Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm having an audio sync problem for every video. I need to add .250ms to sync it.

How do I add this to advanced settings? The wiki shows it as full seconds. Anyone know if I can enter in .250?

The wiki says
<audiodelayrange>10</audiodelayrange> <!-- Delay range for audio/video sync, in seconds. -->
So what is the most solid build of xbmc for FTV as of right now?
I've been hearing that the OUYA version is, but is that incorrect?
(2014-04-24, 02:42)XmemphistoX Wrote: [ -> ]I'm having an audio sync problem for every video. I need to add .250ms to sync it.

How do I add this to advanced settings? The wiki shows it as full seconds. Anyone know if I can enter in .250?

The wiki says
<audiodelayrange>10</audiodelayrange> <!-- Delay range for audio/video sync, in seconds. -->

You can use the OSD audio settings to set the audio offset and make it default for all videos.
(2014-04-23, 13:57)herds Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-04-23, 09:34)Koying Wrote: [ -> ]Although feasible, using the PS3 BT remote on a "plain" android is a pain, because android forces you to enter a pin when pairing, while the remote does not accept any.
Now, as FTV uses a custom android, one may hope this has been fixed by Amazon...

http://www.reddit.com/r/fireTV/comments/...4_working/

some comments there.

Also the 360 pads have been confirmed working as well if you have a windows usb dongle

Thanks but I meant the media/dvd remote for ps3/xbox 360 not the game controller
(2014-04-23, 20:13)underworld123 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-04-23, 19:59)DiegoMejia Wrote: [ -> ]i still use the Ouya version, thanks again for the xbmc_thumbnails settings. i moved them all to my nas server using nfs. freed up 500mb of thumbnails.

Did you have to set up XBMC again, or you just updated the advancedsettings.xml?

Well I got it to work in profiles... again, I had to start over from scratch. :/ I guess if you don't do these pathsubs correct the very first time, you're pretty well hosed and have to start over. No big deal I guess but at least it's working.

The path was the same as for the masterprofile: special://thumbnails/
(2014-04-24, 05:31)KrakaJap Wrote: [ -> ]Well I got it to work in profiles... again, I had to start over from scratch. :/ I guess if you don't do these pathsubs correct the very first time, you're pretty well hosed and have to start over. No big deal I guess but at least it's working.

The path was the same as for the masterprofile: special://thumbnails/

I replaced my advancedsettings.xml and got it to work without having to set up XBMC all over again. Basically, I had to refresh my library, which took longer than usual, but it works now.
(2014-04-24, 03:06)imacomputa Wrote: [ -> ]So what is the most solid build of xbmc for FTV as of right now?
I've been hearing that the OUYA version is, but is that incorrect?
Both SPMC 12.4.2 and latest Gotham nightly work equally well for me (performance wise). AirPlay only works on Gotham, but still not reliably (only get audio sometimes).
I'm also having the issue with volume control that everybody else is. Has anybody been able to solve this issue?
(2014-04-23, 19:59)DiegoMejia Wrote: [ -> ]i still use the Ouya version, thanks again for the xbmc_thumbnails settings. i moved them all to my nas server using nfs. freed up 500mb of thumbnails.

Did you have to set up XBMC again, or you just updated the advancedsettings.xml?

When i simply pushed the modified advancedsettings.xml my thumbnails werent loading, i think because xbmc was looking for it on on my NAS and they were locally on the FTV. So I cleared cache, data and removed application. Once i installed SPMC again i pushed advancedsettings.xml and source.xml then fired up SPMC. You do notice that extra sec to load images but thats a small price to pay. Also keep in mind that im connected wired so i havent tested if the loading of thumbnails is worst over wifi.
Has anyone been successful with using a cheap USB audio device with the AFTV to provide analog out via 3.5mm plug? It didn't see the USB device when I tried. Or is the preferred method for doing so, pulling analog audio off of the hdmi port using some sort of converter device? I am looking to use xbmc for audio play back via some nice self powered speakers in a room in the house without having to have the TV turned on.
Has anyone tried to sideload HD Homerun View on this box? Also, how do you obtain it to download? Google and Amazon only let you download it directly to a supported Android device but you can't download it from Fire TV. I don't mind paying for it. I just want to download it to my pc and try to push it over to Fire Tv with adb.

