Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2014-04-07, 16:23)DiegoMejia Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-04-07, 15:51)joseruinyc Wrote: [ -> ]Testing out the Ouya now and it plays 1080p and 5.1 audio

I have the fire tv connected through hdmi and when playing video with hdmi audio setting only 2.0 sound came trough once i changed it to optical/coax it played 5.1

i guess Ouya is the keeper

what version of xbmc are you using? spmc or XBMC for ouya?

I'm using bouth the ouya plays 5.1 when I change it to optical although it's connected via hdmi. Haven't tried changing the audio settings on spmc from hdmi to optical to get 5.1 sound will test soon. Spmc seams faster and more responsive but either on performs rather well. Like it a lot more than apple tv2 I might actualy sell my atv2 and get another fire tv
Hey guys, I've been following the thread all weekend. Super excited for the FireTV!

I wanted to see if anyone has tried playing an .iso image of a DVD. I have all my collection on .iso images and currently use my RPi with OpenElec but I have an Amazon Prime subscription and wanted to know if this would play the isos, if it does I may have the ultimate box for what I need!

Any feedback is much appreciated!
(2014-04-07, 17:26)GortWillSaveUs Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-04-02, 18:59)skrowl Wrote: [ -> ]Came here just to see if there would be any support for this device (I'm looking to upgrade from my aging Ouya)

Really? So Ouya is seen as "aging" already? Flash in the pan?

Ouya is over a year old (assuming you got in on the kickstarter) and it's CPU (Tegra 3) is now 2 generations old. For what it's worth, I'd consider Roku 3 as aging as well.
(2014-04-07, 17:29)joseruinyc Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-04-07, 16:23)DiegoMejia Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-04-07, 15:51)joseruinyc Wrote: [ -> ]Testing out the Ouya now and it plays 1080p and 5.1 audio

I have the fire tv connected through hdmi and when playing video with hdmi audio setting only 2.0 sound came trough once i changed it to optical/coax it played 5.1

i guess Ouya is the keeper

what version of xbmc are you using? spmc or XBMC for ouya?

I'm using bouth the ouya plays 5.1 when I change it to optical although it's connected via hdmi. Haven't tried changing the audio settings on spmc from hdmi to optical to get 5.1 sound will test soon. Spmc seams faster and more responsive but either on performs rather well. Like it a lot more than apple tv2 I might actualy sell my atv2 and get another fire tv

Remember the Apple TV 2 is years old now but it kicks android but spec for spec all over. If the atv3 could be JB I think Xbmc would fly on it. And if Apple announces an atv4 I would bet it would kick some butt. I mean try to run android Xbmc on any single core box it lags it's like watching paint dry. Even the ouya with 1gb ram and quad core box is not that fast.
Ouya is ok but in all honesty it's cheaply built. Come on my atv2 has dual band wifi and much better wifi throughput and speed then the ouya.
(2014-04-07, 18:58)ilovemymac Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-04-07, 17:29)joseruinyc Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-04-07, 16:23)DiegoMejia Wrote: [ -> ]what version of xbmc are you using? spmc or XBMC for ouya?

Remember the Apple TV 2 is years old now but it kicks android but spec for spec all over. If the atv3 could be JB I think Xbmc would fly on it. And if Apple announces an atv4 I would bet it would kick some butt. I mean try to run android Xbmc on any single core box it lags it's like watching paint dry. Even the ouya with 1gb ram and quad core box is not that fast.
Ouya is ok but in all honesty it's cheaply built. Come on my atv2 has dual band wifi and much better wifi throughput and speed then the ouya.

Would you guys say that the firetv is a significant upgrade from a jb ATV2? Have little issues with my ATV2, just slow menus and the occasional buffering, but I've been following the thread and hoping the fire tv would knock out the ATV2 in all aspects as far as an XBMC device?
http://forum.xda-developers.com/fire-tv Fire TV section over at XDA is open now
(2014-04-07, 19:05)Rhino89 Wrote: [ -> ]Would you guys say that the firetv is a significant upgrade from a jb ATV2? Have little issues with my ATV2, just slow menus and the occasional buffering, but I've been following the thread and hoping the fire tv would knock out the ATV2 in all aspects as far as an XBMC device?
Yes, it is a huge upgrade from the ATV2. Everything is so much smoother - my only experience with XBMC was on an ATV2 and I didn't know it could be this smooth. Plus it actually supports 1080 unlike the ATV2 which is just 720. I was blown away. Even runs Aeon Nox really nicely.
Can any of you guys who are getting it to work smoothly, post a video demo on youtube, PLEASE?

I am sure there are a lot of us dying to see it in action. It might have already been done but I have not seen it yet. So lease feel free to post any links you might find here.

Thanks guys.
(2014-04-07, 19:23)ozkhan1 Wrote: [ -> ]Can any of you guys who are getting it to work smoothly, post a video demo on youtube, PLEASE?

I am sure there are a lot of us dying to see it in action. It might have already been done but I have not seen it yet. So lease feel free to post any links you might find here.

Thanks guys.

I show how it works on xbmc.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHL42krl...UiIOEpTloA
diego.

whats this mojo box you mentioned? is that an android box?

Any links to that one?
Looks like some major app developers are starting to get something out of the device.

AllCast update allows you to stream and mirror to Amazon Fire TV - http://phandroid.com/2014/04/07/allcast-amazon-fire-tv/
LOL, every new day is like Christmas with this box!! Rofl
how do you send files like txt and zips to the fire tv I downloaded dropbox but I cant sign in do I need a keyboard for that?
Doesn't nfs or smb work with it?

Or do u have to root it?

Most android devices aare pretty open and you can easily map to an external storage.
(2014-04-07, 17:31)hondalex Wrote: [ -> ]Hey guys, I've been following the thread all weekend. Super excited for the FireTV!

I wanted to see if anyone has tried playing an .iso image of a DVD. I have all my collection on .iso images and currently use my RPi with OpenElec but I have an Amazon Prime subscription and wanted to know if this would play the isos, if it does I may have the ultimate box for what I need!

Any feedback is much appreciated!

Yep .iso's play just fine. .. I'm using the ouya xbmc build...