Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Newbie question. Just got my Fire tv and trying to find advancedsettings file. Running xbmc on ouya. Opened up adb shell in mac terminal and cd down through each level /sdcard/Android/data/tv.ouya.xbmc/files. Using ls I don't see any xbmc related files anywhere. Am I looking in the wrong place or doing something wrong? Thanks.[/size]
(2014-04-28, 21:12)avtr212 Wrote: [ -> ]Newbie question. Just got my Fire tv and trying to find advancedsettings file. Running xbmc on ouya. Opened up adb shell in mac terminal and cd down through each level /sdcard/Android/data/tv.ouya.xbmc/files. Using ls I don't see any xbmc related files anywhere. Am I looking in the wrong place or doing something wrong? Thanks.[/size]

There is a hidden folder .xbmc. Just use
Code:
cd .xbmc
Just push your advancedsettings.xml to the proper folder as explained in the wiki:

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Ama...ptional.29

(2014-04-28, 20:49)Apothis Wrote: [ -> ]Indeed, with DTS-MA, just the DTS core is getting passed through, which is expected behaviour when DTS-MA passthrough isnt working. I only have 1 Dolby TrueHD to test just now, but that seemed to be getting passed through as stereo, not sure if TrueHD contains a core 5.1 or 2.0 component, or if it varies.

Koying, is HD passthrough likely to be possible in the future? or is it just a limitation of the hardware, and wont happen? I note that in the amazon fireos audio settings, the options include DD+ passthrough HDMI, but I dont think it mentions DTS.

DTS-HD may not be a limitation of the hardware since Qualcomm shows the Snapdragon 600 series chips has it as part of the audio specs:

http://www.qualcomm.com/snapdragon/processors/600

However, Amazon may not have implemented it. TrueHD may be a different story though, but if you have TrueHD+DD were the TrueHD track has the flag for the DD track XBMC for Ouya did default to the DD track, but Gotham doesn't.
(2014-04-28, 21:24)underworld123 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-04-28, 21:12)avtr212 Wrote: [ -> ]Newbie question. Just got my Fire tv and trying to find advancedsettings file. Running xbmc on ouya. Opened up adb shell in mac terminal and cd down through each level /sdcard/Android/data/tv.ouya.xbmc/files. Using ls I don't see any xbmc related files anywhere. Am I looking in the wrong place or doing something wrong? Thanks.[/size]

There is a hidden folder .xbmc. Just use
Code:
cd .xbmc

Refer to my post here http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1690738
(2014-04-28, 16:41)pingaling Wrote: [ -> ]Where is autopilot?

Search the thread maybe?

(2014-04-28, 16:04)resai Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-04-28, 15:58)voip-ninja Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-04-28, 15:55)resai Wrote: [ -> ]hi guys , so many pages and I've read most of them but still didn't find an exact answer. Does firetv support hd audio passthrough? thanks for an answer..

As per the wiki the answer is no... not at this time anyway.

thanks for the lightening answer Smile
what about multichannel flac files with 24/96 (both for audio only and for embedded in mkv vide)

Search the thread - the answer to your previous question was there but it was obviously too hard to look?

This thread is rapidly degenerating into total repetition of earlier posts cos some members won't make ANY effort to search before posting. That's a waste of bandwidth!
Could this be broken down into multiple xbmc fire tv threads?

Ie video issues, audio issues, remotes, pvrs, side loading, etc
(2014-04-28, 23:36)PK21 Wrote: [ -> ]Could this be broken down into multiple xbmc fire tv threads?

Ie video issues, audio issues, remotes, pvrs, side loading, etc

Or...http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Amazon_Fire_TV
(2014-04-28, 21:32)Tinwarble Wrote: [ -> ]Just push your advancedsettings.xml to the proper folder as explained in the wiki:

Its probably a good idea to explain that the directory depend on the version of XBMC installed

For XBMC on Ouya Version:
adb push advancedsettings.xml /sdcard/Android/data/tv.ouya.xbmc/files/.xbmc/userdata

For SPMC Version:
adb push advancedsettings.xml /sdcard/Android/data/com.semperpax.spmc/files/.xbmc/userdata

For Regular XBMC (gotham v13) Version:
adb push advancedsettings.xml /sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/userdata
(2014-04-28, 23:48)DiegoMejia Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-04-28, 21:32)Tinwarble Wrote: [ -> ]Just push your advancedsettings.xml to the proper folder as explained in the wiki:

Its probably a good idea to explain that the directory depend on the version of XBMC installed

For XBMC on Ouya Version:
adb push advancedsettings.xml /sdcard/Android/data/tv.ouya.xbmc/files/.xbmc/userdata

For SPMC Version:
adb push advancedsettings.xml /sdcard/Android/data/com.semperpax.spmc/files/.xbmc/userdata

For Regular XBMC (gotham v13) Version:
adb push advancedsettings.xml /sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/userdata

Unless I missed something it already states that:

Quote:where org.xbmc.xbmc is replaced with your package name such as tv.ouya.xbmc (XBMC for Ouya) or com.semperpax.spmc (SPMC)
(2014-04-28, 18:06)Senaxx Wrote: [ -> ]I saw the XBMC FireTV installer script in this topic, but those apk names where hardcoded, so I decided to improve the "installer" a bit.

