Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2014-06-10, 23:56)LazerBlue Wrote: [ -> ]I tried your updated app and I get an adb installation error when you try to start the server. Just haven't had a chance to email you yet.

Are you using >adb install -r to update?
I'm having a problem on my FireTV, did a few searches but couldn't find anyone else with the same issue.

Seems like XBMC can't figure out how much time certain videos are through. This snowballs into a bunch of problems as follows:

- Pressing the ok button always shows current status as 0:00.
- If I try to skip forward or backward, it returns me to the start of the video always (so can only watch a video from the start or resume).
- If I stop the currently playing video, it thinks i've not watched any and either clears the previous resume status, or if at the end marks the video as not watched.

This is only happening on some videos, seems to not happen on some sd video's in Avi containers but will occur always on other hd vids.

It's been happening so far on Gotham 13.1 beta 2 and 13.1 from the wiki, haven't tried 13.0 to see if the problem re-appears.
I'm running the database on mySql, and another instance of XBMC running elsewhere in the house on XBMCBuntu which is still working fine.

Any ideas? I'll post logs tonight when I get home, nothing from the logs I googled gave me any results for common issues, so i'm running out of ideas.
(2014-06-11, 01:06)syphe Wrote: [ -> ]I'm having a problem on my FireTV, did a few searches but couldn't find anyone else with the same issue.

Seems like XBMC can't figure out how much time certain videos are through. This snowballs into a bunch of problems as follows:

- If I try to skip forward or backward, it returns me to the start of the video always (so can only watch a video from the start or resume).
- If I stop the currently playing video, it thinks i've not watched any and either clears the previous resume status, or if at the end marks the video as not watched.

This is only happening on some videos, seems to not happen on some sd video's in Avi containers but will occur always on other hd vids.

It's been happening so far on Gotham 13.1 beta 2 and 13.1 from the wiki, haven't tried 13.0 to see if the problem re-appears.
I'm running the database on mySql, and another instance of XBMC running elsewhere in the house on XBMCBuntu which is still working fine.

Any ideas? I'll post logs tonight when I get home, nothing from the logs I googled gave me any results for common issues, so i'm running out of ideas.

Should have searched harder. Wink

5 pages back: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1729338
An update to the Logitech Smart hub today has enabled a Bluetooth connection to the fire TV.

I got mine to pair up and some of the keys work in XBMC. I haven't had time to work up a keymap yet but this is great for my setup. I can get rid of the Ortek infrared reciever. I have the Logitech Simple remote with Smart Hub. Amazon Page
I'm trying to use the FTV with XBMC as a headless music streamer. I want to use the optical audio output into an older (non-HDMI) receiver. Only I've hit a snag...

To set it up I first hooked it up to my TV/new receiver via HDMI so I could see what I'm doing.
I was able to side-load XBMC 13.1 along with AutoPilot. I used AutoPilot to automatically start XBMC on boot. I configured XBMC so that it could find my music files on the network, and enabled the ability to control XBMC remotely via smartphone.
All this is working fine.

The problem comes when I boot the FTV with nothing connected to the HDMI port. I can tell that XBMC is starting up on the FTV because the XBMC Remote app on my phone starts working and I'm able to browse my music library and queue up tracks. However it doesn't actually play them--it stalls at the beginning of the first track.
Also I discovered that when it is stalled like this, if I connect the HDMI cable to it, the queued up tracks begin playing immediately. I can then disconnect the HDMI and the playing continues fine (listening on the optical output).

So it seems that XBMC will not play audio on the SPDIF (optical) output until the HDMI output is connected to something at least once after bootup. That makes it pretty much useless as a headless music streamer unless you've got some HDMI device you can hook it up to.
I suspect that this is caused by something in the FTV's OS rather than XBMC. Undecided

Anyone know of a way around this? I can't think of anything else to try.
(2014-06-10, 07:33)nickr Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-06-10, 07:28)aelvi Wrote: [ -> ]This needs to be fixed

OK we'll get our A Team on it straight away. Sorry for the inconvenience. Please don't bother to post any logs, all the devs will go out and buy an FTV and try to get their machines to create the same error.

Please check back every hour or so.

LOL, gotta love those people that have two posts and demand the world.
(2014-06-11, 01:33)Tinwarble Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-06-11, 01:06)syphe Wrote: [ -> ]I'm having a problem on my FireTV, did a few searches but couldn't find anyone else with the same issue.

Should have searched harder. Wink

5 pages back: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1729338

Thanks, will give a reboot a go when I get home.
If I accidentally press "Back" during playback, how do I make the file selection prompt go away?
(2014-06-11, 00:13)Tinwarble Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-06-10, 23:56)LazerBlue Wrote: [ -> ]I tried your updated app and I get an adb installation error when you try to start the server. Just haven't had a chance to email you yet.

