Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2014-04-12, 18:34)underworld123 Wrote: [ -> ]How can I install and test different builds without losing all the settings?

Also, I currently have two versions - XBMC (Gotham) and SPMC. If I install one of the newer builds, can I control whether they overwrite the existing installations or install separately? I have backed up my settings using XBMC backup.
If you simply do an "adb install -r", all settings are kept. Only if you uninstall+re-install are the settings lost.
Also, Ouya, SPMC and Gotham have different signatures, so are completely independent from each others.
Regardind CEC to control XBMC, I'm currently using an OUYA with SPMC is it normal that the peripherals in input devices is grayed out ? My tv is a panasonic and have viera LINK. Just want to see if it works, my FireTV is on the way.
(2014-04-12, 19:53)Koying Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-04-12, 18:34)underworld123 Wrote: [ -> ]How can I install and test different builds without losing all the settings?

Also, I currently have two versions - XBMC (Gotham) and SPMC. If I install one of the newer builds, can I control whether they overwrite the existing installations or install separately? I have backed up my settings using XBMC backup.
If you simply do an "adb install -r", all settings are kept. Only if you uninstall+re-install are the settings lost.
Also, Ouya, SPMC and Gotham have different signatures, so are completely independent from each others.

Thanks Koying!!
(2014-04-12, 20:02)Netix Wrote: [ -> ]Regardind CEC to control XBMC, I'm currently using an OUYA with SPMC is it normal that the peripherals in input devices is grayed out ? My tv is a panasonic and have viera LINK. Just want to see if it works, my FireTV is on the way.
Ouya does not support HDMI-CEC any way (whether true or not, it took them 6 months to realize the CEC line was not wired!)
If I guess correctly, the FTV supports CEC at the Android level, so it's transparent to XBMC.
(2014-04-12, 20:18)Koying Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-04-12, 20:02)Netix Wrote: [ -> ]Regardind CEC to control XBMC, I'm currently using an OUYA with SPMC is it normal that the peripherals in input devices is grayed out ? My tv is a panasonic and have viera LINK. Just want to see if it works, my FireTV is on the way.
Ouya does not support HDMI-CEC any way (whether true or not, it took them 6 months to realize the CEC line was not wired!)
If I guess correctly, the FTV supports CEC at the Android level, so it's transparent to XBMC.

Thx for the quick reply Koying ! Can't wait to receive my FireTV then.
I installed apps (e.g., ES file Explorer, Sopcast), but they are all overscanning (going outside the screen - see http://imgur.com/YfvpOaL or http://imgur.com/c5jSXJA ). How do I avoid that? The same thing happened to XBMC, but I was able to calibrate the display from the Settings. The main menu is not overscanning - I adjusted the same during the initial setup.

Turn off overscan at your TV.
(2014-04-12, 19:19)PK21 Wrote: [ -> ]I have tested with ouya 12.3.2 and the latest builds posted on the wiki (as of yesterday) and the all play mp4, mkv and iso files buttery smooth. However, they all seem to display a slight jerkiness when playing back avi files. Anyone else see this?

Also, has anyone successfully gotten a pvr up on this box with the Gotham build?

I love this box and xbmc. Thanks for all the hard work.

Yes this exact same thing happens for me. Happened on the OUYA as well, the only thing that worked for my Xvid/Divx files was MediaCodec which currently crashes with the FireTV. I've PMed Koying about it and he wants me to provide a sample but I don't have one off hand. Glad I'm not the only one to notice this. I would like to see what it would take to get involved to help MediaCodec support the Adreno 320 GPU so we can get rid of stagefright.

I found a sample, where do you guys host these typically?
(2014-04-12, 21:24)nickr Wrote: [ -> ]Turn off overscan at your TV.

How do I do that?
For me this happened with any avi file I tred to view. The files were on a MyBookLiveDuo duo network drive. Accessed via SMB. Again, this was only a slight jerkiness, not really a stutter, but enough to get annoying.
@underworld What sort of TV do you have?
(2014-04-12, 21:54)nickr Wrote: [ -> ]@underworld What sort of TV do you have?

Panasonic TCl55et5
Has anyone been successful in getting a pvr to work on this box?

Using the tvheadend client in the gotham build I haven't been able to connect to fire tv from a browser on my pc but I can connect to a different type of xbmc box with an openelec install.
Quick update using the latest build of Gotham provided here by koying. Airplay works for photos and using YouTube app. Within xbmc that is of course. Videos crash back to xbmc main menu.
It varies by make and model but Google found me this http://www.engadget.com/question/anybody...d-off-abm/