Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Food Network Add-On Not Working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Guys, any ideas? I get a script failed with this.
You can try my versions of HGTV and Food Network, the original ones died sometime ago for me so I rewrote these.

You can find both addons in the xbmc.org repo
Great, thanks... got it from here (links above are truncated).
Thanks for the update. Works great on one of my systems. However on my main Media PC, I can browse shows, but when I select to play one, I get a white screen with an error about can't find the right program to play rtmp files. I have to bring up the task manager and kill internet explorer. Any thoughts on how to debug?
(2014-06-13, 17:21)inferno65 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the update. Works great on one of my systems. However on my main Media PC, I can browse shows, but when I select to play one, I get a white screen with an error about can't find the right program to play rtmp files. I have to bring up the task manager and kill internet explorer. Any thoughts on how to debug?

I'm not sure what internet explorer has to do with XBMC. Turn debug logging on under Setting-System-Debug and try to reproduce the problem. Please upload the xbmc.log file after the error to xbmclogs.com or pastebin.com and post the link in the forum here. I'll take a look and try to identify the problem.
Interesting. When I unplug the HDMI cable and run on the Laptop screen plugin works fine. When HDMI plugged in I get the failure/ Internet Explorer message.
Firstly, don't ever paste the log into a forum page. I explained in my post above to paste it to xbmclogs.com or pastebin.com, then post the link to the paste here. Pasting here just litters the forum. I don't see anything at all to do with food network addon in log, so I'm not able to help you.
Apologies on misreading your post on pasting the log.

I regenerated the log and definitely have some food network python script messages.

http://pastebin.com/XKbS4UT2

Any help would be great.

Thanks
(2014-07-31, 01:38)inferno65 Wrote: [ -> ]Apologies on misreading your post on pasting the log.

I regenerated the log and definitely have some food network python script messages.

http://pastebin.com/XKbS4UT2

Any help would be great.

Thanks

Can you post (same way as the xbmc.log) the contents of your playercorefactory.xml located in your userdata directory? I suspect that you have an external player configured for scrippsnetworks.com which is causing explorer to be run.
Looks like you are correct.

http://pastebin.com/YB8nG4AE

Not sure how that would have happeded.

Should I copy the one from C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system to my userdata directory?
Copied over the playercorefactory form the system directory and all works now. Thanks so much..

Could this have been left over from a previous install of XBMC?
(2014-07-31, 23:10)inferno65 Wrote: [ -> ]Copied over the playercorefactory form the system directory and all works now. Thanks so much..

Could this have been left over from a previous install of XBMC?

Maybe, hard to tell. Anyway it's fixed for the time being.
They made a website change. The good news is that there seems to be more content and it's available in hi-def.

Try the 2.1.2 version in the xbmc.org repo. You may need to force a refresh to get the new version.

a new addon setting for video speed has been added.