Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2014-04-11, 02:27)mjbxx Wrote: [ -> ]I am not seeing my C: and E: drives on the XBMC on the Fire TV for access to the video files. XBMC installed on the PC gives me access to these drives as the Fire TV does not.

Right-click the directory or drive you want to share and click Properties. You should see a sharing option under the Sharing tab.
(2014-04-11, 00:18)cstark27 Wrote: [ -> ]Same version as me. I also have 3.76GB free (perhaps if you are too low, it won't cache?). Re-tested SPMC 12.3.3 linked on page 1 of this thread (md5: 6d30c16903136ed35464e7b03f1d510f) and video playback was good. I just can't get it to be jittery by changing any of the audio or video options, aside from hardware acceleration. Have you tried XBMC For Ouya 12.3.2?

12.3.3 (md5: 6d30c16903136ed35464e7b03f1d510f) has choppy Monsters video for me, and error in logs about loading libstagefright. Here's log file: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=171238

Ouya 12.3.2 has same error loading libstagefright. Log file: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=171245

I'm running Fire TV version 51.1.0.1_user_510055620; I'm loading videos over ethernet; Fire TV has dolby digital off and resolution set to Auto (should be defaulting to 1080p@60Hz); XBMC audio set to 2.0 analog; i'm installing/uninstalling via adb; and the only change to settings after a fresh install is enabling debugging.

For those having 12.3.3 working great with the Monsters video, can you verify your Fire TV version and see if your setup varies from mine at all?
(2014-04-11, 03:17)crackd Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-04-11, 00:18)cstark27 Wrote: [ -> ]Same version as me. I also have 3.76GB free (perhaps if you are too low, it won't cache?). Re-tested SPMC 12.3.3 linked on page 1 of this thread (md5: 6d30c16903136ed35464e7b03f1d510f) and video playback was good. I just can't get it to be jittery by changing any of the audio or video options, aside from hardware acceleration. Have you tried XBMC For Ouya 12.3.2?

12.3.3 (md5: 6d30c16903136ed35464e7b03f1d510f) has choppy Monsters video for me, and error in logs about loading libstagefright. Here's log file: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=171238

Ouya 12.3.2 has same error loading libstagefright. Log file: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=171245

I'm running Fire TV version 51.1.0.1_user_510055620; I'm loading videos over ethernet; Fire TV has dolby digital off and resolution set to Auto (should be defaulting to 1080p@60Hz); XBMC audio set to 2.0 analog; i'm installing/uninstalling via adb; and the only change to settings after a fresh install is enabling debugging.

For those having 12.3.3 working great with the Monsters video, can you verify your Fire TV version and see if your setup varies from mine at all?

So you got choppy video when you played the monsters sample on xbmc for ouya 12.3.2? Plays fine on my firetv. Let me find out what version of fire TV I'm running.

*update*
Running same firetv version as you
this is what I got when testing the sample file (from a nas shared via nfs over ethernet)

12.3.3_2: Video and audio plays fine - no dropped frames.
12.3.3_3: Choppy video with a lot of dropped frames.
In case anyone is curious, here is how I have my Llama profile set up. It's not perfect right now, but good for me.

Event 1:
When phone starts up - set Llama variable 'startup' to 'true'

Event 2:
When the current app is XBMC on Ouya - set Llama variable 'starup' to 'false'

Event 3:
(Use the AND option) {when the current app is KFTV Launcher and when 'startup' has a value of 'false'} - run XBMC on Ouya.

This allows the default Home to run if you reboot, in case you need to debug something. You will need to launch XBMC manually, one time. I don't see myself ever restarting this device so not a problem. When you push the Home button, Amazon Home will show for a second, then XBMC will pop up. Same for the mic button...these buttons do not invoke separate apps. Nothing I can do there.

XBMC on Ouya does not have a "main" activity, so I'm not sure at the moment how to get it to go back to the main menu when running this profile. But oh well.
(2014-04-11, 03:49)cstark27 Wrote: [ -> ]In case anyone is curious, here is how I have my Llama profile set up. It's not perfect right now, but good for me.

Event 1:

Event 2:

Event 3:
(Use the AND option) {when the current app is KFTV Launcher and when 'startup' has a value of 'false'} - run XBMC on Ouya.

