Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2014-06-19, 20:01)mjbxx Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-06-19, 19:13)DaveNinja Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-06-19, 18:16)mjbxx Wrote: [ -> ]I am getting a "No such file or directory" error for the preview icon.

did you run Classic Tv on the fire at least once?
I went through this process (using Classic TV as the XBMC shortcut) last night. I ran into problems because i had not run Classic TV, which meant it had not downloaded and installed from the cloud yet.

Yes. I ran the FireTV Side App Installer (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthre...?t=2736774) from XDA and it does show the XBMC thumbnail. The XBMC preview icon did not take though. It flashes the Classic TV preview icon. I am unable to successfully run the adb push command provided by @hdmkv for the preview XBMC icon.

You may need to make sure the .png is named the same. Also did you reboot after the .png push?
(2014-06-19, 06:46)Subwire Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-06-19, 03:25)freon Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-06-19, 01:38)Subwire Wrote: [ -> ]Is anyone else out there having issues playing back larger media files? A sizable portion of my 1080p content causes XBMC with MediaCodec on to crash, with decode errors in logcat.
Turning it off results in hanging, or hearing the audio while the UI hangs, among other weirdness
All files in question are encoded in h264 in MKV containers. So far I've tried both Gotham 13.0, Gotham 13.1, and the latest nightly, all the the exact same results. Also tried sending the file over SMB, and over USB after rooting the FTV.

If there isn't some sort of easy workaround I'm missing , I'd be happy to provide logs and more info

Are we talking 10gb Rips or more like 30gb rips?

Neither, some of the files I'm trying are only ~1GB, but they're shorter episodic stuff with higher bitrates

Here's a logcat snip of what I'm seeing: http://pastebin.com/9cEMgYA8
Note the hardware decoding errors. This time I had only libstagefright enabled. A similar set of decode errors happens with MediaCodec, and XBMC actually crashes, instead of just hanging

Upon further investigation, it seems to have something to do with the codec after all; it turns out the files in question were all encoded using the Hi10P profile, which some quick searching suggests is troublesome to decode. VLC Beta for Android can do it, so it's technically possible, but whatever they're doing to make it work doesn't seem to be implemented in XBMC for Android yet. Is there a workaround for this, or should I see about transcoding all my Hi10P stuff?
There's no GPU hardware accelerated decode for Hi10P content. It's all done on the CPU, that's why you're having issues.
Ohh ohh o
To root or not to root...

I am afraid to root my FTV with all of this brick talk. If I root it to do that Classic TV / XBMC start up screen, will it "un-root" itself on the next reboot? Once this is done, can I reset the box to manufacture settings from the FTV menu, or will something bad happen because its in root mode?

Thanks
(2014-06-19, 20:20)JoshPrather33 Wrote: [ -> ]I just loaded XBMC and the ConfigWizard on my Amazon Fire TV. When the install was complete, the screen is so dark I can't see anything. When I go out to the Home Screen or Netfilx, it goes back to normal. What did I do wrong during install, or is there somewhere else I can go to fix this?

I also see the posts above about putting XBMC Icon on Home Page, but I can't follow the instructions. Please tell me how to do this.

After config Wizard completes your screen will do somewhat dark. You have to exit XBMC and then go back in for the brightness to go back to normal. I would reboot your FTV completely and I bet the problem will go away.
(2014-06-19, 22:01)pumkinut Wrote: [ -> ]There's no GPU hardware accelerated decode for Hi10P content. It's all done on the CPU, that's why you're having issues.

Yes, but shouldn't it fall back on software decoding instead of crashing or freezing?
I'm pretty sure the FireTV has the horsepower to do these Hi10P streams in software

Completely disabling it doesn't seem to do a whole lot, I still get errors like: http://pastebin.com/QNbbQR99
Which are basically the same as before when I only had libstagefright on. To me, those errors suggest that it's still trying to use the hardware decoder, even though the decoding type is set to Software
Yea not sure what im doing wrong but preview of xbmc still wont pop up. I stll get classic tv. Tried manually and with adb fire. Any ideas??

Oh and how can i see hidden files? I try clicking it on but it seems to be locked on es explorer...
(2014-06-20, 00:45)esso1980 Wrote: [ -> ]Yea not sure what im doing wrong but preview of xbmc still wont pop up. I stll get classic tv. Tried manually and with adb fire. Any ideas??

Oh and how can i see hidden files? I try clicking it on but it seems to be locked on es explorer...

Sounds like you don't have root. You have to root fire tv first.
Yes. I have root. I have xbmc icon on my homescreen.. I also have SU installed
if I plug in a USB drive and I want to back up my xbmc config onto there, how can I locate my drive? what folders would i have to go through? what path!?!? Sad
could you put a screenshot of your problem? Anyway, i guess it's a filename error issue. The way i did was to use ES File Explorer set a remote server, then from my windows pc i would navigate to the icon folder, copy the proper filenames, delete the orginals and paste the new ones with the same names.

I didn't mess with adb for this task.

(2014-06-20, 01:28)GTV17 Wrote: [ -> ]if I plug in a USB drive and I want to back up my xbmc config onto there, how can I locate my drive? what folders would i have to go through? what path!?!? Sad

I used FTV Side App Installer. It automates the xbmc userdata backup process.

Before that, i tried to manually copy the xbmc folder and paste it to the usb drive. It had about 16000 files and over 1.2gb. This way it took hours and the process always failed midway through. FTV it was much faster and didn't have any error. Took about 10minutes.
(2014-06-20, 00:45)esso1980 Wrote: [ -> ]Oh and how can i see hidden files? I try clicking it on but it seems to be locked on es explorer...

Go to Settings>Display settings>Show hidden files.
Thanks that was it