Are you using >adb install -r to update?

I was talking about jocala's fireadb app. I was just trying it out. I have no problem using adb, gotten pretty good at it actually.
(2014-06-11, 04:27)LazerBlue Wrote: [ -> ]I was talking about jocala's fireadb app. I was just trying it out. I have no problem using adb, gotten pretty good at it actually.

I appreciate you taking the time!
(2014-06-11, 02:29)lunkhound Wrote: [ -> ]I'm trying to use the FTV with XBMC as a headless music streamer. I want to use the optical audio output into an older (non-HDMI) receiver. Only I've hit a snag...

To set it up I first hooked it up to my TV/new receiver via HDMI so I could see what I'm doing.
I was able to side-load XBMC 13.1 along with AutoPilot. I used AutoPilot to automatically start XBMC on boot. I configured XBMC so that it could find my music files on the network, and enabled the ability to control XBMC remotely via smartphone.

The problem comes when I boot the FTV with nothing connected to the HDMI port. I can tell that XBMC is starting up on the FTV because the XBMC Remote app on my phone starts working and I'm able to browse my music library and queue up tracks. However it doesn't actually play them--it stalls at the beginning of the first track.
Also I discovered that when it is stalled like this, if I connect the HDMI cable to it, the queued up tracks begin playing immediately. I can then disconnect the HDMI and the playing continues fine (listening on the optical output).

So it seems that XBMC will not play audio on the SPDIF (optical) output until the HDMI output is connected to something at least once after bootup. That makes it pretty much useless as a headless music streamer unless you've got some HDMI device you can hook it up to.
I suspect that this is caused by something in the FTV's OS rather than XBMC. Undecided

I can't help you but why don't you leave the hdmi cable connected? Do you need that hdmi input for something else?
(2014-04-06, 00:51)nickr Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-04-06, 00:33)DealLQ Wrote: [ -> ]Saw this thread in its early stages when Fire TV was first announced. Skimmed through 30+ pages. Loaded XBMC on my Fire TV and downloaded some extra addons from zip via my NAS. Don't know if anyone is compiling a list of working keyboards but my Logitech K520 and DiNovo mini wireless keyboards work. No mouse but the keyboards work fine.

Also got a Gbox MX2 at the same time. Looks like it will be getting returned to Amazon today. Fire TV with side-loading apps seems nice. If i could only get XBMC to show up in the dash like a native app...

Please please report what hardware is and isn't working on the wiki, they get lost here.

Hi, I am having trouble pairing my Dinovo mini, is there something special that needs to be done?

Thanks
I think I fixed my audio lag by setting XBMC to just pass through audio.
I am having issues playing some live streams, and looking at the log, the issue seems to be with the librtmp.so file.

I am on 13.1 Beta 2. Is the librtmp file here

http://www.mediafire.com/?x4cvp5hl4m9xr#4hp7dm86yd6jz

newer / better than the one in 13.1 Beta 2?

If so, how can I push this file to the right location in fire tv? There is the permission denied issue.

Thanks
(2014-06-11, 15:04)z31fanatic Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-06-11, 02:29)lunkhound Wrote: [ -> ]I'm trying to use the FTV with XBMC as a headless music streamer. I want to use the optical audio output into an older (non-HDMI) receiver. Only I've hit a snag...

I can't help you but why don't you leave the hdmi cable connected? Do you need that hdmi input for something else?

Alas, the room where I want to use it has only an older receiver with no HDMI inputs. In the room where I've been testing it out I've got plenty of HDMI inputs, but I've also got a dedicated HTPC which does everything the FTV can and more.

I looked through the XBMC logs but didn't see anything useful looking. I did find something in the Android logs though. When the FTV has booted without an HDMI connection and XBMC is attempting to play a song, the Android log is spammed with stuff like this:

Code:
W/AudioTrack( 2210): obtainBuffer timed out (is the CPU pegged?) 0x5b990420 name=0user=0001d400, server=0001c800
W/AudioTrack( 2210): obtainBuffer timed out (is the CPU pegged?) 0x5b990420 name=0user=0001d400, server=0001c800
E/AudioHardwareALSA(  277): error pcm_write returned -5
E/AudioStreamOutALSA(  277): pcm_write returned n < 0
W/AudioFlinger(  277): write blocked for 40004 msecs, 120 delayed writes, thread 0x419ba5f0

Actually those first 3 lines are repeated a lot! The last 3 only appear every so often, maybe once every 10 or 20 seconds or so. The moment the HDMI output is connected, those log messages stop appearing, and the music starts playing.
I did some googling with keywords from that log, but didn't manage to find anything helpful.