Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2014-06-24, 20:08)mjbxx Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-06-21, 21:19)Natedawg87 Wrote: [ -> ]I copied the .dl directory to my computer with ES. It looks like there is
one image of size 750x366 called http%3A%2F%2Fecx.images-amazon.com%2Fimages%2FI%2F41CwohT2wJL._FMpng_SY752_FMPNG_SX750_SY480_.png (looks like this is the splash screen)

one image of size 366x366 called http%3A%2F%2Fecx.images-amazon.com%2Fimages%2FI%2F51b7cD7hLCL._FMpng_SL366_FMPNG_SX750_SY480_.png (this looks like the one that shows up in My Apps)
I am not seeing this 750x366 Classic TV splashscreen in the .dl directory:
http%3A%2F%2Fecx.images-amazon.com%2Fimages%2FI%2F41CwohT2wJL._FMpng_SY752_FMPNG_SX750_SY480_.png

I do see two images with one square and the other has rounded edges. They both have the same image size of 366x366. Below are the two images in the .dl directory. Where do I find the 750x366 image?

http%3A%2F%2Fecx.images-amazon.com%2Fimages%2FI%2F41J0Xyg4-GL._FMpng_SL366_FMPNG_SX750_SY480_.png

http%3A%2F%2Fecx.images-amazon.com%2Fimages%2FI%2F51b7cD7hLCL._FMpng_SL366_FMPNG_SX750_SY480_.png
The 750x366 image is in the same .dl directory. Oddly enough, I can't find the rounded-edge one.
(2014-06-25, 00:24)Natedawg87 Wrote: [ -> ]The 750x366 image is in the same .dl directory. Oddly enough, I can't find the rounded-edge one.
I ended up trying the MBC On Demand (AdRise) app as it has the 750x366 splashscreen image and the 366x366 thumbnail image. The thumbnail image shows up in the app store proper. But the XBMC splashscreen image is not showing up. It still displays the MBC On Demand splashscreen image when entering XBMC. Any ideas on why it is not changing to the updated XBMC splashscreen image?
(2014-06-25, 02:02)mjbxx Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-06-25, 00:24)Natedawg87 Wrote: [ -> ]The 750x366 image is in the same .dl directory. Oddly enough, I can't find the rounded-edge one.
I ended up trying the MBC On Demand (AdRise) app as it has the 750x366 splashscreen image and the 366x366 thumbnail image. The thumbnail image shows up in the app store proper. But the XBMC splashscreen image is not showing up. It still displays the MBC On Demand splashscreen image when entering XBMC. Any ideas on why it is not changing to the updated XBMC splashscreen image?

See the commands that I posted here for MBC on Demand. Working perfectly for me.
Question for anyone else using live TV. does the EPG take a painfully long time to come up for you? If I try to access the EPG from the home screen, all menus disappear and I just see the background and the time in the top right corner of the screen before the EPG displays. If I try to bring it up while watching video, the video will freeze while audio continues to play for 5-10 seconds until the EPG is displayed. Anybody know of any settings I can try to resolve this?
(2014-06-25, 11:55)kenelbow Wrote: [ -> ]Question for anyone else using live TV. does the EPG take a painfully long time to come up for you? If I try to access the EPG from the home screen, all menus disappear and I just see the background and the time in the top right corner of the screen before the EPG displays. If I try to bring it up while watching video, the video will freeze while audio continues to play for 5-10 seconds until the EPG is displayed. Anybody know of any settings I can try to resolve this?

Debug log
(2014-06-25, 13:00)nickr Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-06-25, 11:55)kenelbow Wrote: [ -> ]Question for anyone else using live TV. does the EPG take a painfully long time to come up for you? If I try to access the EPG from the home screen, all menus disappear and I just see the background and the time in the top right corner of the screen before the EPG displays. If I try to bring it up while watching video, the video will freeze while audio continues to play for 5-10 seconds until the EPG is displayed. Anybody know of any settings I can try to resolve this?

Debug log

I will capture one after work.
Just got my FTV in france, nice device. I've installed the main 13.1 api, working great.

I'm also using it with TVH and it has issues while switching channels, the next channel is in slow motion.

Are there any settings I should apply ? Guides I should read ? (did the xbmc wiki)
Is there any future hope for deinterlace support or will it be broken forever ?

Thanks.
The new Fire TV OTA firmware update (51.1.1.0._User_511069920) has started rolling out. Users have reported that you will lose root but the exploit has not been patched so you can re-root after updating.
Confirm that, Fire Tv updated before I could do anything but could root, ssh etc... using the same tutorials.
Is it true that the new firmware helps the device run snappier and smoother?
Still waiting for Amazon Prime music to come to this device.

Oh, flash news about Android tv... Zzzzzz
i just tried to update my firetv, doesn't say its available yet. Android TV looks like the FireTV, but the search is a lot more useful for sure. Slight interface differences are nice too.
What is the adb command to just upgrade xbmc on firetv to the newer gotham release without loosing all settings? Is it possible? I've given it to my parents and I can remote desktop to their PC and do it.
adb install -r xbmcfilename.apk
(2014-06-25, 20:28)dukester Wrote: [ -> ]adb install -r xbmcfilename.apk

thanks a lot will all the setting be saved?
I'll also root so the external usb can work.
got the update. it now gives you a separate prime video menu. it annoyed me before that prime and the paid amazon videos were grouped together so this is a nice upgrade. xbmc seems to run same as before.