Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2014-06-21, 22:14)mjbxx Wrote: [ -> ]I am unable to get ES File Explorer to turn on and show Hidden Files. Not understanding why.

I believe I had to use a usb mouse (my keyboard has a trackpad) and click on the option, as clicking on it with the remote wouldn't work.
(2014-06-21, 16:02)~Craig~ Wrote: [ -> ]So I live in the UK but I am going to the USA next week, I plan to get a FireTV when I am over there and I want to root it.

I understand that on first boot the FireTV will require an update to work so if Amazon release their update before I get a chance to set it up I will loose access to root if they have patched the exploit, correct?
Or is it possible to have it update to the previous exploitable firmware, root and block further updates?

I know even without root I can still install XBMC but I like the USB drive support and home screen XBMC launcher app that root can bring.

Thanks
Craig

(2014-06-21, 17:18)dukester Wrote: [ -> ]i believe just having it plugged into a router with no internet access is sufficient to get it booted the first time.. not 100% sure on that tho

Thanks for replying, If you are correct then I should be fine Smile Does anyone know if this is correct?

Craig
(2014-06-18, 04:55)jocala Wrote: [ -> ]adbFire is a companion program for FireTV & XBMC, (Gotham only). It allows you to sideload XBMC (and other apps) without the hassle of downloading the Android SDK and other tools. Additionally, it allows you to copy files to and from XBMC, backup XBMC, root the FireTV and more.

Download adbFire beta 2 for Windows and OS X here.

Hi jocala

The tool seems good, I have downloaded the Windows version and it has connected to my Fire TV. I'm trying to pull my sources.xml file from the device. It says succeeded, but where does it place the pulled file?
(2014-06-22, 03:56)ED-209 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-06-18, 04:55)jocala Wrote: [ -> ]adbFire is a companion program for FireTV & XBMC, (Gotham only). It allows you to sideload XBMC (and other apps) without the hassle of downloading the Android SDK and other tools. Additionally, it allows you to copy files to and from XBMC, backup XBMC, root the FireTV and more.

Download adbFire beta 2 for Windows and OS X here.

Hi jocala

The tool seems good, I have downloaded the Windows version and it has connected to my Fire TV. I'm trying to pull my sources.xml file from the device. It says succeeded, but where does it place the pulled file?

Look in your home directory: \Users\yourname
Thanks jocala.

One more thing I tried to install Time Zone Changer apk through your program, it reported successful installation. But I could not find the app anywhere in the applications list on the Fire TV. So then I thought I'd try and install the app manually using adb command but I get a failure message [INSTALL_FAILED_ALREADY_EXISTS] but of course I cannot locate the app. I have tried uninstall command also but again I get failure messages. So it looks like I currently cannot use the Time Zone Changer app, neither can I re-install it or uninstall it.
Any ideas?

Thanks.
(2014-06-22, 18:07)ED-209 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks jocala.

One more thing I tried to install Time Zone Changer apk through your program, it reported successful installation. But I could not find the app anywhere in the applications list on the Fire TV. So then I thought I'd try and install the app manually using adb command but I get a failure message [INSTALL_FAILED_ALREADY_EXISTS] but of course I cannot locate the app. I have tried uninstall command also but again I get failure messages. So it looks like I currently cannot use the Time Zone Changer app, neither can I re-install it or uninstall it.
Any ideas?

Thanks.

I just installed it and it shows up in the app list with a "TZC" icon. Its package name is com.futurek.android.tzc. You can reinstall it via adbfire (which uses -r by default) or with adb and the install flag "-r".
Will try this and report back - thanks
Dont know if this was discussed already, but on gotham, does any get like a full tiled grid of the movie thumbnail flash before the video starts, its super annoying esp with running cinema experience.
(2014-06-23, 00:37)fallensld Wrote: [ -> ]Dont know if this was discussed already, but on gotham, does any get like a full tiled grid of the movie thumbnail flash before the video starts, its super annoying esp with running cinema experience.

Yes, I get it too and find it annoying as well.
(2014-06-21, 22:33)segma98 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-06-21, 21:47)dukester Wrote: [ -> ]no need to switch any icons or use a loader app anymore, someone figured out how to have all your installed apps show on the home screen.,

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthre...?t=2790374

people there are reporting that this method broke all the original video/game apps/ shortcuts..can you let us know if thats true?
thanks
it did yes, but if you follow that thread , all you need to do in make a backup of the ftv app store, install the new app store, then install -r the old app store and everything will be working as normal but the App drawer will still be the new updated one with all apps.
(2014-06-23, 00:59)PK21 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-06-23, 00:37)fallensld Wrote: [ -> ]Dont know if this was discussed already, but on gotham, does any get like a full tiled grid of the movie thumbnail flash before the video starts, its super annoying esp with running cinema experience.

Yes, I get it too and find it annoying as well.

It is, anyone got a fix.
(2014-06-23, 01:01)dukester Wrote: [ -> ]it did yes, but if you follow that thread , all you need to do in make a backup of the ftv app store, install the new app store, then install -r the old app store and everything will be working as normal but the App drawer will still be the new updated one with all apps.
Until you reboot. Then it will go back to the carousel look from the stock app. You're better off waiting for rbox's new xposed mod.
Guys please stop quoting pics, we only need to see them once!
(2014-06-23, 01:48)nickr Wrote: [ -> ]Guys please stop quoting pics, we only need to see them once!
Ok. lol
Edited my post.
Im in australia and cant use classic tv app due to location requirements. Is there an alternative? Thanks