Thanks.
(2014-04-24, 16:57)DiegoMejia Wrote: [ -> ]

When i simply pushed the modified advancedsettings.xml my thumbnails werent loading, i think because xbmc was looking for it on on my NAS and they were locally on the FTV. So I cleared cache, data and removed application. Once i installed SPMC again i pushed advancedsettings.xml and source.xml then fired up SPMC. You do notice that extra sec to load images but thats a small price to pay. Also keep in mind that im connected wired so i havent tested if the loading of thumbnails is worst over wifi.

If this is helpful to anyone else. I reloacted my Thumbnails folder (2GB) off of my AFTV yesterday to my NAS device where my video files are as well.

Here are the steps I took, I didn't have to do any app changes or reinstall of XBMC. I am running the "Frodo" build.
1. This is to get a copy of my userdata folder from my AFTV to my PC
Code:
adb pull /sdcard/android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc

2. I started shell session on the AFTV I navigated to the Thumbnails folder and deleted the contents (see warning below before attempting)
Code:
adb shell
cd /sdcard/android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/userdata/Thumbnails/
rm -rf *
exit

3. Created the folder for the thumbnails on my NAS device and uploaded the contents of the Thumbnails folder to it.

4. Pushed my newly created advancedsettings.xml file to the AFTV (see advancedsettings.xml code below)
Code:
adb push advancedsettings.xml /sdcard/android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/userdata/

5. Start XBMC on AFTV and browse to a video that has art, it takes a second to initially load the art, but then it works like a charm.

If you are going to follow this be very aware of what you are doing. the rm -rf* command in the wrong place or wrong folder can destroy your device! I am not liable for anybody who make the decision to wield this power, and you accept all consequences by attempting to use it.

advancedsettings.xml
Code:
<advancedsettings>
  <pathsubstitution>
    <substitute>
      <from>special://Thumbnails/</from>
      <to>smb://192.168.0.10/media/xbmc_thumbnails</to>
    </substitute>
  </pathsubstitution>
</advancedsettings>
(2014-04-24, 18:38)kalikid021 Wrote: [ -> ]If this is helpful to anyone else. I reloacted my Thumbnails folder (2GB) off of my AFTV yesterday to my NAS device where my video files are as well.

I will try this this weekend. It appears very helpful.
(2014-04-24, 17:00)toddhutch Wrote: [ -> ]Has anyone been successful with using a cheap USB audio device with the AFTV to provide analog out via 3.5mm plug? It didn't see the USB device when I tried. Or is the preferred method for doing so, pulling analog audio off of the hdmi port using some sort of converter device? I am looking to use xbmc for audio play back via some nice self powered speakers in a room in the house without having to have the TV turned on.

It would be great if a USB audio device would work since I have one laying around but I imagine it would be unlikely and there would have to be a way to enable it in the settings. The easiest way would be to get a cheap digital to analog converter which accepts the digital optical audio output (set to PCM stereo output) and converts it to analog like this one: http://www.amazon.com/Digital-to-Analog-...8360684&sr
(2014-04-24, 19:18)thefrog Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-04-24, 18:38)kalikid021 Wrote: [ -> ]If this is helpful to anyone else. I reloacted my Thumbnails folder (2GB) off of my AFTV yesterday to my NAS device where my video files are as well.

I will try this this weekend. It appears very helpful.
I may as well. Anyone know if this would work the same way with the nightly Gotham build? I assume I could do this once for all 3 of my FTV's, so they all use thumbnails from the same NAS location?