Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2014-04-20, 15:36)ToppDogg Wrote: [ -> ]Does anyone know how to connect (ADB Maybe) and edit files on the FireTV? I need to do the script fix for the XBMC youtube app, the fix is to remove a folder.

www.alashiban.com/running-xbmc-amazon-firetv-step-step-tutorial/ or the Wiki when its back Wink
Ok I installed the SPMC version on my Fire TV. I have also sideloaded the Acestream and Sopcast engine.

My first question is how do I install P2p- Streams onto my Fire TV?

secondly I am having problems with Mashup loading on XBMC. I keep getting a message saying "add-on does not have the correct structure"
Ive done all the steps correctly, and have been successful with my Mac and ATV but struggling to get this to work. Is there something extra I need to do with Android/Fire TV. Has anyone successfully added Mashup on the Fire TV?
(2014-04-20, 15:36)ToppDogg Wrote: [ -> ]Does anyone know how to connect (ADB Maybe) and edit files on the FireTV? I need to do the script fix for the XBMC youtube app, the fix is to remove a folder.

Just side load an FTP server via ADB. Then you can connect via FTP and drag/drop/edit files all you want. Much less tedious than ADB, IMO.
(2014-04-20, 17:07)DJ B-Roll Wrote: [ -> ]Ok I installed the SPMC version on my Fire TV. I have also sideloaded the Acestream and Sopcast engine.

My first question is how do I install P2p- Streams onto my Fire TV?

secondly I am having problems with Mashup loading on XBMC. I keep getting a message saying "add-on does not have the correct structure"
Ive done all the steps correctly, and have been successful with my Mac and ATV but struggling to get this to work. Is there something extra I need to do with Android/Fire TV. Has anyone successfully added Mashup on the Fire TV?

I have spmc and the fire TV Gotham build no issues with either with addons. Gotham will give an error but just ignore it and then it will be fine.
(2014-04-20, 17:18)Thraxen Wrote: [ -> ]Just side load an FTP server via ADB. Then you can connect via FTP and drag/drop/edit files all you want. Much less tedious than ADB, IMO.

Which FTP server works well on AFTV?
(2014-04-20, 17:34)underworld123 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-04-20, 17:18)Thraxen Wrote: [ -> ]Just side load an FTP server via ADB. Then you can connect via FTP and drag/drop/edit files all you want. Much less tedious than ADB, IMO.

Which FTP server works well on AFTV?

I've been using this one:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...fox.ftpsvr

Nothing fancy, but it works well. I tried a few others, but some of them wouldn't use the Ethernet connection. They were expecting wireless connections like you would have to use on a phone/tablet.
Using Ouya controller to control Fire TV

"Scirra Construct 2 Amazon Fire TV Ouya Controller Test"

Cheaper solution than FTV controller

"This is a test of the new Amazon Fire TV running an exported android for crosswalk exported Scirra.com Construct 2 Space Game Test.
The Ouya Controller works with the default Gamepad game object, as well and the trackpad area of the gamepad functions like a mouse with touch capabilities without having to tweak anything in Construct.

Export your game using the Android option in Construct 2

Upload project using Intel XDK New with "Cross walk for android" option.

Download the .apk that intel emails you once the build is complete

Install to Amazon Fire TV using instructions here"
https://developer.amazon.com/public/solu...on-fire-tv

Launch from Settings/Applications on your fire TV

credit to PiNPOiNT2K - youtube
http://www.youtube.com/user/PiNPOiNT2K
(2014-04-20, 13:41)Koying Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-04-20, 13:10)dismantler Wrote: [ -> ]VLC gives the same result with vc-1 test file as XBMC and MX-Player. Starts with odd green artifacts then continues to play with inconsistent and poor frame-rate.
Thanks. I guess that deserves a word or two with Amazon regarding their VC-1 claim Wink

And just FYI, VC-1 gives the same results using MX Player also.
(2014-04-20, 14:13)Koying Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-04-20, 14:05)Methanoid Wrote: [ -> ]Installed xbmc-20140419-51d4cbd-Gotham-armeabi-v7a (latest nightly). Works nicely but my 1080 MKV has audio sync issue. Have to set audio 0.250s ahead to get it in sync...
Generic issue with a lot of Android boxes.

Will it be fixed?
(2014-04-20, 14:05)Methanoid Wrote: [ -> ]Installed xbmc-20140419-51d4cbd-Gotham-armeabi-v7a (latest nightly). Works nicely but my 1080 MKV has audio sync issue. Have to set audio 0.250s ahead to get it in sync...

Interesting... Haven't noticed it on aftv
Has anyone found a way to use llama or some alternative to just launch xbmc when the home button is pressed? The method described in the wiki is great but it effectively locks you out of the firetv home screen once xbmc has been started. My ideal setup is launch xbmc on boot with llama or autopilot, pressing home button launches xbmc, but if i exit xbmc manually the firetv home remains running. Is this possible without root?
(2014-04-20, 00:34)Skavangar Wrote: [ -> ]Or you could just bring up the contextual menu for the file and if you have plexbmc installed you should have an option to "play transcoded" no need to change settings.
Hey, thanks for the tip. I just tested it out and was able to find that menu option. FYI, that menu only comes up when you're selecting the movie from a normal list. If you're selecting it from the "On Deck" area (e.g., recently watched movies) it doesn't show up. But now that I know that it's available (if you get to the movie from the right place), it's a definite time-saver for sure!
(2014-04-21, 02:33)touser Wrote: [ -> ]Has anyone found a way to use llama or some alternative to just launch xbmc when the home button is pressed? The method described in the wiki is great but it effectively locks you out of the firetv home screen once xbmc has been started. My ideal setup is launch xbmc on boot with llama or autopilot, pressing home button launches xbmc, but if i exit xbmc manually the firetv home remains running. Is this possible without root?

At the moment, I don't think it's possible with Llama since it only recognizes an app being exited or in the background as one trigger. In theory, XBMC will be in the background when you navigate to another app which would kind of break the process. You'd probably have to find a way (if it's possible) to make a custom Exit button in XBMC that does a series of other events that would trigger a different Llama event...for example...if you're using the Amber skin, you may be able to set a custom home shortcut and rename it to Quit. But it would launch some other random app that you don't care for, then Llama would take over from there...Undecided So I guess it may be possible, in a convoluted way.

Since the Home/Mic button cannot be intercepted and we can't set another app as the default launcher, I think this is the best we can do at the moment.

On the audio sync, I haven't noticed any issues. Though my receiver has some built in lip sync I think. Running the AmazonFire build (4-10 I think?) with HDMI passthrough, 5.1.
(2014-04-20, 23:18)Canucker Wrote: [ -> ]

Interesting... Haven't noticed it on aftv

Verified, Gotham has no sync issue
(2014-04-21, 02:33)touser Wrote: [ -> ]Has anyone found a way to use llama or some alternative to just launch xbmc when the home button is pressed? The method described in the wiki is great but it effectively locks you out of the firetv home screen once xbmc has been started. My ideal setup is launch xbmc on boot with llama or autopilot, pressing home button launches xbmc, but if i exit xbmc manually the firetv home remains running. Is this possible without root?

If you follow the wiki guide for llama, skip Event 3 (or disable it) and do the optional Event 4.

With this setup, the home button still takes you back to the Amazon launcher.

If you exit XBMC from the menu, it just restarts itself, since llama isn't able to kill whatever surrogate app you launch. (This also keeps XBMC power-save from working)