Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Works 90% does not equate to works.
90% is still better than my official Comcast cable box :D
Am I the only one who has issues with audio not being synced while watching MKV files?
I have to change the audio offset for every video to 250ms manually.
(2014-07-20, 13:05)intimidate Wrote: [ -> ]Am I the only one who has issues with audio not being synced while watching MKV files?

No,I don't have any issues with audio being out of sync. But if every video is off by 250ms, why don't you just set that as the default? Instead of manually setting it for every video.
I didn't have this issue while playing a DVD, it only happens with MKV files. Is it possible to set the audio offset default for specific file formats?
(2014-07-20, 13:05)intimidate Wrote: [ -> ]Am I the only one who has issues with audio not being synced while watching MKV files?

I had this problem when I used earlier versions from XBMC, but later on version now are spot on. I followed this guide: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthre...?t=2790392
Hey, I am planning on buying an Amazon Fire TV for XBMC since it's way more powerful than a Raspberry Pi.

Im too lazy to go through 254 pages of posts..so is there any problems with the latest XBMC versions? I need to have a really good HTPC for super cheap

Mine is either fine or I can't tell a 250ms offset. +250 or -250?

And what xbmc version are you running?
Okay for the life of me I cant get the different keymaps loaded into my FireTV. I have opened a new text document like wiki stated and copy and pasted the text and saved the document as "keyboard.xml". Im pretty sure its saving it as "keyboard.xml.txt". I pushed the file with adb and nothing changed on my remote (which I had to push as "keyboard.xml.txt). I have windows 7, it is saving the as a TXT file. Can someone please help. So frustrating.
(2014-07-20, 22:53)sparkfuzz Wrote: [ -> ]Okay for the life of me I cant get the different keymaps loaded into my FireTV. I have opened a new text document like wiki stated and copy and pasted the text and saved the document as "keyboard.xml". Im pretty sure its saving it as "keyboard.xml.txt". I pushed the file with adb and nothing changed on my remote (which I had to push as "keyboard.xml.txt). I have windows 7, it is saving the as a TXT file. Can someone please help. So frustrating.

You have to change settings in windows to show file extensions so that you're allowed to change extensions. Windows doesn't allow it by default because most people would accidentally change a .doc to something else and then complain they can't open it.
(2014-07-20, 23:03)finalheaven Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-07-20, 22:53)sparkfuzz Wrote: [ -> ]Okay for the life of me I cant get the different keymaps loaded into my FireTV. I have opened a new text document like wiki stated and copy and pasted the text and saved the document as "keyboard.xml". Im pretty sure its saving it as "keyboard.xml.txt". I pushed the file with adb and nothing changed on my remote (which I had to push as "keyboard.xml.txt). I have windows 7, it is saving the as a TXT file. Can someone please help. So frustrating.

You have to change settings in windows to show file extensions so that you're allowed to change extensions. Windows doesn't allow it by default because most people would accidentally change a .doc to something else and then complain they can't open it.

Download and use Notepad++ which is a "proper" editor for source code. You will then have the option to save using the appropriate extension. It is very user friendly, essentially just like using a simple text editor.
The subject of Fire TV memory issues and path substitution solutions have been discussed earlier in this thread. Ned also referred readers to the Texture Cache Maintenance Utility.

As someone who has owned and prepared Apple TV's for friends and family for years, I must admit that I never once heard about memory problems on their ATV's.

I just love the Fire TV as a replacement for the Apple TV, and I have encouraged everyone to upgrade if they can afford the $99.

Many have -- and are very pleased with the improved experience!

Yet, in just the last month, my Dad and now two friends have called saying that were getting "Low Memory" warnings from their Fire TV. None of these users play their own media through the FTV... and my two friends don't have the slightest idea how to even create a download path. All thought it made sense to "CLEAR DATA" after clearing the cache proved insufficient. And although their memory issues were solved by choosing to "clear data," others were created.

The Fire TV is my first android device and I am confused. Is the Fire TV different from the Apple TV in the way it handles data?

Why does the memory issue appear to be discussed only for the FIRE TV?

Short of setting up a path substitution or using the Texture CMU (tasks that are somewhat complicated for the novice user to handle), or resetting XBMC totally, is there any other way to more easily ease the memory "Blotation" that seems to be occurring? I don't get it…. My two friends who have only had their Fire TV's for 3 weeks said they just watch movies -- yet their XBMC memories were almost 5 GB when they eventually reported they could not even boot to XBMC.

Given this sample, does it not logically follow that ALL users will eventually find themselves in this predicament -- the timeframe depending upon frequency of use?

I'm sorry if my understanding of all this is elementary when it should be more advanced.

Any help is appreciated.
Hi. I have a problem with screensaver "Android Power Options". It works fine till today. Now it reboots my AFTV instead of sleep mode. Can somebody help me whith this?
Anyone else having Netflix crashes when running xbmc as primary launcher? It kept crashing on me right when finishing loading and I read online people saying it happened when they were also running xbmc. They would kill xbmc and then it would start working. I used a task killer to kill all processes and then it started working, even though I launched it from xbmc. Not sure if just a one time issue, will keep an eye on it. Just wanted to see if others experienced this. All in all this is the best machine I've ever used for xbmc. Couldn't be happier with it, well until hbogo is released of course.
(2014-07-20, 23:58)Madline Wrote: [ -> ]Hi. I have a problem with screensaver "Android Power Options". It works fine till today. Now it reboots my AFTV instead of sleep mode. Can somebody help me whith this?

Did you change the screensaver's settings to something other than "Sleep"? I've never had a problem (I wrote it, BTW).

Try the "XBMC Tweaks for FTV" program addon, from my repo. It'll let you toggle between the keymaps (and splashscreens) currently listed in the wiki.

(2014-07-21, 03:43)bradwatson Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone else having Netflix crashes when running xbmc as primary launcher?
Nope. I run XBMC as my launcher, and have never had Netflix crash.