You download the latest nightly from http://mirrors.xbmc.org/nightlies/android/arm/ put it in the XBMC dir and run the installer. It will install XBMC to
your Amazon FireTV. I also added the option to install autopilot and an uninstall option.

Download

Nicely done, i'd be careful about using powershell since XP users wont be able to run correctly unless they install powershell.

UPDATE:
also i would add code to download the apks on the fly instead of having them already present
bitsadmin.exe /transfer "AutoPilot" "https://diegomejia.globat.com/android/AutoPilot.apk" c:\Location\Autopilot.apk
(2014-04-28, 21:32)Tinwarble Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-04-28, 20:49)Apothis Wrote: [ -> ]Indeed, with DTS-MA, just the DTS core is getting passed through, which is expected behaviour when DTS-MA passthrough isnt working. I only have 1 Dolby TrueHD to test just now, but that seemed to be getting passed through as stereo, not sure if TrueHD contains a core 5.1 or 2.0 component, or if it varies.

Koying, is HD passthrough likely to be possible in the future? or is it just a limitation of the hardware, and wont happen? I note that in the amazon fireos audio settings, the options include DD+ passthrough HDMI, but I dont think it mentions DTS.

DTS-HD may not be a limitation of the hardware since Qualcomm shows the Snapdragon 600 series chips has it as part of the audio specs:

However, Amazon may not have implemented it. TrueHD may be a different story though, but if you have TrueHD+DD were the TrueHD track has the flag for the DD track XBMC for Ouya did default to the DD track, but Gotham doesn't.

I guess the thing to remember here, is we're just talking about passing the bitstream directly through HDMI to allow the other end to do the decoding, not asking the firetv itself to do any of the decoding.

To be honest, this is pretty much the only thing stopping me planning this as a long term main XBMC solution. I can live without VC-1 playback, I can just re-encode anything that needs to be done, there's a few other trivial niggles which I have no doubt will get worked out, and dont really bother me. But no HD audio passthrough is a biggie for me, have a lot of media with DTS-MA tracks, and a fairly expensive audio system downstream to make the most of all that data. So if its a 'never going to happen' situation, then I might have to look into an intel NUC, Which I dint really want to do. However, if there is some eglimmer of hope that it may one day, in the not too distant future, then I will hang around gladly to assist in anyway I can
4K video plays but is choppy when played on my 8550 UHDTV.
Is it a hardware limitation of the FTV?
(2014-04-29, 01:09)Apothis Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-04-28, 21:32)Tinwarble Wrote: [ -> ]

I guess the thing to remember here, is we're just talking about passing the bitstream directly through HDMI to allow the other end to do the decoding, not asking the firetv itself to do any of the decoding.

To be honest, this is pretty much the only thing stopping me planning this as a long term main XBMC solution. I can live without VC-1 playback, I can just re-encode anything that needs to be done, there's a few other trivial niggles which I have no doubt will get worked out, and dont really bother me. But no HD audio passthrough is a biggie for me, have a lot of media with DTS-MA tracks, and a fairly expensive audio system downstream to make the most of all that data. So if its a 'never going to happen' situation, then I might have to look into an intel NUC, Which I dint really want to do. However, if there is someeglimmer og hope that it may one day, in the not too distant future, then I will hang around gladly to sissyt in anyway I can

I think it (for me) will be an okay solution for secondary areas of the home. No way without HD audio, 1080p/24 and VC1 would it cut it in my theater room.
just wondering if firetv update can be controlled . or is it automatic update that can happen . becuz if it happens will loose xbmc , thx god bless
(2014-04-28, 20:49)Apothis Wrote: [ -> ]I only have 1 Dolby TrueHD to test just now, but that seemed to be getting passed through as stereo, not sure if TrueHD contains a core 5.1 or 2.0 component, or if it varies.

Sadly not. The DTS-HD spec calls for an extractable DTS core, but on Blu-Rays that come with TrueHD, the DD track is actually separate- you'd need to rip both to bitstream surround sound on a system that doesn't support TrueHD bitstreaming. Not sure on Gotham, but I know that on Frodo if you have both TrueHD and DD, and you're hooked up with optical, it'll bitstream the DD track rather than downmix the TrueHD.