Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2014-06-09, 00:59)exit Wrote: [ -> ]So is anyone here not having audio sync issues when streaming local content? I've been searching this forum and others to see if there's a solution other than adjusting the audio offset and setting a default that covers most of my local media. I have other videos where I have to make further adjustments.

I would love to find another solution for this. The Fire TV XBMC experience is far superior to the Apple TV in every way except for the sync issues. Is this really a common issue with Android installs, as I've read in other threads?

I'm not nor have i had in the past any audio sync issues with local media. Firetv hooked up via HDMI to my tv. No receiver or anything in between yet. Wired network pulling files from my NAS.
(2014-06-09, 13:23)exit Wrote: [ -> ]My setup is NAS (SMB and NFS) > Wifi > Fire TV (XBMC 13.1) > HDMI > Panasonic plasma > HDMI ARC > Panasonic HTB770 3.1 system. I have the audio lag issue whether I run the audio through the Panasonic soundbar system or through the TV speakers.

My setup:
NAS -> Wifi -> FireTV (13.1) -> HDMI -> Sharp lc-70le550u
NAS -> MoCA -> Ethernet -> FireTV (13.1) -> HDMI -> Pioneer VSX 1123 -> Acer H6510

No issues with audio so far on either setup.
13.1 seemed to fix some buffering/video stuttering issues

If you have any videos/samples you can share pm me a link and i can test
I have the delay as well, on all my local files.

NAS> Router>ATF (cable) >Onkyo amp(HDMI) > Beamer

25 ms off, have been so since the gotham beta's, no fix as of yet that I have found.
Is Gotham stable? When I previously used it, it crashed A LOT so I downgraded to SPMC- Does anybody know?
(2014-06-09, 23:17)GTV17 Wrote: [ -> ]Is Gotham stable? When I previously used it, it crashed A LOT so I downgraded to SPMC- Does anybody know?

13.1 is very stable for me. No crashes.
(2014-06-09, 23:18)jocala Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-06-09, 23:17)GTV17 Wrote: [ -> ]Is Gotham stable? When I previously used it, it crashed A LOT so I downgraded to SPMC- Does anybody know?

Could you tell me your settings? Did you make any changes?

I don't use my own videos/movies so everything I do is streamed and the reason I would like Gotham again is because while it did crash a TON, it was pretty smooth otherwise & remote functionality is better.
(2014-06-09, 23:25)GTV17 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-06-09, 23:18)jocala Wrote: [ -> ]

Could you tell me your settings? Did you make any changes?

I don't use my own videos/movies so everything I do is streamed and the reason I would like Gotham again is because while it did crash a TON, it was pretty smooth otherwise & remote functionality is better.

No changes. Audio is optical->stereo setup. I play hd mkvs+mp4s older SD avis,xvid,etc. A mixture of stuff. It's been said before, but you can install and run Gotham w/o touching your SPMC. They co-exist fine.
(2014-06-09, 17:36)barrmy Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-06-09, 13:23)exit Wrote: [ -> ]My setup is NAS (SMB and NFS) > Wifi > Fire TV (XBMC 13.1) > HDMI > Panasonic plasma > HDMI ARC > Panasonic HTB770 3.1 system. I have the audio lag issue whether I run the audio through the Panasonic soundbar system or through the TV speakers.

My setup:
NAS -> Wifi -> FireTV (13.1) -> HDMI -> Sharp lc-70le550u
NAS -> MoCA -> Ethernet -> FireTV (13.1) -> HDMI -> Pioneer VSX 1123 -> Acer H6510

No issues with audio so far on either setup.
13.1 seemed to fix some buffering/video stuttering issues

If you have any videos/samples you can share pm me a link and i can test

PM sent - thank you.
(2014-06-09, 17:20)Apothis Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-06-09, 17:02)BDPNA Wrote: [ -> ]For those of you using Live TV and wanting Deinterlace, what are you doing?

libstagefright on takes away the deinterlace option. Mediacodec lets it be turned on, and works, however if mediacodec should be turned off, there's no way to have both acceleration and deinterlace I guess?

So dont turn off mediacodec

If I leave both turned on, deinterlace option still stays off. The only way to get it to show is to ONLY have MediaCodec on which I understand is not accelerated. With both on, which does the FireTV use? Everywhere I read said to turn MediaCodec off.
What's the difference between the OpenElec xbmc and the one we install on Amazon Fire TV 13.1 versions - Asking because i have a stream that plays
in the former and not the later. So want to know if there is something i can do to make it work.
debug log (wiki)
(2014-06-08, 18:06)josefwells Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-06-08, 09:38)CuriousG Wrote: [ -> ][quote='josefwells' pid='1729573' dateline='1402201603'

2) If I use XBMC then exit (home button, or launch KFTV from programs) netflix and prime videos don't work.. I have to reboot the device (hold down select and play/pause for 5 seconds), then everything comes up. I think cleaning cache of xbmc/netflix/kftv may have fixed it once, but that is a lot to ask of other family members.

Any ideas?

How about you exit the program properly by using Quit or the power button icon? When you use the home button XBMC is still running in the background which is why if you run the program again through applications, it resumes from where you hit the home button. Is that so much to ask to properly shut it down?

Exiting is NOT a solution or even a valid work around.. How can you use android shortcuts? For example, I have shoirtcuts setup in Gotham to launch Netflix, HuluPlus, and Crackle so I can use the xbmc interface rather than the FireTV interface. This isnt working because something in gotham is holding the player open preventing the other apps players from working. This was not an issue with SPMC or Frodo. This needs to be fixed
(2014-06-10, 07:28)aelvi Wrote: [ -> ]This needs to be fixed

OK we'll get our A Team on it straight away. Sorry for the inconvenience. Please don't bother to post any logs, all the devs will go out and buy an FTV and try to get their machines to create the same error.

Please check back every hour or so.
Would buying an Amazon Fire TV and loading up XBMC be the best way to listen to my PC's FLAC library in another room? There's no TV, so I would need to somehow be able to control what's playing from either my PC or Jailbroken iPhone. So, is a headless XBMC any good?
(2014-06-10, 07:57)Pixel Eater Wrote: [ -> ]Would buying an Amazon Fire TV and loading up XBMC be the best way to listen to my PC's FLAC library in another room? There's no TV, so I would need to somehow be able to control what's playing from either my PC or Jailbroken iPhone. So, is a headless XBMC any good?
No you would be better to buy squeezebox.