Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
No, not yet. It sort of sucks for live TV... Hopefully it will get resolved soon.

That's the only issue I've had so far, otherwise very pleased with this unit.
Yes, playback for recorded TV (1080i) is pretty poor for me too at the moment without being able to enable deinterlacing.

Another issue I'm having is that even though the video output of the Fire TV is set to 720P for my plasma (doesn't support 1080P), in the XBMC System Settings the Video output is set to Windowed, 1080P and I can't change it (greyed out)?
i know it has nothing to do with XBMC but it does with the firetv ,is there a reason why I cant get Netflix on my fire tv?, it says pricing unavailable and I don't have an option to download it
(2014-04-25, 04:57)Goldyflix Wrote: [ -> ]i know it has nothing to do with XBMC but it does with the firetv ,is there a reason why I cant get Netflix on my fire tv?, it says pricing unavailable and I don't have an option to download it

If you are in the US, call or email Amazon support -- I have talked to actual humans who have assisted me with Digital Video problems before. If you are outside the US, they may not like your IP address and you _may_ have to get a US IP address (I have no experience with that process)
(2014-04-25, 05:17)thefrog Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-04-25, 04:57)Goldyflix Wrote: [ -> ]i know it has nothing to do with XBMC but it does with the firetv ,is there a reason why I cant get Netflix on my fire tv?, it says pricing unavailable and I don't have an option to download it

If you are in the US, call or email Amazon support -- I have talked to actual humans who have assisted me with Digital Video problems before. If you are outside the US, they may not like your IP address and you _may_ have to get a US IP address (I have no experience with that process)

iam in Canada,but I do use unlocator.. but that is dns based.. so I will need to connect fire tv to an us ip?
(2014-04-25, 02:13)nordr Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-04-24, 22:23)highgear Wrote: [ -> ]...two fast forward buttons and no rewind.

I also tested keymap 1 & 2 and neither fast forward nor rewind work for me on those.

This is on 12.4.2 of SPMC. Anyone else experiencing these issues? Possible fixes? Thanks!
I believe that is because only Gotham will be able to differentiate between the two buttons due to the way they are set.

Huh interesting. So it won't be possible to get the rewind button working on Frodo with this device?
Anyone try sideloading the play store or amazon App Store here for more options of apps? Is it even possible
Great question ilovemypc..great hope someone can answer that!
(2014-04-25, 07:07)ilovemymac Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone try sideloading the play store or amazon App Store here for more options of apps? Is it even possible

Yep, I downloaded Vudu and sideloaded it.

Easiest way was to just download it to my tablet, use App Backup & Restore then adb install it from the tablet.

Vudu works, but it does require at least a mouse to navigate.
(2014-04-25, 05:48)highgear Wrote: [ -> ]Huh interesting. So it won't be possible to get the rewind button working on Frodo with this device?
Why sticking to Frodo?
If it is because of addons not yet working with Gotham, bug the addon authors so that they make it work Wink

I got "Pricing Unavailable" for YouTube app even though I was using Unlocator site and I could access Amazon Prime content without any problems. To resolve this I changed my country to US on Amazon website in: "Your Account > Manage Your Content and Devices > Coutry Settings"
(2014-04-25, 04:47)cncb Wrote: [ -> ]Another issue I'm having is that even though the video output of the Fire TV is set to 720P for my plasma (doesn't support 1080P), in the XBMC System Settings the Video output is set to Windowed, 1080P and I can't change it (greyed out)?

Change FireTV-box’s video settings from 1080p to 720p
Home > Settings > System > Display > 720p

Edit: I should've read your question a little closer, but I'd still change that if you haven't and reboot the FTV
(2014-04-25, 12:40)dismantler Wrote: [ -> ]Change FireTV-box’s video settings from 1080p to 720p
Home > Settings > System > Display > 720p

Edit: I should've read your question a little closer, but I'd still change that if you haven't and reboot the FTV

The FireTV was set to "Auto" so I changed it to 720P 60Hz and rebooted. Unfortunately, XBMC is still stuck in Windowed mode at 1080P.
(2014-04-25, 14:10)cncb Wrote: [ -> ]The FireTV was set to "Auto" so I changed it to 720P 60Hz and rebooted. Unfortunately, XBMC is still stuck in Windowed mode at 1080P.
But what is practically the problem?

If everything is fine but just that XBMC is telling you it runs in 1080p, it means that FTV is indeed running internally in 1080p at all time, and that setting the output to 720p does a downscale at the HDMI output level.
(2014-04-25, 14:21)Koying Wrote: [ -> ]But what is practically the problem?

If everything is fine but just that XBMC is telling you it runs in 1080p, it means that FTV is indeed running internally in 1080p at all time, and that setting the output to 720p does a downscale at the HDMI output level.

I assumed Windowed mode was doing some kind of extra scaling but if this is not the case then I guess there is no problem. Thanks.