This allows the default Home to run if you reboot, in case you need to debug something. You will need to launch XBMC manually, one time. I don't see myself ever restarting this device so not a problem. When you push the Home button, Amazon Home will show for a second, then XBMC will pop up. Same for the mic button...these buttons do not invoke separate apps. Nothing I can do there.

XBMC on Ouya does not have a "main" activity, so I'm not sure at the moment how to get it to go back to the main menu when running this profile. But oh well.

That's a lot of steps, you have used autopilot.apk? Its two steps, open app once installed and select your version of xbmc
(2014-04-11, 03:55)DiegoMejia Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-04-11, 03:49)cstark27 Wrote: [ -> ]In case anyone is curious, here is how I have my Llama profile set up. It's not perfect right now, but good for me.

Event 1:

Event 2:

Event 3:

That's a lot of steps, you have used autopilot.apk? Its two steps, open app once installed and select your version of xbmc

I am not using a separate remote, so I'm making this work with the Fire TV remote. Need a way to get back to XBMC from Netflix/Hulu when pushing the Home button. AutoPilot only loads XBMC at start, right?
You could start netflix/hulu from xbmc under programs -> android apps, but i dont think there is any direct way to get back to xbmc after pressing the home button in ftv remote.
Hence the setup above. I plan to put big shortcuts to Netflix/Hulu on the main XBMC window. Though, if you 'back' all the way out of Netflix/Hulu, it will take you back to XBMC.
(2014-04-06, 19:56)dogatemyrouter Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-04-06, 18:56)jocala Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-04-06, 18:27)tennisbgc Wrote: [ -> ]has anyone tested out vc-1 or mpeg-2 files on this? heres a sample https://www.dropbox.com/s/ji0d8q4h322pd8...29-001.mkv

The Microsoft usb ir remote/receiver does not work Sad
(Bummed by this. I've used this remote for years.)

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1524543/amazon...t_24573197

This MCE IR usb works with the Fire TV. $12 and you have IR.

Not quite ideal as its essentially an IR keyboard and NOT a MCE remote.

(2014-04-03, 01:31)dhead Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe out of the context of this forum but with Freedreno around I'm guessing it's only question of time until this device would be running Linux.

The hell with Android, I would like to see this run Gnome 3+.

Not a fan of Gnome but being able to run the Linux distro of your choice would be great.

IMO this would be the ultimate purpose of this box.
Not very helpful, but kind of amusing- if you voice search for 'xbmc' plex comes up.
(2014-04-11, 03:57)cstark27 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-04-11, 03:55)DiegoMejia Wrote: [ -> ]

Event 1:

Event 2:

Event 3:

I am not using a separate remote, so I'm making this work with the Fire TV remote. Need a way to get back to XBMC from Netflix/Hulu when pushing the Home button. AutoPilot only loads XBMC at start, right?

Yes, autopilot only let's you initially boot to xbmc, but I've run into at least 6 times where xbmc freezes requiring me to to press the home button then stopping xbmc for ouya app then launching it again. If I had your setup it would require me to unplug the fire TV and turn it back on. I rather just wait till root is out so I could change to TV launcher and all my problems would go away.
Ah ok. I'm just now getting into actually using it so I haven't seen those kinds of problems yet. Thanks for the heads up...I'll look into TV Launcher and maybe just change Event 3 to load that.
(2014-04-11, 02:31)cstark27 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-04-11, 02:27)mjbxx Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-04-11, 02:03)nickr Wrote: [ -> ]Add videos then browse then windows share
I am not seeing my C: and E: drives on the XBMC on the Fire TV for access to the video files. XBMC installed on the PC gives me access to these drives as the Fire TV does not.

The easiest way to get it up, in my opinion: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...using_UPnP

This requires XBMC to be open on your PC, though. I am considering switching over to using PleXBMC.
I have it working now. Thanks for the tip.
(2014-04-11, 05:29)mjbxx Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-04-11, 02:31)cstark27 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-04-11, 02:27)mjbxx Wrote: [ -> ]I am not seeing my C: and E: drives on the XBMC on the Fire TV for access to the video files. XBMC installed on the PC gives me access to these drives as the Fire TV does not.

The easiest way to get it up, in my opinion: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...using_UPnP

This requires XBMC to be open on your PC, though. I am considering switching over to using PleXBMC.
I have it working now. Thanks for the tip.

i would recommend you do a simply file share, or build a simple NAS using FreeNas and and older computer. never chose the simple route, thats boring.