to the Xfinity web page. Eventghost will handle the remapping of my remote and will close chrome and take me back to XBMC at the press of a button.
Xfinity uses drm on hls streams, so not much that xan be done from a pure addon point of view.
Has any progress ben made on this? Would love to see this done if possible. Love the NBC Sports Live Addon, does anyone know of any other great add ons such as this?
+1

Thanks
+1

i'd even be willing to help. I have programming experience but im new to Kodi
We recently cut the cord with our old provider and signed up for Comcast for just internet. We're using OTA for TV as well as the usual streaming sources (Netflix, Amazon Prime and Hulu Plus). I just discovered that Comcast has free streaming shows, and some of our favorite shows are available there and not any other way. I may try the Chrome plugin, but I'd love it if there were an actual plugin for this.

I believe Comcast verifies your IP to ensure it's you.
(2015-07-30, 22:15)Yippee38 Wrote: [ -> ]We recently cut the cord with our old provider and signed up for Comcast for just internet. We're using OTA for TV as well as the usual streaming sources (Netflix, Amazon Prime and Hulu Plus). I just discovered that Comcast has free streaming shows, and some of our favorite shows are available there and not any other way. I may try the Chrome plugin, but I'd love it if there were an actual plugin for this.

I believe Comcast verifies your IP to ensure it's you.

Can you watch this content with only internet provided by Comcast? I doubt it.
Pages: 1 2